So NBA player Jason Collins is gay.

Spokane

Reaction score
InSuarezWeTrust":2hsdirir said:
TL;DR Why is this thread 5 pages long?
Yes I think we can all agree that 5 pages for some random dude's comment who used to play B-ball is way to long...but its the offseason, pointless crap makes it this far.

Spokane

Reaction score
BASF":2fgjjhug said:
The bible angle is interesting in that the only place in the bible that openly states anything against homosexuality is Leviticus, which also forbids tattooing. If people were going to heckle a homosexual due to the bible, why not someone who has tattoos? It just seems that people pick and choose whatever from the bible that they think fits their belief and comfort level.

Some very good points in there!

I think we can all be less judgemental on someone's issues if we don't know them and they are far away.

I would think the difference is this guy's issues are being jammed in everyones face right now, so folks are forced to make a right now choice and will not think highly of the person screaming "GAY GUY PLAYS B-BALL" in their face.

Everything connects and everything is a seed. ***There is a reason why no one has came out, its not a good move!

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Spokane":36qgkwnn said:
BASF":36qgkwnn said:
The bible angle is interesting in that the only place in the bible that openly states anything against homosexuality is Leviticus, which also forbids tattooing. If people were going to heckle a homosexual due to the bible, why not someone who has tattoos? It just seems that people pick and choose whatever from the bible that they think fits their belief and comfort level.

Some very good points in there!

I think we can all be less judgemental on someone's issues if we don't know them and they are far away.

I would think the difference is this guy's issues are being jammed in everyones face right now, so folks are forced to make a right now choice and will not think highly of the person screaming "GAY GUY PLAYS B-BALL" in their face.

Everything connects and everything is a seed. ***There is a reason why no one has came out, its not a good move!

jammed in everyones face? or, you could simply ignore it. simple. those that want to make a point are taking an issue. the most telling part of this is that two days later its already moved off the front page.

Spokane

Reaction score
Its off the front page because it should have never been there. Street walker = no news value. They found a dude that was a has been and said do you want some cash, press and to talk to the president?

I was watching NFL live and this story is all they were talking about. So they are Jamming it everyehere.

I am just saying when you pull something from under the rug and keep showing it to everyone in the room - Someone will say something and you may not like it.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Spokane":1d976eqk said:
Its off the front page because it should have never been there. Street walker = no news value. They found a dude that was a has been and said do you want some cash, press and to talk to the president?

I was watching NFL live and this story is all they were talking about. So they are Jamming it everyehere.

I am just saying when you pull something from under the rug and keep showing it to everyone in the room - Someone will say something and you may not like it.

Until the ice is broken, and eventually it happens more and more and THEN it's no longer news. Have to get past this part of it to get there, though.

Spokane

Reaction score
I think its fair to say all has been said in this thread that needed to be.

At this point any post are agenda pushers

Really all has been said, So now we get to see how posts can be made into agenda tools.

Have at it boys

-out

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Spokane":mqxuco11 said:

Really all has been said, So now we get to see how posts can be made into agenda tools.

Have at it boys

-out

As if that's not what you've been doing the entire time, jackhole. :roll:

Uncle Si

Reaction score
volsunghawk":3nupoad5 said:
Spokane":3nupoad5 said:

Have at it boys

-out

As if that's not what you've been doing the entire time, jackhole. :roll:

seriously.... what an ass

TwilightError

Reaction score
The guy who posts most to this thread complains about too many posts in this thread :D

Sac

Reaction score
Spokane":1ai982f9 said:

Have at it boys

-out

Truth. I felt the same way when Rosa Parks refused to sit in the back of the bus. How dare some black woman push their agenda on the rest of us and cause a distraction for bus riders everywhere. Totally selfish. I mean c'mon, she didn't HAVE to choose to be black.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":2hrvif0l said:
Spokane":2hrvif0l said:

Have at it boys

-out

Truth. I felt the same way when Rosa Parks refused to sit in the back of the bus. How dare some black woman push their agenda on the rest of us and cause a distraction for bus riders everywhere. Totally selfish. I mean c'mon, she didn't HAVE to choose to be black.

SacHawk.... do you see this as that groundbreaking of an event? Ive heard some say that sports was the final frontier of acceptance for homosexuality. But whats interesting, is atleast on the front pages, is that its the same old religious criticism coming out, nothing (that ive seen) from the actual sports world about its impact on athletics.

