UDFA Signings (9 players confirmed; poss. mini-camp invites)

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • Undrafted Free Agent Tracker right here: http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-draft/2013/4/27/4276394/undrafted-free-agent-tracker-2013

UDFA players offered contracts (confirmed by the Seahawks):

Matt Austin, WR, Utah State
    Alvin Bailey, OT, Arkansas
    Kenneth Boatwright, DE, SIU
    Ramon Buchanan, OLB, Miami
    Ray Polk, DB, Colorado
    Jordan Roussos, G, Bowling Green
    Dominique Whaley, RB, Oklahoma
    Craig Wilkins, LB, Old Dominion
    John Lotulelei, LB, UNLV

Mini-camp invites:

Jajuan Harley, S, Middle Tennessee State
    Austin Coleman, WR, St. Francis (IN)
    Arceto Clark, WR, Mississippi State
    O'Hara Fluellen, CB, Lincoln
    Chris Billingalea, DL, Citadel
    Chancey Aghayere, DE, LSU
    Casey Brockman, QB, Murray State
    Jake Bscherer, OT, Minnesota-Duluth
    Justin Veltung, WR/KR/PR, Idaho
    Akeem Davis, SS/CB, Memphis
    Johnathan Sharpe, OLB, North Greenville
    Josh Jenkins, OG, WVU
    Gerald Kemp, WR/QB, Montana
    Jake Mullin, QB, McMurry St.
    Preston Hadley, CB/SS, BYU
    Drew McAllister, CB/S, USC
    Jim Noel, S/CB, Boston College
    Zach Ramirez, K, Portland State

*Updated with official info. Signing those nine players brings our roster up to the 90-man maximum allowable right now.
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

Re: UDFA Signings
Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:48 pm
  • theres a few more in that thread in the draft forum.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:08 pm
  • OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MATT AUSTIN IS IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH...

I went to school with him at Mt. San Antonio College!!!! This guy is a winner... him and Bruce Irvin are acquaintances... THIS IS AMAAAAZING!!!!
    Jameson
    NET Bench Warmer

Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:30 pm
  • Boatright? Sweet name, his twitter handle made me laugh too.
    Coug_Hawk08
    NET Veteran

Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:38 pm
  • I think my favorite long shot - Okoye - signed with the 49ers.
    Giedi
    NET Starter

Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:41 pm
  • I like the addition of Ramon. He was the #2 ranked OLB out of high school according to scout. He is on the light side at 6015 and 215 pounds but ran a 4.57 at his pro day. Sounds like he was slated to have a great 2011 season but had a season ending knee injury early. He came back this season and hurt it again early in the year.

Looks like Wilkins could be another guy who they will look at in the WILL position. 6007, 238 pounds and ran a 4.54 at his pro day. 36" vert as well.
    polarbill1999
    NET Starter

Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:44 pm
  • DaRick Rogers and Brandon Kaufman both signed with the Bills... damn.
    For custom Seahawk backgrounds and signatures, click HERE!
    SE174
    NET Veteran

Seahawks were interested in Matt Austin
Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:43 pm
  • Thanks to the Utah State influence ....
    and the impression he made on them ...

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/blogsususp ... e.html.csp

Let me lay some 411:

- He has a great vertical leap and has solid hands ...
    - He was the top option at Mt. SAC as wide receiver ...
    - at MT. SAC in '07:
    Austin,Matt 69 receptions - 985 yards 14.3 yards avg. 9 TDs 75 long

at MT. SAC in '08:
    Austin,Matt 71 receptions - 1131 yards 15.9 yards avg. 13 TDs 83 long

His JC career was amazing - showed a lot of athleticisim -- he's an amazing basketball player... AMAZING ... his hands are solid .... a leaper (disregarding his injuries during Utah St.) but his pro day workout was real impressive..

aside Golden Tate and Percy Harvin -- he's gonna be a good 'unseen' receiver who can take the ball from distance... he loves the long ball ... but he can get short and mid range passes.... he's not a speedy person .... but hes got the height to challenge...

im real real real real real real real happy to see him with Seahawks....
    Jameson
    NET Bench Warmer

• I'm guessing none make the team this year. Probably not even the practice squad.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Re: UDFA Signings (13 players)
Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:49 pm
  • Dammit, Chase Thomas signed with NO.
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• Seahawk Sailor wrote:*Cautionary note: I'm adding tentative and unconfirmed reports here, so take them with a grain of salt. The wording seems to indicate this, so that's a good thing. It also appears we're not such a good market for UDFA guys to sign with. Not much of a chance to make the team with the amount of talent we have now, and they know it.

