Chip Kelly already up to no good at his latest stop?

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13

• That's my boy!
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• I'm with ya J. Now that he's out of Oregon I love the dude. He's borderline insane...and I love everything about it.

edited by radish
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

• pehawk wrote:I'm with ya J. Now that he's out of Oregon I love the dude. He's borderline insane...and I love everything about it.

He's definatly singularly focused on winning football games. And he's a brilliant, hillarious interview if you like dry, sarcastic humor. He's my favorite coach any of "my" teams have ever had.

Plus, obviously he's not afraid to push the boundaries, which I appreciate.

edited by radish
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• Prepare yourself for losing draft picks.
    Carmon1274
    NET Veteran

• JSeahawks wrote:
    pehawk wrote:I'm with ya J. Now that he's out of Oregon I love the dude. He's borderline insane...and I love everything about it.

He's definatly singularly focused on winning football games. And he's a brilliant, hillarious interview if you like dry, sarcastic humor. He's my favorite coach any of "my" teams have ever had.

Pushing boundaries? Hmmm, I think I would phrase it more like "he's not afraid to blatantly cheat"
    SUPERBOWL!!
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran

• Hawkfan77 wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:
    pehawk wrote:I'm with ya J. Now that he's out of Oregon I love the dude. He's borderline insane...and I love everything about it.

Pushing boundaries? Hmmm, I think I would phrase it more like "he's not afraid to blatantly cheat"

Wins games. Couldnt care less.

But dont think that he ever blatantly cheated at Oregon. Definatly worked in some lgrey areas and took advantage of some loop holes which have since been closed.

And in college recruiting if you aint cheating, you aint trying. No matter who your team is, i'd bet money that they're doing some pretty shady things too. If they're not, they should be.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• JSeahawks wrote:

But dont think that he ever blatantly cheated at Oregon. Definatly worked in some loop holes which have since been closed.

Until the NCAA comes in and takes those wins away, puts you on a bowl ban and takes scholarships away, right? ;)
    SUPERBOWL!!
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran

• Hawkfan77 wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:

But dont think that he ever blatantly cheated at Oregon. Definatly worked in some loop holes which have since been closed.

Until the NCAA comes in and takes those wins away, puts you on a bowl ban and takes scholarships away, right? ;)

Why do I care if they take wins away? It doesnt ruin my January 8, 2012 if they tell me now that we actually lost the Rose Bowl. Doesnt matter. I still had a great day and they beat Russell Wilson and Wisconsin. I dont care what the record books say in 10 years. I still know we're about to beat Washington for the 10th time, even if the record book will only say 7. Not sure why they would take wins away though, as far as I know we never played any ineligible players. (Lache Seastrunk, who all the drama is about, never set foot on the field as a Duck.)

They won't give us a Bowl Ban, but if they do, they do. It will have been worth it because we're now a national program who can recruit nationally.

If they give us scholarships reductions (which I expect they will, along with a few less official visits), we've already been playing ra few under the scholarship limit for the last few years, so we're prepared for it.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• Well, when Auburn gets its record expunged for cheating, and Oregon gets it's record expunged for cheating, will there actually have been a championship game?
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

• Scottemojo wrote:Well, when Auburn gets its record expunged for cheating, and Oregon gets it's record expunged for cheating, will there actually have been a championship game?

Did Auburn move to the West Coast? If not, they did NOTHING wrong.

You're dumb.
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

• JSeahawks wrote:
    They won't give us a Bowl Ban, but if they do, they do. It will have been worth it because we're now a national program who can recruit nationally.

Not self imposing a bowl ban this year with a new coach is STUPID. Looking at Ohio State and UNC I expect it to happen. Better to take it this year and move on....

Now in regards to the link. Education is clearly not important at LSU and seriously how does Chip not "know" this rule???? I wondered about it the other year and went - I am sure you aren't allowed to call before the draft is over and 2secsnon google answered it for me.

The whole "I pulled myself out of draft" sounds really strange and I just wonder if Honey Badger shared with him.....
    2014 inagural .net Survivor pool CHAMPION
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

• mikeak wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:

Not self imposing a bowl ban this year with a new coach is STUPID. Looking at Ohio State and UNC I expect it to happen. Better to take it this year and move on....

Why in the world would they self impose a bowl ban when pretty much universally among the media (unless youre talking about UW insiders like Kim and ruth) they're saying that a bowl ban is not likely? What would be stupid is self imposing a bowl ban, when you werent going to get one in the first place, in a season where you have a very good chance to play for the national championship.

Either way, the decision is expected to be made before this season starts (FINALLY!). So there's no need for the Ducks to do it themselves.

The Ohio State and the UNC cases are nothing like Oregon's. In both of those cases players got extra benefits. There is absolutely nothing linking any Oregon players to getting extra benefits, all there is is that we paid a recruiting service for questionable information and made more phone calls then we were supposed to make.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• I should hate Chip Kelly. But I can't. Why is it that Kelly's subtle underhandedness makes me like him more instead of less? I guess I've always felt appreciation for clever bastards.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

• pehawk wrote:
    Scottemojo wrote:Well, when Auburn gets its record expunged for cheating, and Oregon gets it's record expunged for cheating, will there actually have been a championship game?

Did Auburn move to the West Coast? If not, they did NOTHING wrong.

You're dumb.

True, true. Pointing at the retarded kid is still socially taboo, though.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

• JSeahawks wrote:
    Hawkfan77 wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:

But dont think that he ever blatantly cheated at Oregon. Definatly worked in some lgrey areas and took advantage of some loop holes which have since been closed.

And in college recruiting if you aint cheating, you aint trying. No matter who your team is, i'd bet money that they're doing some pretty shady things too. If they're not, they should be.

After posting this, you don't get to say a word about Auburn ever again.

Ever. :141847_bnono:

(and for the record, the NCAA still hasn't found anything on Auburn since 1993)

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

• Look who published the story: Florio. That should tell you something. That guy likes to kick hornet nests to see what happens for fun.
    "Make good teams look bad and make bad teams look terrible!" -Michael Robinson
    BlueTalons
    NET Veteran

• JSeahawks wrote:
    mikeak wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:

Why in the world would they self impose a bowl ban when pretty much universally among the media (unless youre talking about UW insiders like Kim and ruth) they're saying that a bowl ban is not likely? What would be stupid is self imposing a bowl ban, when you werent going to get one in the first place, in a season where you have a very good chance to play for the national championship.

Either way, the decision is expected to be made before this season starts (FINALLY!). So there's no need for the Ducks to do it themselves.

The Ohio State and the UNC cases are nothing like Oregon's. In both of those cases players got extra benefits. There is absolutely nothing linking any Oregon players to getting extra benefits, all there is is that we paid a recruiting service for questionable information and made more phone calls then we were supposed to make.

Whoa there JS, ruth is NO insider. I think she's actually a duck or coug because she does so much harm to UW.
    SUPERBOWL!!
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran

• “Russell Shepard has not signed a contract with the Philadelphia Eagles. However, we did come to terms on a contract with he and his agent after the draft was completed. We anticipate he, like all of the rookie free agents we have agreed to terms with, will take a physical examination upon arriving in Philadelphia prior to next week's rookie minicamp and then sign a contract."

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-o ... -nfl-draft
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• Ruth, Kimmy and Softy are the faces of the UW.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:03 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information