NFL Power Rankings - Hawks #2 / Niners #1

dunceface

Reaction score
ECB! this is one clowns list and I'm not buyin it!
Not nearly as good as the ESPN list which is a group of five well repsected journalists.
GO HAWKS!

mistaowen

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":2eysw3qj said:
We should be a bit lower, #3 or 4 but still, Ill take it!

I've seen you say multiple times we should be lower in these power ranking, so besides us "winning consistently on the road" which most NFL teams don't do anyways, what is your reasoning? I'm honestly curious. Even the best teams will have 4 loss seasons with 3 on the road.

Also, I'm moving to Cambridge next week and plan on going to BU for graduate school, so if you are still in the Boston area we should go to a bar to watch some Seahawk games this year haha :229031_cheers:

SE174

Reaction score
It still looks weird to see two NFCW teams in the top 10, let alone top 2, considering how bad the division was 3 years ago. NFC Worst to NFC Best.

bellingerga

Reaction score
They were in the superbowl last year. we have in my opinion 2 very evenly matched teams and they just happened to take it a step past what we did last year, so I'm totally ok with these rankings, for whatever their worth.

Yes, we've made alot of fantastic additions this off season but until the games are played it's just on paper.

Axx

Reaction score
Top "Liked Comment"
"Going to laugh when Seattle goes 9-7......too much hype around them."

Can't wait till this team shuts up all the haters.

The Outfield

Reaction score
This is what I prefer: to not be ranked 1st. Serious. Thank you NFL.com.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Tomorrow there will be another and they are all wrong until next February. People have taken notice but it doesn't mean a thing in May.

/thread

kearly

Reaction score
How cool is it that being ranked #2 feels like an insult?

kearly

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":3k95iu2t said:
kearly":3k95iu2t said:
How cool is it that being ranked #2 feels like an insult?

Pretty awesome. And I'm honestly offended by it haha.

Me too. I kind of feel that even if Seattle did NOTHING this offseason and stood pat, you'd have a pretty tough case to make against them being #1. They were historically strong in their final 10 games last season. It's a near miracle that they didn't win them all. Then you add to that one of the better free agency periods anyone has ever seen and a draft that you know will probably produce at least one star player eventually based on Seattle's track record. At this point, not having Seattle #1 feels like trolling to me.

That said, Daniel Jeremiah is a former scout who didn't keep his job very long and became a reporter instead. I like the dude, but I've never really respected his analysis. Though his analysis is probably better than John Clayton's.

My case for Seattle being #1 is with a question: "Which team is the entire NFL desperately scrambling to emulate?"

RichNhansom

Reaction score
That's not a power poll it is an opinion. A poll includes more than one OPINION. Even ESPN's poll didn't have us unanimously ranked #1 but overall we were.

Steve2222

Reaction score
I think what people fail to realize in the Seahawks is....

- Russell Wilson is much more than a one trick pony (always get hung up on the zone read)
- Seattle average loss last year was less than a TD and didnt lose by more than a TD the whole year
- Demolished the NFC Champion late in December
- Where a slow start away in the NFC Divisional Round from advancing to the NFC Championship Game against a team they demolished three weeks prior

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I guess they're trying to stir up some kind of discussion. What else can they do? It's deep in the offseason now and they're desperate to talk about something half interesting.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Who's they? This is one person not a poll. The better question is why are they calling it a poll?

If this didn't say power poll ( which it obviously is not) no one would give it a second thought.

Cartire

Reaction score
dunceface":2ye19y8f said:
ECB! this is one clowns list and I'm not buyin it!
Not nearly as good as the ESPN list which is a group of five well repsected journalists.
GO HAWKS!

I only respect 2 of those 5. Fox, Graziano and Hensley are horrible. Fox is only there because of equal opportunity, but shes a horrible sports writer. Graziano consistently put the cowboys way in front of the hawks until about the last 3 weeks of the year, continually stating that he felt, regardless of record, that the Cowboys were a better team then Seattle.

Sando is the smartest writer I know who constantly injects stats and records and overall facts (not opinions) into his columns.

Clayton, all though a cocky son-of-a, has an extremely high football IQ.

Hawks46

Reaction score
At last! Disrespect.

Bulletin board material for the 2nd game of the year.

ChiefHawk

Reaction score
Gonna be a hard season. Of the top four teams in the NFC, two are in the same division (us and SF - and STL was looking much better by the end of last year...), with the other two alone in their divisions.

I could easily see where neither us or the 49er's get the first round bye, even if we are the better teams at the end of the year.