EPL 2012-2013

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Smurf":3vcgle3s said:
TwilightError":3vcgle3s said:
Uncle Si":3vcgle3s said:
Twilight.... Chelsea needs that CL spot more than Arsenal or Spurs. Have to figure Rafa is out and they need a strong replacement.

That was my point.

Hawkspur":3vcgle3s said:
The Spurs Chelsea game is huge. If Spurs don't win I doubt we'll make the Champions League.

I agree. Its basically same for Chelsea except that a tie would be alright. A victory would make it almost certain. Loss makes it very difficult.

Btw. Its nice to see there's PL people on the board! Even though you guys support the wrong teams :)

Sorry, I've been basking in winning the league for the 20th time...What were we talking about?

your 1 win Sounders team

Smurf

Reaction score
Uncle Si":37t3pvqn said:
your 1 win Sounders team

We've only played 5 games.

We have 4 games in hand over first in the west right now, and play 3 games in 7 days. We pick up all 9 points and we are sitting on 16 points. That should move us into a playoff spot...

Also, its super early in the season. I'm not that worried about it. We'll be there when it matters most.

Smurf

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":ylkzw7w3 said:
Smurf":ylkzw7w3 said:
Uncle Si":ylkzw7w3 said:
your 1 win Sounders team

We have 4 games in hand over first in the west right now, and play 3 games in 7 days. We pick up all 9 points and we are sitting on 16 points. That should move us into a playoff spot...

Also, its super early in the season. I'm not that worried about it. We'll be there when it matters most.

Yep. Just like all those other seasons when the Sounders were so great in the playoffs.

Wait...

I didn't say we were going to win....I said we would be there. I said we would make the playoffs

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Smurf":ja20hqcy said:
Uncle Si":ja20hqcy said:
your 1 win Sounders team

if you're not worried you're not paying attention

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Hawkspur":yrv0hozl said:
The Spurs Chelsea game is huge. If Spurs don't win I doubt we'll make the Champions League.

My thought is that whoever loses the Spurs-Chelsea match won't make the CL.

Smurf

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2lleewww said:
Smurf":2lleewww said:
Uncle Si":2lleewww said:
your 1 win Sounders team

if you're not worried you're not paying attention

I'm not THAT worried....I'm worried, and have said as much in the sounders thread, but I have faith in the boys, and in Sigi.

You guys are missing a bunch of important distinctions today.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
What "important" distinctions am I missing? you said you arent worried, that its early, you trust the team and coach. now youre saying youre not THAT worried.

Its an EPL thread but I brought the Sounders into it so here goes: They lack cohesiveness through the midfield and in the attack. they lack creativity in creating chances, and are struggling to finish the few they get. They lack tactical acumen in the back, and are naive in trying to press forward. their coach has done nothing to change this over the last 2+years. Sigi has yet to show he is capable of adjusting his system to the changes of the league or the philosophy of his opponent. He hoped Montero would bail the Sounders out at big moments, which he failed to do in the playoffs for 2 consecutive (or is it 3 now) years. Now Montero is gone and the team hasnt figured out a way to score without him. To make it worse, they now cant defend consistently for 90 minutes.

Yes, they are in trouble. Yes as a Sounders fan who is a bit more objective I see major issues.

If I missed an "important" distinction here its because you didnt offer any. I'll meet you in the Sounders thread. big game tomorrow. they need 3 points

Smurf

Reaction score
Uncle Si":299m4qan said:
What "important" distinctions am I missing? you said you arent worried, that its early, you trust the team and coach. now youre saying youre not THAT worried.

Its an EPL thread but I brought the Sounders into it so here goes: They lack cohesiveness through the midfield and in the attack. they lack creativity in creating chances, and are struggling to finish the few they get. They lack tactical acumen in the back, and are naive in trying to press forward. their coach has done nothing to change this over the last 2+years. Sigi has yet to show he is capable of adjusting his system to the changes of the league or the philosophy of his opponent. He hoped Montero would bail the Sounders out at big moments, which he failed to do in the playoffs for 2 consecutive (or is it 3 now) years. Now Montero is gone and the team hasnt figured out a way to score without him. To make it worse, they now cant defend consistently for 90 minutes.

Yes, they are in trouble. Yes as a Sounders fan who is a bit more objective I see major issues.

If I missed an "important" distinction here its because you didnt offer any. I'll meet you in the Sounders thread. big game tomorrow. they need 3 points

Read my original post again si. I have said I wasn't THAT worried since the beginning.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
screw you and your semantics Smurf, and your 20 titles.... (mic drop beatch!)

No really though, back to the thread. interesting summer coming for United. I feel like Ferguson would have preferred a deeper run in the CL to a PL title (I could be wrong, just speculation). The squad needs alot. Where do you think they make improvements?

TwilightError

Reaction score
This just might be Fergies final year? 20 championships and all.. And then again, he can always keep going for another decade..

Uncle Si

Reaction score
TwilightError":3jzda7o0 said:
This just might be Fergies final year? 20 championships and all.. And the can always keep going for another decade..

I dont see it this year, although it makes the most sense for them as Mourinho will be available and is keen to return to England.

Their squad needs some overhauling. Not sure Fergie will give it up in the shape its in.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
God damn it, Arsenal matches have to come with a health warning cause one of these days the Gunners are gonna give their fans a heart attack.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Found a fun little GIF from the Arsenal-QPR match yesterday:

1dad3ef23fcf.gif

My guess is that he's trying to relieve the stress the Gunners are causing him(and the fans, though I know I'm not doing stuff like that to relax).

Hawkspur

Reaction score
Damn it United.

It's between Spurs and Arsenal for the 4th place now, you'd have to believe.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Hawkspur":2e4l3m78 said:
Damn it United.

And with Spurs and Arsenal's combined luck, it'll be Arsenal who get it.

InSuarezWeTrust

Reaction score
Well, one of probably the most boring Liverpool matches ive watched in quite a while. Seemed to be a battle of who could string together 4 passes in a row.

Can Fellaini please keep his MF'ing elbows down please?

Hawkspur

Reaction score
Gatehawk":3523v0xv said:
Hawkspur":3523v0xv said:
Damn it United.

And with Spurs and Arsenal's combined luck, it'll be Arsenal who get it.

I'm certainly not over confident but I would say that in terms of luck, both teams are getting their fair share of late. I've been at Spurs last 2 games and spurs have managed to come out of those with 6 points, something that looked highly unlikely at half time of either.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
InSuarezWeTrust":3b7ba285 said:
Well, one of probably the most boring Liverpool matches ive watched in quite a while. Seemed to be a battle of who could string together 4 passes in a row.

its a meryseyside Derby. never pretty. so frenetic and disjointed. Sturridge has to score on his chance i think.

Hawkspur

Reaction score
Uncle Si":11cnx4ea said:
InSuarezWeTrust":11cnx4ea said:

its a meryseyside Derby. never pretty. so frenetic and disjointed. Sturridge has to score on his chance i think.

How has Sturridge been for you guys?

And Coutinho?

InSuarezWeTrust

Reaction score
7 Goals in 14 appearances for LFC I believe? He's worth what we paid, but he is not a $20 million + striker. At times his partnership with Suarez looks like it could be a special one at times.

Like most strikers he shoots first and asks questions later, which at times can be frustrating but you take the good with the bad. IMHO we aren't that much worse off with him up top for the duration of the Suarez suspension.