Updated post-draft ESPN power rankings

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Lol, guess I posted this seconds after HawkFan did; somebody merge them.

SFF, I hope we start the season at #1 and never lost the spot. With how tough the NFC West is this year, nobody will be able to criticize us if we win the division.

sutz

Reaction score
SeahawksFanForever":12l2ivs9 said:
It would be interesting to see how we live up to the hype. Pete Carroll's coaching skills will be tested now.
Well, he coached a highly ranked college team for many years and won a lot of games......

I think he can manage.

;)

SeahawksFanForever

Reaction score
sutz":3ktf38p2 said:
SeahawksFanForever":3ktf38p2 said:
It would be interesting to see how we live up to the hype. Pete Carroll's coaching skills will be tested now.
Well, he coached a highly ranked college team for many years and won a lot of games......

I think he can manage.

;)

Very true. I am really looking forward to this

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
I said it last power ranking and Ill say it now. We shouldnt be #1 on anyone's power ranking until we prove we can win consistently on the road. It should be imo:

1) 49ers
2) Pats
3) Hawks / Broncos (tie)

Hawknballs

Reaction score
why the patriots? On a neutral field would you take the patriots over the seahawks or broncos, honestly?

m0ng0

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":xktumrai said:
I said it last power ranking and Ill say it now. We shouldnt be #1 on anyone's power ranking until we prove we can win consistently on the road. It should be imo:

1) 49ers
2) Pats
3) Hawks / Broncos (tie)
agreed

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
We won 3 out of our last 4 road games, and barely lost the 4th. Won @Chi, @Buf, @Was, and lost @Atl. Is that long-term proof that we can win on the road? No, but it's pretty damned strong evidence that we've cracked that particular nugget.

Carlson and SFF, enjoy the love. Stop looking for a 5-year string of winning 75% of road games before we're eligible to be #1 on pundit power rankings.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
I think it is based on neutral site. How would you rank the Giants who can't win at home but tear it up on the road?

I agree with the ranking. Now we just need to prove it.

Rankings are based on expectations not on previous history.

vant

Reaction score
With questions about Ridley's recovery, the secondary, and the receiver core, I can't imagine anyone ranking the Pats in the top 3.

I feel that it is almost un-disputable that the top three belongs to the Broncs/Whiners/Hawks in no particular order.

And yes, I'm amazed to say that the Hawks are part of the top 3.

A

Anonymous

Hawks vs. Pats for number one... mmmm. We both have outdoor fields and a similar fan-base intensity level on game day, with the 12's edging-out in the noise category. They changed-out a few key offensive players that contributed in 2012, while we only lost a return man and gained arguably the best all-around WR (sorry Mega and Andre). It would be interesting to watch the same game we won last year played inside the dome in St. Louis... I say we'd still take that neutral-field contest. This year? We smoke them lobster-eaters.

I'll take this #1 ranking, and always look forward to Tuesdays to see what the writers are thinking. Always entertaining to read the one-liner explanations. You can take it or leave it, but I choose to use the power rankings as another piece of the entertainment value my team provides me. I get a rise out of watching us move up the ranks, but have to look at it differently now, don't I?

The word "hype" doesn't sit well with me in terms of a reaction to power rankings. Hype is an attempt to get somebody jacked up and the rankings really don't do that. Rankings (in this case) are based on past results, and those results laid across an established set of criteria, then compared. In other words, it's partly fact and partly an educated prediction, not an attempt to stoke up any fires.

Being in first place on paper is a very satisfying place to be. Now it will be a little more fun watching us stay there.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Broncos are a touch overrated IMO. Easiest schedule in the league last year, and everyone in their division was awful. Losing Dumervil is big. I still put them in the top four, but I'm not convinced they're better than the Falcons.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
We shouldnt be #1 on anyone's power ranking until we prove we can win consistently on the road.
Gonna have to agree. But based on last year which 99% of the players are on this team that was starting to change in large part because of Russell Wilson and his refusal to accept mediocrity.

themunn

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":23shlgfh said:

1) 49ers
2) Pats
3) Hawks / Broncos (tie)

I'm sorry but if you are going by "past ability" then the Ravens have to be top of anyone's power rankings

If a team that looked like it could put up 30 points on anybody last year added one of the top 5 playmakers at any position in the league and addressed it's biggest weakness by signing the two best players available at that position in free agency isn't the number 1 team going into the season, something's wrong