At 123 Seattle selects: Chris harper, WR KS

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Snohomie":3kt71bbm said:
Seahawk Sailor":3kt71bbm said:
Snohomie":3kt71bbm said:
Worst thing I can say about Harper is that he demonstrates poor decision making. Decides he'd rather be a WR that catches passes in Bill Snyder's offense with Colin Klein as his QB, instead of in Chip Kelly's offense with Thomas/Mariotta as his QB??? Probably cost him 300+ yards this season alone.

I saw somewhere today that he transferred to Kansas to be a quarterback. It didn't work out so he switched. That would mean he wasn't considering switching before he'd already switched schools. Don't think it's that big a deal, myself. Hell, he's giving up yardage coming to the Seahawks, because we're going to be a pound-the-rock-first team, and he's well down the depth chart. Still, doubt that really matters to him. He's got a legitimate chance at being a solid, productive player here. I probably like this pick more than any of the others.

I swear, my sense of humor translates a lot better in person!

I found it amusing. Not laugh out loud, or even a chuckle, but I definitely had a bemused smile.

JoeShocker

Reaction score
Hey Seahawk fans:

Just want to give you some insight into Chris Harper. I am from Wichita and my daughter goes to K State. Had the pleasure of watching Chris play in high school and college and know his family well.

Chris, plain and simple, is a great human being from outstanding parents; one who will represent the city of Seattle and Seahawk nation in fine fashion. He will do anything asked of him on and off the field by team management and coaches and I predict you guys will fall in love with Chris Harper, the football player and the person, immediately.

Now onto the football side of the equation. Chris played QB all through high school (except a little bit when he was a freshman when he played WR and RB) and his first year of college at Oregon. Fact of the matter is, Chris transferred back simply because he was homesick and was intrigued by the idea of playing for Bill Snyder, the sequel. His childhood friends, Arthur and Bryce Brown, ended up joining him at Kansas State after stints at other schools and his other buddy, Joe Randle, went to Oklahoma State. All four Wichitans will be in the NFL next year. Chris had his shot at QB at K State but the writing was on the wall that for his future and the success of the team, WR was the best position for him.

His strengths are his IQ (high wonderlic score), his physicality (Boldin is a good comparison, Donald Driver is another), his amazing run blocking ability, and his improvement as a route runner. His hands are normally reliable and he will be a great 3rd and five type guy in the league. Had he played in a spread offense his numbers would have been just as ridiculous as the WV or Baylor guys. The one thing I couldn't figure out was why Snyder didn't use him more on WR screens or just throwing laterally to him down the line of scrimmage. There wasn't a corner in the league that could tackle him one on one and when K State did do it, it usually worked for nice yards.

Chris has good speed but is not a burner. He creates separation with his brains and his power. All in all, I am prejudice, but I think you got a steal and the Seahawks are now my favorite team. Already planning a trip to St Louis this fall.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
JoeShocker":3ooe0be6 said:
Hey Seahawk fans:

Just want to give you some insight into Chris Harper. I am from Wichita and my daughter goes to K State. Had the pleasure of watching Chris play in high school and college and know his family well.

Chris, plain and simple, is a great human being from outstanding parents; one who will represent the city of Seattle and Seahawk nation in fine fashion. He will do anything asked of him on and off the field by team management and coaches and I predict you guys will fall in love with Chris Harper, the football player and the person, immediately.

Now onto the football side of the equation. Chris played QB all through high school (except a little bit when he was a freshman when he played WR and RB) and his first year of college at Oregon. Fact of the matter is, Chris transferred back simply because he was homesick and was intrigued by the idea of playing for Bill Snyder, the sequel. His childhood friends, Arthur and Bryce Brown, ended up joining him at Kansas State after stints at other schools and his other buddy, Joe Randle, went to Oklahoma State. All four Wichitans will be in the NFL next year. Chris had his shot at QB at K State but the writing was on the wall that for his future and the success of the team, WR was the best position for him.

His strengths are his IQ (high wonderlic score), his physicality (Bolden is a good comparison, Donald Driver is another), his amazing run blocking ability, and his improvement as a route runner. His hands are normally reliable and he will be a great 3rd and five type guy in the league. Had he played in a spread offense his numbers would have been just as ridiculous as the WV or Baylor guys. The one thing I couldn't figure out was why Snyder didn't use him more on WR screens or just throwing laterally to him down the line of scrimmage. There wasn't a corner in the league that could tackle him one on one and when K State did do it, it usually worked for nice yards.

Chris has good speed but is not a burner. He creates separation with his brains and his power. All in all, I am prejudice, but I think you got a steal and the Seahawks are now my favorite team. Already planning a trip to St Louis this fall.

Awesome!

Basis4day

Reaction score
JoeShocker":1kmfxxdc said:
Hey Seahawk fans:

His strengths are his IQ (high wonderlic score), his physicality (Bolden is a good comparison, Donald Driver is another), his amazing run blocking ability, and his improvement as a route runner. His hands are normally reliable and he will be a great 3rd and five type guy in the league. Had he played in a spread offense his numbers would have been just as ridiculous as the WV or Baylor guys. The one thing I couldn't figure out was why Snyder didn't use him more on WR screens or just throwing laterally to him down the line of scrimmage. There wasn't a corner in the league that could tackle him one on one and when K State did do it, it usually worked for nice yards.

Sounds like my first impressions from his scouting reports. Someone closer to what we had in Mike Williams. Really wished it worked out with him.

Jville

Reaction score
Thanks for the info JoeShocker. I have great memories of my time with Cessna at the Wallace plant. Wichita is an outstanding community. Great people. :th2thumbs:

DavidSeven

Reaction score
JoeShocker":uicm05e7 said:
...he will be a great 3rd and five type guy in the league.

Thanks for the input! These were my immediate impressions as well. I have modest expectations for him, but it would be great if he became a reliable third-and-medium option for us. I think that was something that was sorely missing from our offense, particularly in the first half of the year. I would consider it amazing if he could produce those first downs like Joe Jurevicius did for us in 2005.