I understand why you'd come to that conclusion, but has anyone (reporters, bloggers, anybody really) actually heard any UDFA's say that? It seems as though we are a desirable destination at least for some. I'd be more inclined to think the reason we aren't signing more guys is the roster max. (Isn't it 90 at this point in the year?)
    49ers webzone: Win or lose, i hope you injure Sherman. Like a serious career ending injury. I don't want him to get paid.
    49ers webzone: noise should not be the overwhelming reason a team is favored. they need to spray noise-damping foam onto the ceiling of that place.
    BlueTalon
    * NET Curmudgeon *
    * NET Curmudgeon *

• BlueTalon wrote:
    Seahawk Sailor wrote:*Cautionary note: I'm adding tentative and unconfirmed reports here, so take them with a grain of salt. The wording seems to indicate this, so that's a good thing. It also appears we're not such a good market for UDFA guys to sign with. Not much of a chance to make the team with the amount of talent we have now, and they know it.

I understand why you'd come to that conclusion, but has anyone (reporters, bloggers, anybody really) actually heard any UDFA's say that? It seems as though we are a desirable destination at least for some. I'd be more inclined to think the reason we aren't signing more guys is the roster max. (Isn't it 90 at this point in the year?)

I've heard a number of reporters, bloggers, etc., say that. Not sure any UDFA said that, but it's the general consensus it's the case, regardless. I'd agree there might be hesitation to sign knowing you ain't gonna make it, but also an attraction to sign just in case you did.
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:00 pm
  • Jameson wrote:OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MATT AUSTIN IS IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I went to school with him at Mt. San Antonio College!!!! This guy is a winner... him and Bruce Irvin are acquaintances... THIS IS AMAAAAZING!!!!

OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!!!1!11!11!!!1one one one !!! Un!!! uno!!! Ichi!!!!
    So you're admitting I'm a celeb...
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

• JSeahawks wrote:I'm guessing none make the team this year. Probably not even the practice squad.

Only a handful of these guys will make it to camp. 90 man roster limit is tough. It's nice to have these problems.
    I'm In!

What attracted you to the Seahawks?
    “It’s a combination of what I believe the coaches are doing here, the atmosphere and what I think we’re going to do here in the future. I think we’re going to win and win a lot and be a championship team.” – Zac Miller, August 4, 2011
    Seafan
    NET Veteran

• Dangit, was really hoping we would grab RayRay Armstrong. Went to the Rams :/ He will be a better than their 3rd round choice, TJ McDonald.
    Coug_Hawk08
    NET Veteran

• Seahawk Sailor wrote:
    BlueTalon wrote:
    Seahawk Sailor wrote:*Cautionary note: I'm adding tentative and unconfirmed reports here, so take them with a grain of salt. The wording seems to indicate this, so that's a good thing. It also appears we're not such a good market for UDFA guys to sign with. Not much of a chance to make the team with the amount of talent we have now, and they know it.

I've heard a number of reporters, bloggers, etc., say that. Not sure any UDFA said that, but it's the general consensus it's the case, regardless. I'd agree there might be hesitation to sign knowing you ain't gonna make it, but also an attraction to sign just in case you did.

I figured it was probably a consensus among analysts. I'm just leery about hearing/believing representations of what a person is thinking without any direct evidence from the person himself. On one hand, a player might want to go somewhere else besides Seattle because the stacked roster drastically limits his ability to make the team. On the other hand, he might prefer to go to Seattle if that possibility exists, because he might just make the team -- but in the event he doesn't, he stands a much better chance of getting picked up elsewhere if he's cut from Seattle than he would if he were cut from, say, Buffalo.
    49ers webzone: Win or lose, i hope you injure Sherman. Like a serious career ending injury. I don't want him to get paid.
    49ers webzone: noise should not be the overwhelming reason a team is favored. they need to spray noise-damping foam onto the ceiling of that place.
    BlueTalon
    * NET Curmudgeon *
    * NET Curmudgeon *

