John Schneider on Tim Tebow interest...

HawkWow

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":33mxi3r7 said:
And the idiot Deadskins fans show up again...love this a$$ clown:

"Is Russell Wilson half the player RGIII is? Uh, no.

Are the Seattle Seahawks ever going to win a Superbowl? Uh, no.

Are the Washington Redskins the superior team in the NFL? Uh, yes."

I gently reminded him we've beaten the Skins three straight times in the playoffs, and that it was Wilson who tied Manning's TD pass record for a rookie and not RGIII, even though he was in an offense that ran the ball more than anyone else in the NFL.

Denial...

Denial...and nerves.

His offense was white bread, at best, but I have to say Griffin impressed me this past year. He's a better passer than I gave him credit for coming into the 12 draft. In fact, if I had a do-over, I'd say he's worth A 1st rd pick. As in ONE first rd pick, but I'd still be nervous every minute he's on the field. Wilson? in hindsight, I'd say he's the guy you give 3 1sts and your first born for. These Skin fans are going to try to convince themselves their (idiot) FO made a good deal in getting Griffin. It was actually a GREAT deal....for the Rams. Griff's a good kid, a true competitor and I wish him well (in his next occupation). I predicted he wouldn't see a full season this year...and I predict this is the last contract he will see in the NFL.

I wish the Rams would have taken him (and Skin fans will too).

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Last I checked, half of your "passes" being screens and shovels to the RB doesn't qualify as proving you can pass. I need to see more RG3 before judging him to be the next "Peyton Brady" QB superhero.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Tebow completed 75% of his passes last year. Russell Wilson was way lower than that.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1zqc6u5h said:
Well hell, you just changed MY mind, Scotte!

Conversion, one man at a time, is the Tebow Way.

Now that the Hawks have 35 running backs, Wilson is superfluous. Tebow is the only answer.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1iv8xdi3 said:
Tebow completed 75% of his passes last year. Russell Wilson was way lower than that.

Very true (6/8?). ;)

Like many of our picks this draft, Tebow also has "off field issues". I say we bring him in. Anyone have any film on this guy?

Spokane

Reaction score
Basis4day":1do89mj7 said:
All that is available is that they inquired about the cost of Tebow in a trade, not that they offered those picks. You are making an incorrect inference that if a team checks the price of an item, that they automatically offer to pay a certain amount.

There is a huge difference between what I said..."The hawks were willing to trade picks for your boy Tebow" (and that is the truth, again P&J called knowing they would have to give up picks, and they still picked up the phone)

from what you wrote...
"that they automatically offer to pay a certain amount" (never going to happen, where did that even come from?)

They did not want Tebow. They wanted to know his value.
They were checking his value, but did not want the player? do you think we are 5 years old, do you have any clue how dumb that sounds? Calling for an item, asking the price, then saying "psych" I never wanted him. Why would you even offer that up?

You claim "They did not want Tebow, They wanted to know his value" Really? Everything online says they were looking into the player, nothing about the Seahawks looking at his value? Do you just make crap up? Give a source please of P or J saying "We are looking into Tim's value, not the player" LOL

Spokane

Reaction score
What rumor, and if they validated the rumor - Its no longer a rumor :)

Basis4day

Reaction score
Spokane":2bpr6i0j said:
Basis4day":2bpr6i0j said:
All that is available is that they inquired about the cost of Tebow in a trade, not that they offered those picks. You are making an incorrect inference that if a team checks the price of an item, that they automatically offer to pay a certain amount.

There is a huge difference between what I said..."The hawks were willing to trade picks for your boy Tebow" (and that is the truth, again P&J called knowing they would have to give up picks, and they still picked up the phone)

from what you wrote...
"that they automatically offer to pay a certain amount" (never going to happen, where did that even come from?)

They did not want Tebow. They wanted to know his value.
They were checking his value, but did not want the player? do you think we are 5 years old, do you have any clue how dumb that sounds? Calling for an item, asking the price, then saying "psych" I never wanted him. Why would you even offer that up?

You claim "They did not want Tebow, They wanted to know his value" Really? Everything online says they were looking into the player, nothing about the Seahawks looking at his value? Do you just make crap up? Give a source please of P or J saying "We are looking into Tim's value, not the player" LOL

Sigh. Take a deep breath. Again, show me online where it states that the FO offered Picks for Tebow. I don't know why you're getting so worked up. You keep saying it's online. Post the link where it says we offered picks for Tebow. You can't. We didn't. And no one said, "psych."

There is a difference between offering picks for a player, and asking what it would cost to acquire that player.

Our FO has consistently stated that they will weigh every option to improve the team. (AKA Measure Value). That is pretty much entirely what John Scheider's job is.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Spokane":2f452oer said:

Post the link stating they offered picks for Tebow.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I'm still rooting for the guy. Mostly because it will drive many of you nuts.

Spokane

Reaction score
Basis4day":29p5gwjn said:
Spokane":29p5gwjn said:

Post the link stating they offered picks for Tebow.

What else were they going to trade for him? cash? The fact JS picked up the phone and called the Jets to acquire Suckerfish Tebow showed that he was willing to trade SOMETHING for Tebow (JS knows trades are not free). The Seahawks wanted Tebow, JS called on tebow, however the the draft picks that JS had in mind (or cash) was lower then the Jets wanted. A simple deal that died.
But It is in Seahawks history that we did want him, but the numbers did not add up for the deal.

morgulon1

Reaction score
CANHawk":1xaegmfn said:
FlyingGreg":1xaegmfn said:
And the idiot Deadskins fans show up again...love this a$$ clown:

"Is Russell Wilson half the player RGIII is? Uh, no.

Are the Seattle Seahawks ever going to win a Superbowl? Uh, no.

Are the Washington Redskins the superior team in the NFL? Uh, yes."

I gently reminded him we've beaten the Skins three straight times in the playoffs, and that it was Wilson who tied Manning's TD pass record for a rookie and not RGIII.

Denial...

Yeah, I saw that too. You think we're in their head at all..? LOL. They'd better get used to losing to Seattle in the playoffs for the forseeable future.

IF they make the playoffs.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
They said this morning that there were teams who inquired about Tebow....those same teams contacted Tebow / his agent to see if he would be willing to play TE. Tebow said no, and so much for the trade interest. I suspect if our FO made any inquiries, it was under those conditions.

Latest posts