OLB? Malcolm Smith? What is the plan

sekiuHAWK

Reaction score
Here is my bold prediction: Craig Wilkins

Can defend the run, can get after the QB, and can cover...

[youtube]nYxijpMrUDU[/youtube]

jlwaters1

Reaction score
I like this Craig Wilkins, I think he could stick. I'd like to see my man Toomer make the team this year. Give us a chance to part ways with an aging vet like Farwell.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Dude, just looked at it for the first time but Malcolm Smith's Pro Day Work Out is Off The ******* Chart:

40 Yrd Dash: 4.44 <-- WHOA
20 Yrd Dash: 2.63
10 Yrd Dash: 1.61
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 28 <-- DAMN
Vertical Jump: 39 <-- HOLY SHIT
Broad Jump: 10'05"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.54
3-Cone Drill: 7. 08

Yeah he lacks experience but he's entering year 3 as a Pro: If he can bulk up to at least 230-235, continue to develop his overall instincts at the position, he has the tremendous athleticism to be a promising WLB. His ceiling could be a poorman's Lavonte David.

nanomoz

Reaction score
If these highlights aren't aberrant, he disengages incredibly well. Really impressive.

NYCoug

Reaction score
Damn, I'm torn between Lotulelei, Toomer, and Wilkins. Wilkins cause he's a beast, Toomer cause he could be a beast and is a Vandal, and Lotulelei because he'd be the first long-hair, non-dread Seahawk on a team that's sorely lacking one. As a charter member of the long hair, don't care crew I'd be down with John Lotulelei.

960x595

Happypuppy

Reaction score
Smith is pretty good. His issues were against the run. He gets boxed out , fails to wrap up or misreads the play. All will improve with consistent playing time.

Fuzzman55

Reaction score
Wilkens looks more like a SAM - closer to the LOS, pressing the edge - which isn't a bad thing because there isn't any proven depth behind Wright.

I think we're going to see a lot more interchangeable roles this year. Pete's alluded to it, but Wright will shift over to some WLB, Avril and Irvin will get some opportunities at SAM, and the LEO might be rotated more than we've seen in the past. It has me excited because I feel like this year we have more legitimate playmakers for Pete and Quinn to move around and create havoc for opposing offenses. Just last year when Clemons got injured we were down one edge pass rusher and he was a rookie. Now we'll be fighting to get them all on the field at the same time.