• My thoughts exactly, BT.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

• Don't see many making the roster if at all. I know Wright slides over if anything were to happen to Wagner, but this kid might have a chance to make it as a backup MLB and ST player. Very physical and still pretty fast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... G6OFh5XRVw
    vin.couve12
    NET Veteran

• Bailey sounds like he's got a bit going for him. Be great if he made the team:

Davis Hsu ‏@DavisHsuSeattle 20m
    this Arkansas G Alvin Bailey, likely had a draftable grade on SEA board, athletic 6-3 3/8, 320 pounds #seahawks
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

• Dominique Whaley, RB, Oklahoma - Like this, guy worked his way onto the team and excelled until an injury really set him back. I hope he's fully healed and can crack into the lineup, I admittedly forgot about him after his injury but I remember him balling pretty well before that trouble.
    NFL, all your Owlz are belong to us!
    12th_Bob
    NET Veteran

• what happend to stefan charles the canadaian DT
    Lynch Mob
    NET Veteran

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... YxijpMrUDU

Wilkins plays with some pretty extreme violence at the POA albeit lower level of competition. NFL sized backer with nice streamlined athleticism. I have to think the 7.85 3 cone is a typo, but I don't know. Just wouldn't add up with the 4.54 40 time it would seem when combined with what I see on the vid.
    vin.couve12
    NET Veteran

Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:56 am
  • CANHawk wrote:
    Jameson wrote:OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MATT AUSTIN IS IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow Really? Clearly Jameson went to school with the guy and maybe even buddies. Yeah lets act like a little girl and make fun of a person who is pumped about someone they know making the team they love. First time I have ever seen a member act like a bitch
    Spokane
    NET Veteran

• Lynch Mob wrote:what happend to stefan charles the canadaian DT

Looks like he got signed by the Titans, going to be tough for any of these guys to make the roster but best of luck to them
    AlexHawk
    NET Practice Squad

Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:07 am
  • Giedi wrote:I think my favorite long shot - Okoye - signed with the 49ers.

I'm a bit disappointed we didn't pick him up too
    S^4
    NET Bench Warmer

• I tried to find these guys on NFL.com, only 2 of them were on the prospect list.
    XxXdragonXxX
    NET Veteran

• Regarding Polk:

Davis Hsu ‏@DavisHsuSeattle 5m
    Colorado S, Ray Polk, 6006, 219, 4.4 forty, 39 vert, 19 bench, 7.10 3cone #seahawks @DStephensScout says hits like Ken Hamlin

Davis Hsu ‏@DavisHsuSeattle 3m
    Polk was a Rob Rang "Diamond in the Rough"
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

• I think FS Ray Polk has a chance to make the team....practice squad at the least.

5-10, 219
    4.43 forty
    39 inch vertical
    225 - 19 times

"Capable of playing a single-high look because of that range, his foot quickness and short-area agility allows him to stay with slot receivers in man coverage about as well as most college cornerbacks."
    http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/ ... id=2539218

Sounds like a poor man's ET.
    truehawksfan
    NET Veteran

• Spokane wrote:
    CANHawk wrote:
    Jameson wrote:OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MATT AUSTIN IS IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow Really? Clearly Jameson went to school with the guy and maybe even buddies. Yeah lets act like a little girl and make fun of a person who is pumped about someone they know making the team they love. First time I have ever seen a member act like a bitch

This all the way.
    Decimation
    NET Veteran

• truehawksfan wrote:I think FS Ray Polk has a chance to make the team....practice squad at the least.

5-10, 219
    4.43 forty
    39 inch vertical
    225 - 19 times

"Capable of playing a single-high look because of that range, his foot quickness and short-area agility allows him to stay with slot receivers in man coverage about as well as most college cornerbacks."
    http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/ ... id=2539218

Sounds like a poor man's ET.

His measurables are good. Just a quick correction but he measured in at 6-06.
    polarbill1999
    NET Starter

• Geez. Sorry ladies. Didn't know you were all so sensitive... Blame the Prelag avatar.

Gratz to your close personal friend making the team Jameson. Hope he works out. No hard feeling or personal ill will was intended. Just poking a lil fun at your comic use of exclamation marks. You can go be as excited as you want. ;)

......and if that's the first time you've seen a member act like a bitch, you clearly haven't been paying close enough attention. :roll:
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

• I like the looks of John Lotulelei out a UNLV..

