marshawn's dui case ..june 21.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... n-june-21/

I was a whole lot more worried about this last year but I think we could get by a game or two with turbin/michael.

Via Eric Williams of the Tacoma News Tribune, Lynch’s case will go to trial on June 21. Later this month, the presiding judge will consider a motion to dismiss the case and to suppress certain evidence relating to it.

If Lynch ultimately is convicted of or pleads guilty or no contest to DUI, he faces at a minimum a two-game fine under the substance-abuse policy. His history of off-field incidents could result in an enhanced punishment.

xCalibur

Reaction score
this along with the always compete montra sounds like the reason JS drafted Christine M. at RB...gotta be prepared for anything. Also, many talking heads are saying CM was a steal at 56....he would have been a 1st rounder if not for some off the field issues. lets hope he matures real quickly

OP
OP
Hawknballs

Hawknballs

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":2ubm9wb8 said:
Worst case scenario, we get to see a lot of Turbin and Michael and we save 70+ carries on Marshawn's treads.

eggzactly.

Last year at this time we were talking about whatever games he missed as an L. Now it's just an opportunity.

Subzero717

Reaction score
Its Cali home slice. It will get postponed again or dismissed because they have more important things to do. I ain't scurred.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
We don't need Lynch to carry the offense with a new rookie QB like we did last year. I'm not worried, even if he's suspended for a few games. Especially after drafting Michael.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Would suck to lose him, but like everyone is saying...it's not the end of the world anymore.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":31h6yrtz said:
Worst case scenario, we get to see a lot of Turbin and Michael and we save 70+ carries on Marshawn's treads.

Or, Michael doesn't mature and we get Lynch Part Deux and go through this again in 4 years. Either way, we'll be fine.

60niners

Reaction score
The 49ers and Seahawks are pretty evenly matched at this point... If Lynch has to sit the first two games of the season, it could be the difference maker in week 2.

At the end of the season that game could help decide who wins the division.

jkitsune

Reaction score
60niners":ujuoff66 said:
The 49ers and Seahawks are pretty evenly matched at this point... If Lynch has to sit the first two games of the season, it could be the difference maker in week 2.

Absolutely agree. I think we're as able as any team in the league to withstand losing an offensive star like Lynch, but it certainly worries me against a team like SF.

Hawk Finn

Reaction score
60niners":2094z3s0 said:

These are factual statements.

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
I feel like Marshawns DUI isn't brought up enough in reference to seattle drafting 2 rbs

gspin2k1

Reaction score
misfit":29ygmvtq said:
We need him for Week 2.

Was waiting for someone to mention this. As much faith as we have in RT and CM. Are we not forgetting that we are playing the Niners in week 2? We need the best of what we got.

kidhawk

Reaction score
IIRC, his blood alcohol content was just barely over the limit. I'm assuming that he's hired a decent attorney, so honestly, he should have a good shot at beating this thing, even in court. Most people that I've known who had the money to fight these cases when they are so close to the limit have won more times than they have lost in court. Of course for most people, fighting it is more expensive in the short term than just doing the time, so a lot don't, but I really think that we are getting worried about something that we really shouldn't. With our offense, we now have at least THREE guys who can run the ball if Lynch is out. Everyone mentions Turbin and Michael, but we also picked up a guy named Harvin who can run the ball pretty good too.

So, to sum it up, the odds are really in Lynch's favor for this case, and even IF they go against him finally, we have more than enough capable runners to do the job.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":1cc0vrsm said:
I feel like Marshawns DUI isn't brought up enough in reference to seattle drafting 2 rbs

I wouldn't really say we drafted 2 RB's, we drafted a RB and a FB who can play RB. I see Ware as a more athlete Mike-Rob. Sure it will take some time for him to get the blocking down, but I beleive he brings a greater threat as a runner and catcher than M-Rob. Similar to Stanley Havili that PC had @ USC.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
60niners":2a0sfoyj said:

That's a valid point; however, it's equally valid to say that the 49ers are more accustomed to defending against Lynch, so he's easier to game plan for when it comes to defending the run. They have had very limited exposure to Turbin, and no exposure to C. Michael. Game planning for unknown factors while absolutely having to account for Percy Harvin could throw that wrench in the 9ers' direction just as easily.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Everyone mentions Turbin and Michael, but we also picked up a guy named Harvin who can run the ball pretty good too.
I was wondering if anybody was going to mention this. It's like nobody remembers he's on the team and he is literally a do everything and anything type of player that cannot be catagorized into a neat little box. Also Wilson is not a rookie hamstrung in a limited offense anymore.

Latest posts