Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » THE NET NATION LOUNGE » [ THE NET LOUNGE ]

Post subject: 2013 Summer Movies
 Post Posted: Thu May 02, 2013 5:38 am 
NET Ring Of Honor

Which one (S) will you go see.

Me, Star Trek for sure. Maybe Man of steel, and Pacific Rim.

http://www.movieinsider.com/movies/-/2013/

Post subject: Re: 2013 Summer Movies
 Post Posted: Thu May 02, 2013 8:07 am 
* NET Philistine *

I am unrealistically excited for Pacific Rim because if Guillermo del Toro brings the same level of craft as he did in Pan's Labyrinth, it's going to be the best robot punches monster in face movie ever.

Post Posted: Thu May 02, 2013 8:21 am 
NET Veteran

Might see Man of Steel but Im getting really tired of the superhero moves. And I really see no end in site for their popularity *sigh*

Post Posted: Thu May 02, 2013 8:59 am 
* Report Button *

Man Of Steel, for SURE. Trek, FOR SURE. I'm 50/50 on Iron Man...Downey plays him more playboy less psychotic drunk (how it should be). Anything Del Toro does, I'm in, he's earned that with HB 1 and 2, and Pans Labrynth.

Post Posted: Thu May 02, 2013 9:00 am 
Eli Positioner Extraordinaire

Star Trek, Hangover 3, Fast and Furious... they all come out during my birthday week !!

Post Posted: Thu May 02, 2013 9:02 am 
*NET FCC Liaison*

Iron Man, Man of Steel, Fast & Furious 6, Sin City 2. Possibly others.

*He can change a win into a loss.
*He can change a loss into a win by getting injured.
*RedAlice is right.

Post Posted: Thu May 02, 2013 9:05 am 
* NET Starfish *

Yeah, pretty much same here. Trek just looks amazing. I was REALLY excited for Iron Man 3 a while ago, and I'm gonna see it in a couple of days, but my excitement is waning, i think because of the trailer. Dunno.

Man of Steel and Pacific Rim are definites. World war Z is almost a definite. Despicable Me 2 is a definite. The Wolverine I'll pretty likely go to see. Same with The World's End.

I'm going to include Riddick as a summer movie, it comes out September 6th. I will definitely see this and have been looking forward to it for a while.

Post Posted: Thu May 02, 2013 9:22 am 
*Host of .NET Awards*

After Earth

Post Posted: Thu May 02, 2013 9:29 am 
NET Veteran

I see about 1 or 2 movies in the theater a year, think it might be Pacific Rim and Iron Man 3 this year

Post Posted: Thu May 02, 2013 11:02 am 
* The Producer *
* The Producer *

Call me a cynic but this looks like one of the worst crops of summer movies in a long time.

Side note, I saw Oblivion the other night because it happened to be the next movie playing when I decided to check out a movie. It was ok. I hate Tom Cruise. But there were some really cool elements and some hot chicks. Not sure about the origin of the story, if it's based on a book or something, but it seemed to borrow from a lot of other Sci-Fi stories. It was kind of like Total Recall meets Terminator meets The Island, sprinkle in a little bit of Star Wars, Preditor/Alien and maybe some Star Trek towards the end. That's how I've decided to judge this movie. I'll give it a 5.9/10.

Post Posted: Thu May 02, 2013 11:05 am 
NET Veteran

Iron Man 3 (watching Sunday), Star Trek, The Wolverine, Pacific Rim, New Riddick flick, and not totally sold on Man of Steel, but will probably go see it as well.

Post Posted: Thu May 02, 2013 11:39 am 
NET Veteran

Man of Steel, Star Trek, and Wolverine are my top 3.

World War Z, I think I'll wait for the DVD on that one. Seems like it's drifted too far from the book.

Post Posted: Thu May 02, 2013 12:04 pm 
NET Veteran

TriCHawk wrote:

World War Z, I think I'll wait for the DVD on that one. Seems like it's drifted too far from the book.

