Panther fan with a player question

RussWILSON3

Reaction score
PantherFan":tei7ah22 said:
Oh alright... Well atleast we just drafted Star and Kawann Short. I hope ya'll are ready in September because the Panthers are no joke this year.

Sooooo... Are you saying that since the Panthers drafted those two guys that they will suddenly be relavent? Hmmm.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
Cole is my least favorite type of DT. Instead of anchoring in, when he gets double teamed he sinks back in order to shed the block rather than hold his own and not give away free yards. He gets tackles this way, but they are six yards downfield. He was better in 2011, a little more inconsistent, but he should be a spot rotational guy, nothing more.

OP
OP
P

PantherFan

Reaction score
RussWILSON3":pny1w931 said:
PantherFan":pny1w931 said:
Oh alright... Well atleast we just drafted Star and Kawann Short. I hope ya'll are ready in September because the Panthers are no joke this year.

Sooooo... Are you saying that since the Panthers drafted those two guys that they will suddenly be relavent? Hmmm.
Well considering atleast three of our losses came from Dline play last year, yeah. 10-6 seems pretty relevant. But anyway thanks guys for all the info. Definitely have a better understanding now. Go Panthers!

OP
OP
P

PantherFan

Reaction score
NC State Seahawk":3g9xplor said:
PantherFan":3g9xplor said:
Haha don't even go there. We will never be Jaguars bad. BTW I hope ya'll don't still have NC State's old DT starting at guard anymore because our pass rush will be top 3 in the NFL this year. The kraken is coming!

Aw man....Sweezy is a cool story you don't see that often in the NFL. Let's leave the Wolfpack out of this, k? haha
Haha I'm a huge pack fan myself. Just thought that was a kinda shocking story.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score

aawolf

Reaction score
While Cam is no joke, its clear that RW is the better QB. Cam has a tendency to get flusterred, especially late in games...the meltdowns are often costly. If you've ever watched the Panther scores flash at the bottom of the screen during a game in the first half, and the Panthers have the lead, chances are they will blow it in the second half. It was infuriating as a fan. RW is the opposite...he's always cool, always under control, down to the end no matter what. There will be moments with Cam when he rumbles down half the field when a play breaks down or throws a lazer deep ball that will leave you in awe. But, RW does that too. Both are clear franchise QBs, but RW is better.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Wilson is, and will continue to be a better overall player than Cam. Cam has a ton of talent, no doubt. But in the clutch, he just doesn't have it. Also, his cockiness and the media dry humping (especially by Deion Sanders) gets real old. That stupid Superman pose thing he does is almost as annoying as Krapperdink and his Bicep kissing.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Cam's pouting and inability to quickly overcome, or even mask, his disappointment and frustration would drive me crazy if I were a Panther's fan.

And if our board had ads like theirs, that would drive me crazy too.

GO HAWKS!

OP
OP
P

PantherFan

Reaction score
I think it would be ignorant to call either QB the better QB at this point. Wilson came into the league just one year ago and had a team set up around him that was ready to win. We on the other hand drafted Cam to rebuild around. So give another 5-10 years then we can say who is really the better QB. You can also look at in the aspect of yards- Cam is averaging 1000 more passing yards and 350 more rushing yards. Both look to be the future of the NFL tho.

OP
OP
P

PantherFan

Reaction score
aawolf":776odu8b said:
While Cam is no joke, its clear that RW is the better QB. Cam has a tendency to get flusterred, especially late in games...the meltdowns are often costly. If you've ever watched the Panther scores flash at the bottom of the screen during a game in the first half, and the Panthers have the lead, chances are they will blow it in the second half. It was infuriating as a fan. RW is the opposite...he's always cool, always under control, down to the end no matter what. There will be moments with Cam when he rumbles down half the field when a play breaks down or throws a lazer deep ball that will leave you in awe. But, RW does that too. Both are clear franchise QBs, but RW is better.
In the games that we blew it was always our defense giving up huge plays at the end of games, something RW doesnt have to worry about. So if you want to look at who has the better team around them right now, that's not a hard decision.

OP
OP
P

PantherFan

Reaction score
The Seahawks and Panthers actually scored about the same amount of touchdowns last year, so i wouldn't say that's it gargantual. Our problem was defense. Cam doesn't get to play game manager like RW, he always has to play keep up.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
PantherFan":32czyu7v said:
I think it would be ignorant to call either QB the better QB at this point. Wilson came into the league just one year ago and had a team set up around him that was ready to win. We on the other hand drafted Cam to rebuild around. So give another 5-10 years then we can say who is really the better QB. You can also look at in the aspect of yards- Cam is averaging 1000 more passing yards and 350 more rushing yards. Both look to be the future of the NFL tho.

I tend to agree. Every time I watch a countdown/highlight show of the stuff from my childhood (Montana, Elway, Marino) and even earlier (Namath, Staubach, Fouts, etc) I think about how we're probably going to see Wilson, Newton, Luck, Griffin, etc. on those shows in 15-20 years. I know that a LOT can happen before then, but it's very exciting to be here at the beginning of what could be a new, possibly historic, era of quarterback play. Fun to watch for sure.
:snack:
I also agree that Wilson had a better team around him to start. Even so, I think he made players around him better. As a rookie he inspired veteran guys to work smarter and play harder. If I were a Panthers fan, I'd be hoping that Cam steps up in that regard. He's a one-man offensive machine, but one way or another he (and the coaching staff?) needs to bring others closer to his level of play and turn the frustration into something constructive. I guess starting out 1-6 is enough to bum out anybody. At least your guys finished strong last year. Something to build on and all that.

OP
OP
P

PantherFan

Reaction score
HawkAroundTheClock":23er56x1 said:
PantherFan":23er56x1 said:

I tend to agree. Every time I watch a countdown/highlight show of the stuff from my childhood (Montana, Elway, Marino) and even earlier (Namath, Staubach, Fouts, etc) I think about how we're probably going to see Wilson, Newton, Luck, Griffin, etc. on those shows in 15-20 years. I know that a LOT can happen before then, but it's very exciting to be here at the beginning of what could be a new, possibly historic, era of quarterback play. Fun to watch for sure.
:snack:
I also agree that Wilson had a better team around him to start. Even so, I think he made players around him better. As a rookie he inspired veteran guys to work smarter and play harder. If I were a Panthers fan, I'd be hoping that Cam steps up in that regard. He's a one-man offensive machine, but one way or another he (and the coaching staff?) needs to bring others closer to his level of play and turn the frustration into something constructive. I guess starting out 1-6 is enough to bum out anybody. At least your guys finished strong last year. Something to build on and all that.
I agree with every word you just said.

OP
OP
P

PantherFan

Reaction score
gargantual":zjzqaik3 said:
That was Russell Wilson forced to wear training wheels by old Petey the first part of last year. You'll be getting the latter-half-of-the-season Hawks this time, force multiplied ad infinitum. You don't have a clue what's coming.

Where are the Panthers on the power rankings? 21st? http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings
Once again i'm not doubting who's the better team. But power rankings? Give me a break lol...Ya'll were ranked 22nd in last years

Latest posts