Chip Kelly already up to no good at his latest stop?

pehawk

Reaction score
I'm with ya J. Now that he's out of Oregon I love the dude. He's borderline insane...and I love everything about it.

edited by radish

JSeahawks

Reaction score
pehawk":3pukwhj0 said:
I'm with ya J. Now that he's out of Oregon I love the dude. He's borderline insane...and I love everything about it.

He's definatly singularly focused on winning football games. And he's a brilliant, hillarious interview if you like dry, sarcastic humor. He's my favorite coach any of "my" teams have ever had.

Plus, obviously he's not afraid to push the boundaries, which I appreciate.

edited by radish

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
JSeahawks":8907mxbi said:
pehawk":8907mxbi said:

He's definatly singularly focused on winning football games. And he's a brilliant, hillarious interview if you like dry, sarcastic humor. He's my favorite coach any of "my" teams have ever had.

Pushing boundaries? Hmmm, I think I would phrase it more like "he's not afraid to blatantly cheat"

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":11cotjcy said:
JSeahawks":11cotjcy said:
pehawk":11cotjcy said:

Pushing boundaries? Hmmm, I think I would phrase it more like "he's not afraid to blatantly cheat"

Wins games. Couldnt care less.

But dont think that he ever blatantly cheated at Oregon. Definatly worked in some lgrey areas and took advantage of some loop holes which have since been closed.

And in college recruiting if you aint cheating, you aint trying. No matter who your team is, i'd bet money that they're doing some pretty shady things too. If they're not, they should be.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1sk2tbzd said:

But dont think that he ever blatantly cheated at Oregon. Definatly worked in some loop holes which have since been closed.
Until the NCAA comes in and takes those wins away, puts you on a bowl ban and takes scholarships away, right? ;)

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":1yj0uqvv said:
JSeahawks":1yj0uqvv said:

But dont think that he ever blatantly cheated at Oregon. Definatly worked in some loop holes which have since been closed.
Until the NCAA comes in and takes those wins away, puts you on a bowl ban and takes scholarships away, right? ;)

Why do I care if they take wins away? It doesnt ruin my January 8, 2012 if they tell me now that we actually lost the Rose Bowl. Doesnt matter. I still had a great day and they beat Russell Wilson and Wisconsin. I dont care what the record books say in 10 years. I still know we're about to beat Washington for the 10th time, even if the record book will only say 7. Not sure why they would take wins away though, as far as I know we never played any ineligible players. (Lache Seastrunk, who all the drama is about, never set foot on the field as a Duck.)

They won't give us a Bowl Ban, but if they do, they do. It will have been worth it because we're now a national program who can recruit nationally.

If they give us scholarships reductions (which I expect they will, along with a few less official visits), we've already been playing ra few under the scholarship limit for the last few years, so we're prepared for it.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Well, when Auburn gets its record expunged for cheating, and Oregon gets it's record expunged for cheating, will there actually have been a championship game?

pehawk

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2nelogqc said:
Well, when Auburn gets its record expunged for cheating, and Oregon gets it's record expunged for cheating, will there actually have been a championship game?

Did Auburn move to the West Coast? If not, they did NOTHING wrong.

You're dumb.

mikeak

Reaction score
JSeahawks":33hquhzm said:
They won't give us a Bowl Ban, but if they do, they do. It will have been worth it because we're now a national program who can recruit nationally.

Not self imposing a bowl ban this year with a new coach is STUPID. Looking at Ohio State and UNC I expect it to happen. Better to take it this year and move on....

Now in regards to the link. Education is clearly not important at LSU and seriously how does Chip not "know" this rule???? I wondered about it the other year and went - I am sure you aren't allowed to call before the draft is over and 2secsnon google answered it for me.

The whole "I pulled myself out of draft" sounds really strange and I just wonder if Honey Badger shared with him.....

JSeahawks

Reaction score
mikeak":r1cfpnc3 said:
JSeahawks":r1cfpnc3 said:

Not self imposing a bowl ban this year with a new coach is STUPID. Looking at Ohio State and UNC I expect it to happen. Better to take it this year and move on....

Why in the world would they self impose a bowl ban when pretty much universally among the media (unless youre talking about UW insiders like Kim and ruth) they're saying that a bowl ban is not likely? What would be stupid is self imposing a bowl ban, when you werent going to get one in the first place, in a season where you have a very good chance to play for the national championship.

Either way, the decision is expected to be made before this season starts (FINALLY!). So there's no need for the Ducks to do it themselves.

The Ohio State and the UNC cases are nothing like Oregon's. In both of those cases players got extra benefits. There is absolutely nothing linking any Oregon players to getting extra benefits, all there is is that we paid a recruiting service for questionable information and made more phone calls then we were supposed to make.

kearly

Reaction score
I should hate Chip Kelly. But I can't. Why is it that Kelly's subtle underhandedness makes me like him more instead of less? I guess I've always felt appreciation for clever bastards.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
pehawk":3gvgbnam said:
Scottemojo":3gvgbnam said:

Did Auburn move to the West Coast? If not, they did NOTHING wrong.

You're dumb.

True, true. Pointing at the retarded kid is still socially taboo, though.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1d7h5al4 said:
Hawkfan77":1d7h5al4 said:
JSeahawks":1d7h5al4 said:

But dont think that he ever blatantly cheated at Oregon. Definatly worked in some lgrey areas and took advantage of some loop holes which have since been closed.

And in college recruiting if you aint cheating, you aint trying. No matter who your team is, i'd bet money that they're doing some pretty shady things too. If they're not, they should be.

After posting this, you don't get to say a word about Auburn ever again.

Ever. :141847_bnono:

(and for the record, the NCAA still hasn't found anything on Auburn since 1993)

BlueTalons

Reaction score
Look who published the story: Florio. That should tell you something. That guy likes to kick hornet nests to see what happens for fun.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2hnownq0 said:
mikeak":2hnownq0 said:
JSeahawks":2hnownq0 said:

Why in the world would they self impose a bowl ban when pretty much universally among the media (unless youre talking about UW insiders like Kim and ruth) they're saying that a bowl ban is not likely? What would be stupid is self imposing a bowl ban, when you werent going to get one in the first place, in a season where you have a very good chance to play for the national championship.

Either way, the decision is expected to be made before this season starts (FINALLY!). So there's no need for the Ducks to do it themselves.

The Ohio State and the UNC cases are nothing like Oregon's. In both of those cases players got extra benefits. There is absolutely nothing linking any Oregon players to getting extra benefits, all there is is that we paid a recruiting service for questionable information and made more phone calls then we were supposed to make.
Whoa there JS, ruth is NO insider. I think she's actually a duck or coug because she does so much harm to UW.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
“Russell Shepard has not signed a contract with the Philadelphia Eagles. However, we did come to terms on a contract with he and his agent after the draft was completed. We anticipate he, like all of the rookie free agents we have agreed to terms with, will take a physical examination upon arriving in Philadelphia prior to next week's rookie minicamp and then sign a contract."

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-o ... -nfl-draft

CPHawk

Reaction score
Ruth, Kimmy and Softy are the faces of the UW.