Just interested in your thoughts as I feel like you and a couple others really see this as a major deal.

Sac

Reaction score
That's the thing, i don't think it's a major deal. What i think is a major deal is people like Spokane being obstructions to fairness and equality.

That's what matters.

vedthree

Reaction score
For the past decade or so, I've felt like American society has been split 50/50 on the issue. With the events of recent years, I think we've finally reached the tipping point - now it's more like 55%-60% support and 40%-45% oppose.

As a general rule, the people that oppose will ALWAYS oppose - there's really no arguing or changing their minds. It's like most other changes in society ... you wait for them to die off and be replaced by younger generations with different beliefs. They'll keep screaming loudly as they go, but eventually the voice gets quieter & quieter ....

I do think the Collins story is a big deal - not because of who he is, but because of the reaction it's been getting. I remember when Tuaolo & Ameaechi came out. Obviously, it wasn't a facebook & twitter world, so the stories didn't receive near the exposure - but the tone of the coverage was much different. They were treated more as outliers & oddities. The debate wasn't "will sports ever accept homosexuals", it was "will homsexuals ever be able to make it in sports" - a cruicial difference, because it clearly left the burden on the descriminated party. Acceptance was still in the minority.

With Collins, the attitude has been different - it's more like "okay, we know there's more and that they'll be coming out eventually too" and the pundits & players who have made negative comments have been called out and shouted down. So IMO, that just reinforces my belief society is past the tipping point and acceptance is becoming the majority.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Spokane":a9gnem9a said:

Have at it boys

-out

It's not an agenda, you're a bigot and your belief is 100% wrong.

/endthread

Spokane

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":lkri0cw0 said:
That's the thing, i don't think it's a major deal. What i think is a major deal is people like Spokane being obstructions to fairness and equality.

That's what matters.
I just ordered up 2 packs of .net tissue, just in case I started crying too.

And its closer to...

"That's the thing, i don't think it's a major deal. What i think is a major deal is people like Spokane WHO DISAGREES WITH ME.

That's what matters."

Just think about your loving post on Tebow...Did they all show 100% fairness and equality?

Not even close...Man up, crying is for soft men. Did that guy jason they pulled off the street to say he was gay even cry for joy like this?

Sac

Reaction score
Spokane":p4rgg0ns said:
SacHawk2.0":p4rgg0ns said:

That's what matters.
I just ordered up 2 packs of .net tissue, just in case I started crying too.

And its closer to...

"That's the thing, i don't think it's a major deal. What i think is a major deal is people like Spokane WHO DISAGREES WITH ME.

That's what matters."

Just think about your loving post on Tebow...Did they all show 100% fairness and equality?

Not even close...Man up, crying is for soft men. Did that guy jason they pulled off the street to say he was gay even cry for joy like this?

I'm not a person of faith but I'm going to take a crack at this anyway.

Matthew 7:1 "Do not judge, or you too will be judged"

Pretty simple right? Who are you to pass judgment.

Mark 12:18 "Render unto Caesar the things that are Caesars, and give to God what belongs to God"

I take this to mean that you should follow the laws of the state, whatever they may be. Give your soul to God through worship.

Take both of those together and you get "Be righteous, follow the laws of the State (Caesar) and mind your own ******* business"

Sound about right?

Throwdown

Reaction score
^^^chuuuuch!

God gave us free will didn't he? At least that's what I was taught and how I choose to live, if someone isn't directly hurting you what the hell is the damn issue?

Sac

Reaction score
Throwdown":2hc0643m said:
^^^chuuuuch!

God gave us free will didn't he? At least that's what I was taught and how I choose to live, if someone isn't directly hurting you what the hell is the damn issue?

HIGH FIVE

Spokane

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":1yh5eagg said:
Matthew 7:1 "Do not judge, or you too will be judged"
Pretty simple right? Who are you to pass judgment.
Mark 12:18 "Render unto Caesar the things that are Caesars, and give to God what belongs to God"

Who are you to pass judgment?
I am not judging. I am looking at the impact that Clemons said would happen, and trusting him. Its just not fair to the other players.
like Clemons said...Its selfish. Its just one of many reasons why it does not happen. Tip your hat to the gays for knowing when to pipe down.

Mark 12:18 "Render unto Caesar the things that are Caesars
Sounds like the taxes go to Caesar to me. You would think he hands out the law and would not need the law Rendered back to him.