Seen some YouTube clips of him and think he might add something for us..
    UK based Seahawks Fan
    --
    Media & Communications Director with the UK's
    Staffordshire Surge American football Team
    wayupna
    NET Practice Squad

• wayupna wrote:I like the looks of John Lotulelei out a UNLV..

Dreds. He's a lock!
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:49 pm
  • CANHawk wrote:

Wait...CanHawk, Largent80 and PreLag are ALL THE SAME PERSON?!?!?!?! OMFG@!!!

Edit to add: WTF?!?! OMG!!! LOL!!??
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

• Polk is a leader as well. I brought his name up several times before as an underrated prospect.
    SDHawk
    NET Veteran

• Jake Mullin, looks like he has a good arm and is confident under pressure..
    UK based Seahawks Fan
    --
    Media & Communications Director with the UK's
    Staffordshire Surge American football Team
    wayupna
    NET Practice Squad

• wayupna wrote:I like the looks of John Lotulelei out a UNLV..

He plays fast, and hits hard. Reminds me of a guy, albeit different positions, I use to see in all those shampoo commercials.

San Fransisco. Still partying like it's 1981.
    Mistashoesta
    NET Veteran

• Mistashoesta wrote:
    wayupna wrote:I like the looks of John Lotulelei out a UNLV..

He plays fast, and hits hard. Reminds me of a guy, albeit different positions, I use to see in all those shampoo commercials.

Lotulelei looks like Heath Farwell's competition to replace him on ST

Heath Farwell
    6-0 224lb
    40 Yd Dash - 4.68
    Vertical - 36
    Broad Jump - 9'9"
    20Yd Shuttle - 4.43
    3-Cone - 7.0

John Lotulelei
    5'-11-3/8" 233lb
    40Yd Dash 4.65
    Vertical - 35.5
    Broad Jump - 10'-02
    20Yd Shuttle - 4.30
    Bench Press - 25
    3-Cone - 6.91
    32 5/8 arms, 10 5/8 hands

Scouting Rpt
    GoHawks
    NET Starter

• I thought the same. Farewell is epic, but also very expensive for a pure ST player. Lotu looks like legit competition there, and a better linebacker in a pinch.
    Coug_Hawk08
    NET Veteran

• GoHawks wrote:Lotulelei looks like Heath Farwell's competition to replace him on ST

Heath Farwell
    6-0 224lb
    40 Yd Dash - 4.68
    Vertical - 36
    Broad Jump - 9'9"
    20Yd Shuttle - 4.43
    3-Cone - 7.0

John Lotulelei
    5'-11-3/8" 233lb
    40Yd Dash 4.65
    Vertical - 35.5
    Broad Jump - 10'-02
    20Yd Shuttle - 4.30
    Bench Press - 25
    3-Cone - 6.91
    32 5/8 arms, 10 5/8 hands

Scouting Rpt

Thanks for that. Two things though.

1. Bleacher Report blows.
    2. Here is another "scouting report" by the same columnist you linked above.
    LINKY
    Mistashoesta
    NET Veteran

• Did you atually read that scouting report? He wasn't wrong on anything and was actually very complimentary about Wilson.
    GoldenTater81
    NET Starter

• GoldenTater81 wrote:Did you atually read that scouting report? He wasn't wrong on anything and was actually very complimentary about Wilson.

Did you? A few things he stated had merit, but to say that he wasn't wrong on ANYTHING is asinine.

Wes Bunting wrote:his footwork in the pocket is a major work in progress. He doesn't keep a real natural base, fails to consistently stay balanced and routinely bounces up and down in order to see over the line of scrimmage

Scott Carasik wrote:He will likely be a career backup and looks like a mid-to-late round pick

I understand that it was a early analysis and no one had the hindsight to envision Russell doing what he did. I just found it hilarious that one would list any "columnist" from the BR as a credible source for a scouting report. It is widely known that anything BR related should be taken with a grain of salt.
    Mistashoesta
    NET Veteran

• I think Bailey and Polk will surprise people.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

• Mistashoesta wrote:
    Wes Bunting wrote:his footwork in the pocket is a major work in progress. He doesn't keep a real natural base, fails to consistently stay balanced and routinely bounces up and down in order to see over the line of scrimmage

Jumping up and down to see over the line? LOLZ! Apparently throwing lanes are a foreign concept to Mr. Wes Bunting.
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:44 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information