Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: At 123 Seattle selects: Chris harper, WR KS
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:16 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:01 pm
Posts: 2359
rainger wrote:
Hasselbeck wrote:
rainger wrote:
[quote="Shock2k"]Stupid ESPN was on a commercial break during our pick.

Every year they always are. The Seattle pick doesnt matter to the talking heads and when we pick they are always talking about someone else.


It's Round 4... they're done showing picks live.

Calm down.

You Calm down. I did not want them to show it live but at least TALK about the pick a bit. All they want to talk about is what the Jets/Giants etc are doing. I am allowed an opinion about the stupid media. You dont need to be my mother advising me.[/quote]

That must be because Mom already has you pissed off by telling you to get off the computer and do your homework. Don't bring ur baggage into cyberspace. Now run along, and remember to always eat yer veggies.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: At 123 Seattle selects: Chris harper, WR KS
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:09 am 
* NET Draft Guru *
Offline

Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:06 pm
Posts: 3589
Location: Bellingham, WA
Seahawk Sailor wrote:
Snohomie wrote:
Worst thing I can say about Harper is that he demonstrates poor decision making. Decides he'd rather be a WR that catches passes in Bill Snyder's offense with Colin Klein as his QB, instead of in Chip Kelly's offense with Thomas/Mariotta as his QB??? Probably cost him 300+ yards this season alone.


I saw somewhere today that he transferred to Kansas to be a quarterback. It didn't work out so he switched. That would mean he wasn't considering switching before he'd already switched schools. Don't think it's that big a deal, myself. Hell, he's giving up yardage coming to the Seahawks, because we're going to be a pound-the-rock-first team, and he's well down the depth chart. Still, doubt that really matters to him. He's got a legitimate chance at being a solid, productive player here. I probably like this pick more than any of the others.


I swear, my sense of humor translates a lot better in person!

_________________
Sarlacc, on comparing .NET to Soccer: And why not? It's a bunch of people running around in circles, feigning pain, and never scoring.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: At 123 Seattle selects: Chris harper, WR KS
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:41 am 
NET Starter
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:04 am
Posts: 424
This is my favorite Seahawks pick of the draft.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: At 123 Seattle selects: Chris harper, WR KS
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:24 pm 
* NET Nobody *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:29 pm
Posts: 7601
JSeahawks wrote:
Sports Hernia wrote:
JSeahawks wrote:
Ex Duck QB. TOUGH TOUGH wr. Actually reminds me quite a bit of Brian Blades. Realy good run blocking WR as well. If you don't love the pick now I pretty much guarantee you'll love the player in a couple years.

I like it!


Looks like a very solid pick. Why did he transfer from Oregone????? Was he tired of the ugly uniform combos? :sarcasm_off:


Lost the QB job.


Sounds a bit immature. Looks like he fumbles quite a bit.

Edit: I can see his decision now after reading why he might have made it. If he were promised one thing in order to leave his home state but then they didn't deliver...

He needs to learn how to hold on to the ball though. That one handed isht won't cut it.

_________________
RELEASE THE KRAKEN! (FREE BROWNER!)


Last edited by ivotuk on Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: At 123 Seattle selects: Chris harper, WR KS
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:26 pm 
* NET Nobody *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:29 pm
Posts: 7601
JSeahawks wrote:
How many texts do you think he's gotten from Russell so far?


JaMarcus? one or two maybe?

_________________
RELEASE THE KRAKEN! (FREE BROWNER!)


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: At 123 Seattle selects: Chris harper, WR KS
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:41 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:11 pm
Posts: 1971
I have no opinion on this pick. I like his potential and I am glad that we drafted him but oh man, his QB sucks! I am just going to wait until he plays with Russell Wilson and see how he does. His college QB made it very difficult for me to judge him as a player. Like this pick though

_________________
Richard Sherman to Skip Bayless: "I'm tired of your ignorant pollution!"

Follow me on twitter: @seahawks_fan12


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: At 123 Seattle selects: Chris harper, WR KS
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:59 am 
* NET Sage *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:04 pm
Posts: 820
Location: Bremerton
LawlessHawk wrote:
I'm reading all these Boldin comparisons and thinking "right" how do all these draft scouts come up with the same player comparison... then I watch the vids in this thread... Yep, Anquan Boldin.


