TEN SEMI-BOLD STATEMENTS OF All THING SEAHAWKS

A

Anonymous

OkieHawk":1r9ffdtl said:
CANHawk":1r9ffdtl said:
I don't see us putting up a 1,000 yard reciever either; though I think we have multiple guys who are capable. Pete is too committed to pounding the rock and Russell doesn't seem the type to get uber fixated on one guy the way Cutler does with Marshall. I can see us putting up three 800 yeard recievers and an 1,100 yard back though. I think I like that idea better actually...

I like Hauschka. He's very consistent within his range... But 55 yards is about 10 yards beyond his range unfortunately. I doubt Pete even attempts a 55 yard FG with Haush in there.

Think Y.A.C helping the 1000 yard goal.

The end zone is only ten yards deep.

OP
OP
P

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
On Hauschka, you never know, the kid is steady enough, he just needs to add more power in his leg. At 6'4, 210 pounds he has the body time to become much stronger. At 27 years old, as a kicker he has yet to reach his prime.

I'm also sure Hauschka isn't oblivious to what is being said by him, by the fans, by the media, by the coaches, and if he takes it to heart, and improves himself, and competes with whomever the Seahawks throw his way, Wiggs and the guy from Portland State... I could see an improved Steven Hauschka able to kick within the 50-55 yard range.

But then again, he might not even make the team.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I think we'll have a balanced attack. Nothing other than the FG looks too iffy really. I was going to say that it's hard for Russ to get 3500 yards but no one goes over 800 but here goes:

Rice 800
Harvin 800
Tate 800
Miller 600
Baldwin 300
Lynch 250
Turbin 200

Just right there that's 3750 and I think it's doable. It's also doable while our offense grinds out 2k in rushing or more. If we keep our defense fresh, I think they're going to keep the offense on the field a lot this year.

SDHawk

Reaction score
OkieHawk":j98ok1fx said:
CANHawk":j98ok1fx said:
I don't see us putting up a 1,000 yard reciever either; though I think we have multiple guys who are capable. Pete is too committed to pounding the rock and Russell doesn't seem the type to get uber fixated on one guy the way Cutler does with Marshall. I can see us putting up three 800 yeard recievers and an 1,100 yard back though. I think I like that idea better actually...

I like Hauschka. He's very consistent within his range... But 55 yards is about 10 yards beyond his range unfortunately. I doubt Pete even attempts a 55 yard FG with Haush in there.

According to Footballoutsiders, Tate broke a tackle on nearly a third of all his touches, leading the league in this stat for all qualified players.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
SDHawk":3e2xun4j said:
OkieHawk":3e2xun4j said:
CANHawk":3e2xun4j said:

According to Footballoutsiders, Tate broke a tackle on nearly a third of all his touches, leading the league in this stat for all qualified players.

I was thinking him and Harvin actually. However, I think this offense will be fired up and the receivers will feed off each other like Mike Rob and Lynch. This will lead to a true 1000 yard receiver, in my humble, homerish opinion.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
These are great goals, and indicative of what it would likely require to win the Championship.

I'll make a prediction, along the lines of what some of you have already said, regarding distribution of touches:

The 2013 Seahawks will be the first to feature...

4 players with 500+ yards rushing ... and
5 players with 500+ yards receiving ... and
7 players with 5+ TD (rushing or receiving)

jlwaters1

Reaction score
My bold predictions are

9 of 11 draft picks will make the team- 2) Christian(RB), 3) Hill (WR), 4) Harper(WR), 5) WIlliams(DT), 5) Simon(CB), 5) Willson (TE), 6) Ware (FB), 7) Seymore (G), 7) Bowie (T). (I'd be shocked if it wasn't at least 7)

Both Turbin and Michael will rush for 500 yards. (Turbin had 354 in 2012)
For the team the Seahawks will break 3,000 yards rushing. ( Team ran for a combined 2579 yards in 2012)

Harper will catch more than 25 balls this year as the #5 WR. ( 4th leading WR in 2012 had just 8 catches)

We'll have 2 WR's with 10 or more Total TD's in 2013. (Sidney Rice and Golden Tate had 7 a piece)

Wilson throws for 4,000 (250 yard average) yards and 30 TD's.

Ryan Seymore will pull off the upset over Sweezy and Moffitt and start at RG.

CANHawk

Reaction score
jlwaters1":3mzpp0j6 said:
My bold predictions are

9 of 11 draft picks will make the team- 2) Christian(RB), 3) Hill (WR), 4) Harper(WR), 5) WIlliams(DT), 5) Simon(CB), 5) Willson (TE), 6) Ware (FB), 7) Seymore (G), 7) Bowie (T). (I'd be shocked if it wasn't at least 7)
They're miving Hill to WR!? Holy crap. And I thought BMW was fat for a WR.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
CANHawk":cn6k1g2n said:
jlwaters1":cn6k1g2n said:
My bold predictions are

They're miving Hill to WR!? Holy crap. And I thought BMW was fat for a WR.

whoops :shock: I'm excited for both DT's. Hopefully Howard can progress enough where either McDonald and/McDaniel are expendable. preferably both. :D

garrylt4

Reaction score
As long as you're right about number 10, I'll be very happy.