Sounds like it could be a disaster from all the rewrites and re-filming (40 minutes of the film they had to reshoot), that film had a lot of issues.

Pitt is said to have explained, “We started shooting the thing before we locked down how it was going to end up, and it didn’t turn out the way we wanted it to.”

“It was, like, Wow. The ending of our movie doesn’t work. I believed in that moment we needed to reshoot the movie,” says one Paramount executive.

That's never a good sign.

Post Posted: Thu May 02, 2013 12:33 pm 
NET Veteran

They took a mulligan on shooting an entire movie? The previews have been out for a while now - are those from the original or the re-shoot?

The thing that bothered me the most is that it looks like from the previews the movie is "fast" zombies. Which is not how it was in the book. That's a big difference to me.

Post Posted: Thu May 02, 2013 12:52 pm 
* NET Starfish *

SacHawk2.0 wrote:
After Earth

Wow, really? Why are people still paying money to see M Night Shamalamadingsong's films?

Zeb, totes agree on Oblivion. So predictable. They should have called it "Every sci-fi trope you can imagine in one movie".

Post Posted: Thu May 02, 2013 1:02 pm 
*Host of .NET Awards*

peachesenregalia wrote:
SacHawk2.0 wrote:
After Earth

Wow, really? Why are people still paying money to see M Night Shamalamadingsong's films?

Zeb, totes agree on Oblivion. So predictable. They should have called it "Every sci-fi trope you can imagine in one movie".

After Earth is an M Night flick? Dammit.

Post Posted: Thu May 02, 2013 1:05 pm 
* The Producer *
* The Producer *

peachesenregalia wrote:
SacHawk2.0 wrote:
After Earth

It's not a M Night movie. It's a Will Smith movie. That's why I'll be seeing it.

peachesenregalia wrote:

Right! It was visually impressive though, so that made seeing it on the big screen worth it IMO. But Cruise's "football" reenactment? Wow, that was embarrassing. I bet that guy's never seen a down of football in his life.

Post Posted: Thu May 02, 2013 1:56 pm 
NET Veteran

TriCHawk wrote:
They took a mulligan on shooting an entire movie? The previews have been out for a while now - are those from the original or the re-shoot?

The thing that bothered me the most is that it looks like from the previews the movie is "fast" zombies. Which is not how it was in the book. That's a big difference to me.

I think that was Brad Pitt's decision to change the zombies, he wanted them to swarm like insects or ants. Not in the book, just him changing stuff up. :roll:

Post Posted: Thu May 02, 2013 1:57 pm 
* NET Moderator *

I'll probably watch all of them. Love going to movies.

Post Posted: Thu May 02, 2013 2:28 pm 
* The Producer *
* The Producer *

twisted_steel2 wrote:
TriCHawk wrote:

I think that was Brad Pitt's decision to change the zombies, he wanted them to swarm like insects or ants. Not in the book, just him changing stuff up. :roll:

I thought the book was pretty good, but I don't see how you could stick to it and make it a big Brad Pitt blockbuster type movie. Maybe an indie style mockumentary or something... I dunno. I guess I'm saying I get it, but I don't know if I like it. We'll see.

Post Posted: Thu May 02, 2013 2:54 pm 
NET Veteran

Zebulon Dak wrote:
twisted_steel2 wrote:
TriCHawk wrote:

I thought the book was pretty good, but I don't see how you could stick to it and make it a big Brad Pitt blockbuster type movie. Maybe an indie style mockumentary or something... I dunno. I guess I'm saying I get it, but I don't know if I like it. We'll see.

Yeah - I definitely see the difficulty of sticking to it because it's a bunch of different stories/recollections basically. Just the idea of taking a zombie (slow-moving, unfeeling, unrelenting) and making it sped-up insect, swarming type thing kind of throws it for me. Slow moving seems scarier. Making them fast... that's a big alterration. I'll still see it of course, because it still looks good.

Ok, I'll leave it alone now.

Board index » THE NET NATION LOUNGE » [ THE NET LOUNGE ]