Panther fan with a player question

morgulon1

Reaction score
Maybe he'll work out on your team. I wish you good luck. I have a feeling we'll beat you a lot worse this season.

JKent82

Reaction score
For a big dude he got pushed back on a lot of one on ones. But as a camp body/reserve might as well see if he's got anything left.

Fudwamper

Reaction score
He is crap. Like the post above says, he pushed around on one on ones. He was walked backed 5-6 yards on double teams. He is not a run stopper. He is a big waste of space. I was so happy when he was let go.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
He is a decent run-stopper, but doesn't provide much in terms of pass rush. Good piece to a rotation.

Hawks46

Reaction score
This isn't even close to the same Seahawks team you played last year. I hope you're ready.

kearly

Reaction score
Cole was a mediocre run stuffer with zero pass rush, three seasons ago. I doubt he makes the Panthers roster after they added Lotulelei and Short.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
The most recent picture of Cole that I found. Heavy, but easy to go around.
traffic%20barrel%20200.jpg

aawolf

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":32gypjzm said:
PantherFan":32gypjzm said:
Haha don't even go there. We will never be Jaguars bad. BTW I hope ya'll don't still have NC State's old DT starting at guard anymore because our pass rush will be top 3 in the NFL this year. The kraken is coming! :mrgreen:

Ah, the mighty roar of the paper panther.

Panthers are my #2 team, since I live in the Charlotte area. The Panthers did have 39 sacks last year...They were underrated in that department and they just upgraded with two quality DT picks. The d-line will be good. The secondary sucks though and they did not address that need in the offseason other than picking journeymen FAs Drayton Florence and DJ Moore--not much of an upgrade after losing perinial starter, Chris Gamble.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
aawolf":wzl7vx6y said:
CurryStopstheRuns":wzl7vx6y said:
PantherFan":wzl7vx6y said:
Haha don't even go there. We will never be Jaguars bad. BTW I hope ya'll don't still have NC State's old DT starting at guard anymore because our pass rush will be top 3 in the NFL this year. The kraken is coming! :mrgreen:

Panthers are my #2 team, since I live in the Charlotte area. The Panthers did have 39 sacks last year...They were underrated in that department and they just upgraded with two quality DT picks. The d-line will be good. The secondary sucks though and they did not address that need in the offseason other than picking journeymen FAs Drayton Florence and DJ Moore--not much of an upgrade after losing perinial starter, Chris Gamble.

So, what you are saying is that they are paper panthers?

JesterHawk

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":30hxxul0 said:
CurryStopstheRuns":30hxxul0 said:

Would you sound any different on an opponents message board? Have a little class, he's here with good intentions asking about Colin Cole. No need to rile him up by insulting his team. There are 32 other fanbases that are just as excited about their teams as we are about ours.

(Well maybe not 32, but there are at least a few that have high hopes)

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
JesterHawk":28i8yqol said:
CurryStopstheRuns":28i8yqol said:
CurryStopstheRuns":28i8yqol said:

Would you sound any different on an opponents message board? Have a little class, he's here with good intentions asking about Colin Cole. No need to rile him up by insulting his team. There are 32 other fanbases that are just as excited about their teams as we are about ours.

(Well maybe not 32, but there are at least a few that have high hopes)

edited by radish for language attacking poster

McG

Reaction score
Cole, when he got paid aka when he came to Seattle his game fell off quite a bit. Undersized and not very strong, I doubt he makes the team. He seems like a guy that just wants the money and could careless about wins and losses.

aawolf

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":2743jahx said:

If by "paper panthers" you mean good enough on paper to be a playoff team? No. I think Atlanta or New O'leens will win the division and I think the wildcards will come out of the NFC West--(Rams, 9'ers, or Hawks). I think the Panthers are good enough to get 9 wins though, which is better than last year but won't be enough to get in the playoffs. They usually play Atlanta close and may challenge them for the division, but if NO returns to form, they're probably will be out of the race.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Did someone finally remove the Kryptonite from Cam's locker?

jlwaters1

Reaction score
PantherFan":36iya14k said:
Oh alright... Well atleast we just drafted Star and Kawann Short. I hope ya'll are ready in September because the Panthers are no joke this year.

I like those 2 picks for the Panters. That should really help their DL. I was hoping Seattle would get Kawaan Short.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
PantherFan":2qftg587 said:
Oh alright... Well atleast we just drafted Star and Kawann Short. I hope ya'll are ready in September because the Panthers are no joke this year.

The Panthers are my pick for 'surprise' team next year. However, I think our defense matches up well against the Panthers offense, and I think our offense is to going to be scary good. Should be a great opening weekend game, though.

NC State Seahawk

Reaction score
PantherFan":13tc8km1 said:
Haha don't even go there. We will never be Jaguars bad. BTW I hope ya'll don't still have NC State's old DT starting at guard anymore because our pass rush will be top 3 in the NFL this year. The kraken is coming!

Aw man....Sweezy is a cool story you don't see that often in the NFL. Let's leave the Wolfpack out of this, k? haha