My Theory About Getting Tha Monstar in the 5th

Brahn

Reaction score
zhawk":9pzyix9t said:
and here's the thing, when I buy a jersey, or a ticket, my money is as good as yours. and when i'm in the stadium, my voice is as loud as yours. and because you have an opinion, its just that. an opinion. not a hater but I don't like how some debase others on this board.

I support this, but the fact remains you will always find someone more invested in something than you. And when you do that person will always feel more correct or more secure in being rude as they feel themselves above civility. This is gonna happen, best to just let those who have to be negative to enjoy life to just be negative. You take the good with the bad, it just happens the bad never realize they are the bad because they are to busy thinking of the next big insult or cleaver retort.

Instead of giving actual feedback these days all you need is a quick 1 or 2 word response that adds nothing but still lets the responder feel they are important because they commented. These are forums, not mandated debates or structured topics. You should understand when you enter forums of any type these days you get 20% information and conversation, and 80% tom foolery and ego stroking.

Basically, we all came here because we are Hawks fans. And much like going to the Clink there will always be those who are more occupied with whats going on in the stands then whats going on down on the field.

mikeak

Reaction score
zhawk":3t0pm5lh said:
and here's the thing, when I buy a jersey, or a ticket, my money is as good as yours. and when i'm in the stadium, my voice is as loud as yours. and because you have an opinion, its just that. an opinion. not a hater but I don't like how some debase others on this board.

Sounds like you are debasing those with an opionion. Guess that is your opinion and you are entitled to that......:D

HawkHack

Reaction score
BlueTalons":35pjzxck said:
Pete and John are Jedi Masters and play Jedi mind tricks on the other GMs. Russell is a Padwan. The VMAC is the Jedi Palace and the CLink is the Jedi battle arena.

Wow ... that's so cool. I had no idea.

It all makes sense, though.

kf3339

Reaction score
Recon_Hawk":3ktuft1c said:
I think ultimately its because of concerns about his knee, legit or not. Every year theres a a few good prospects who fall in the draft because of questions about it. Last year Lamar Miller lasted till the fourth and was scooped up by Miami. So far proven himself well and healthy and worth the possible risk pick.

I think there's possible question of fit to some teams as well as value of the role he plays. He's more a player in a 3-4 than 4-3 so I'm sure some teams simply had him off their board completely. For seattle tho, he's a great fit in the 2-down run-stuffing 3-tech and 5-tech role which not all teams value in a passing league.

I think this is pretty accurate. But I don't really care how it happened. He is ours now and that is fine with all of us! Also PC has said that we play I believe a 4-3 base with 3-4 tendencies, or something like that. So whatever it is, fine with me!

drdiags

Reaction score
I think all 32 teams had access to Williams' medical information. I don't know how many had him in for personal workouts nor do I know if they can do any follow-up medical at that time. My suspicion is that there is cause for concern but it is a judgement based decision. Since the prognosis was so volatile all teams decided he wasn't worth the risk of using a pick 1-4 on.

The fact the Seahawks moved up to grab him in the top of the 5th shows that was the area the team thought he would become a prime candidate to be chosen. Unless John had a mole working in the combine medical staff or somewhere to muddy the waters, I am not buying the OP's theory.

drdiags

Reaction score
In case anyone missed this article by D Farrar it contains a look at why J Williams fell. He of course spins it in the positive for the Seahawks so other teams fans could just skip it.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...raft-week-free-fall-could-lead-225349772.html

Sources have told Shutdown Corner that while some teams were seriously concerned about the long-term viability of Williams' knee -- the word "arthritic" apparently came up in discussions -- others gave him a relatively clean bill of health. Beyond that, as round after round went past and no team took a gamble, it very well could be that Williams found himself in a nightmarish Catch-22. Those teams with interest, but legitimately wondering about his knee in the long term, may have backed away because he was still on the board.

In the end, Williams was a more-than-acceptable "risk" in the fifth round for Seahawks general manager John Schneider and head coach Pete Carroll, who are very aware of Williams' potential if he can retain full health.

"He’s had work done in the past, but we understand what the situation is, just like our other guys that we deal with, but he should be all right, and we’re expecting him to be full speed," Carroll said on Saturday. "He worked out at his workout in Alabama, and he’s ready to go."