NBA returning to Seattle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cad

Reaction score
SeatownJay":ob83j5hs said:
Throwdown":ob83j5hs said:
I find it odd that the Sac group has until Friday to get their act together. The hell happens if they don't?
Stern will continue to give them extensions.

Yup. If you haven't realized it already, this game is rigged.

Eff Stern. What a scumbag.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
SeatownJay":1znz5arb said:
Throwdown":1znz5arb said:
I find it odd that the Sac group has until Friday to get their act together. The hell happens if they don't?
Stern will continue to give them extensions.

Pretty much. Stern will give them as much time as they need.

pinksheets

Reaction score
This is just total spitballing here, as I think we're totally screwed, but hear me out anyways:

If they don't come up with the money, whose fault is that? At this point, the NBA has gone above and beyond to help Sacramento, even going so far as to having the committee recommend to keep the team there. If they don't put the money together, though, what's to stop the BoG from reversing course? At that point, the NBA has made it abundantly clear that they have done absolutely everything they can, and all of the blame would fall on the Sac investment group. The NBA hasn't officially denied anything yet. Let's just wait and see if that money goes through, keeping in mind, that no matter what, this bid and that arena plan are not feasible in Mad Max, California.

jkitsune

Reaction score
pinksheets":2dhm04kn said:
This is just total spitballing here, as I think we're totally screwed, but hear me out anyways:

If they don't come up with the money, whose fault is that? At this point, the NBA has gone above and beyond to help Sacramento, even going so far as to having the committee recommend to keep the team there. If they don't put the money together, though, what's to stop the BoG from reversing course? At that point, the NBA has made it abundantly clear that they have done absolutely everything they can, and all of the blame would fall on the Sac investment group. The NBA hasn't officially denied anything yet. Let's just wait and see if that money goes through, keeping in mind, that no matter what, this bid and that arena plan are not feasible in Mad Max, California.

Whatever you're having, I'll take some.

pinksheets

Reaction score
jkitsune":21tontew said:
pinksheets":21tontew said:

Whatever you're having, I'll take some.
Just saying....

The alternative, which is obviously by far the most likely at this point, is we see a city collapse under the weight of its own moronic whoring of itself to keep the NBA, an arena plan that will never come to fruition, and a mediocre ownership group overpaying for a team that only works in that market by putting out a nickel and dime roster. That city, that market, and that team are going to be a cautionary tale.

knownone

Reaction score
Sacremento has 2 billion dollars of debt, how can they afford a new arena?

pinksheets

Reaction score
I'm not giving up hope until Chris Hansen does.

He was pushing for this arena when the Kings looked like they had an arena deal in Sacramento last year. He knows he can get a team.

And from what's being put out on the Twittersphere, this fight isn't over. Let's not fall into the woe is me Seattle sports fan stereotype...regulators...mount up.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Uhhhhhhhhhh does anyone have any idea what it means when Hansens people are saying that this ain't over yet???

pinksheets

Reaction score
I think it means that Chris Hansen has what Sacramento never will:

More than $7 to his name.

Throwdown

Reaction score
lol I don't wanna hear that song, its gonna bring up some emotions n shit, and being a #humblethug follower i cannot shed tears.

pinksheets

Reaction score
Listen to it.

I'm sitting around, having some of this cheap sh*t whiskey I bought, and I'm kind of just done feeling defeated. Let's either win this thing, keep on fighting, or go down swinging. No other options.

Laloosh

Reaction score
pinksheets":3bwxd031 said:
I'm not giving up hope until Chris Hansen does.

He was pushing for this arena when the Kings looked like they had an arena deal in Sacramento last year. He knows he can get a team.

And from what's being put out on the Twittersphere, this fight isn't over. Let's not fall into the woe is me Seattle sports fan stereotype...regulators...mount up.

I really like this post, pink. Exactly how people should look at it until that fat chick is a-singin'...

Throwdown

Reaction score
pinksheets":3h1jmkj5 said:
Listen to it.

I'm sitting around, having some of this cheap sh*t whiskey I bought, and I'm kind of just done feeling defeated. Let's either win this thing, keep on fighting, or go down swinging. No other options.

yeahhh I got a job interview in the morning, no drinking for me.

I'm slowly getting back up to the normal Throwdown. We may not get the NBA today, but god damn we got Russell Friggin Wilson and he's gonna get us this Super Bowl we deserve!

Why is August so far away?

Honestly though, I love basketball too god damn much to give up this damn easy. I've been on this wagon for 5 years, the hell is 2-3 more years to me? Sure i'll be closer to 30 when I should be mature n shit, but that's probably never gonna happen :)

You are right, I didn't even think the Kings would come here, I really didn't you guys can go back into that thread about the whole arena process, I said it was going to be something none of us saw coming.

Trust In Chris Hansen, this man has a plan and he's gonna see it through.

hoxrox

Reaction score
I don't know why California needs 4 NBA teams. Kings fans are close enough to the Bay Area to become Warrior fans... :229031_banghead:

JOz56

Reaction score
I'm with Pink. Let us go down swinging at this point. Burn and scorch the earth? Possibly, but they've made it clear that we are probably not going to get a team anyways, so might as well force their hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.