I can also see where the "faster Boldin" comps come from, given his physicality - but IMO he doesn't have quite the hands yet (Boldin was a beast in that regard) The one comp that I saw that makes a ton of sense to me (because they have similar speed & it's another WR Schnieder drafter) ... James Jones.

_________________
I'm sick of chasing after my dreams. I'm just going to find out where they're headed, and catch up with them later.
- Mitch Hedberg


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: At 123 Seattle selects: Chris harper, WR KS
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:58 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:07 pm
Posts: 1288
vedthree wrote:
LawlessHawk wrote:
I'm reading all these Boldin comparisons and thinking "right" how do all these draft scouts come up with the same player comparison... then I watch the vids in this thread... Yep, Anquan Boldin.


I can also see where the "faster Boldin" comps come from, given his physicality - but IMO he doesn't have quite the hands yet (Boldin was a beast in that regard) The one comp that I saw that makes a ton of sense to me (because they have similar speed & it's another WR Schnieder drafter) ... James Jones.


Chris Harper is bigger, faster, stronger, and more athletic than Anquan Boldin in comparison to their best Combine and Pro Day measures and workout numbers.

Chris Harper:
6'1, 229
40 Yrd Dash: 4.45
20 Yrd Dash: 2.63
10 Yrd Dash: 1.57
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 20
Vertical Jump: 35 1/2
Broad Jump: 09'08"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.26
3-Cone Drill: 6.89

Anquan Boldin:
6'1, 216
40 Yrd Dash: 4.72
20 Yrd Dash: 2.77
10 Yrd Dash: 1.61
225 Lb. Bench Reps: N/A
Vertical Jump: 33 1/2
Broad Jump: 09'06"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.33
3-Cone Drill: 7.35

Not by much in some categories but you also have to remember that Harper had 13 pounds on Boldin. Harper is still coming into his own as a WR, the kid is only going to get better and improve every year like he has in college.

_________________
#3 taught Doubters, GREATNESS can be a product of HARD WORK.
#25 taught America, that we're ALL just CLASSLESS jerks.
#24 taught the Media, to REAP what you SOW.
#12 taught the NFL, TO BE LOUDER.

YOU WANTED THIS NOISE, AMERICA.
DON'T PLAY WITH DYNAMITE, IF YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE BOOM.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: At 123 Seattle selects: Chris harper, WR KS
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:29 pm 
* NET Moderator *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
Posts: 18457
Location: Milwaukie, Oregon
ivotuk wrote:
JSeahawks wrote:
Sports Hernia wrote:
Looks like a very solid pick. Why did he transfer from Oregone????? Was he tired of the ugly uniform combos? :sarcasm_off:


Lost the QB job.


Sounds a bit immature.


Almost all big QB recruits who lose the battle transfer. Its just the nature of the beast. Only one can play, so if you lose the job you go somewhere else where maybe you can play.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: At 123 Seattle selects: Chris harper, WR KS
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:01 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:22 pm
Posts: 871
Pandion Haliaetus wrote:
vedthree wrote:
LawlessHawk wrote:
I'm reading all these Boldin comparisons and thinking "right" how do all these draft scouts come up with the same player comparison... then I watch the vids in this thread... Yep, Anquan Boldin.


I can also see where the "faster Boldin" comps come from, given his physicality - but IMO he doesn't have quite the hands yet (Boldin was a beast in that regard) The one comp that I saw that makes a ton of sense to me (because they have similar speed & it's another WR Schnieder drafter) ... James Jones.


Chris Harper is bigger, faster, stronger, and more athletic than Anquan Boldin in comparison to their best Combine and Pro Day measures and workout numbers.

Chris Harper:
6'1, 229
40 Yrd Dash: 4.45
20 Yrd Dash: 2.63
10 Yrd Dash: 1.57
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 20
Vertical Jump: 35 1/2
Broad Jump: 09'08"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.26
3-Cone Drill: 6.89

Anquan Boldin:
6'1, 216
40 Yrd Dash: 4.72
20 Yrd Dash: 2.77
10 Yrd Dash: 1.61
225 Lb. Bench Reps: N/A
Vertical Jump: 33 1/2
Broad Jump: 09'06"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.33
3-Cone Drill: 7.35

Not by much in some categories but you also have to remember that Harper had 13 pounds on Boldin. Harper is still coming into his own as a WR, the kid is only going to get better and improve every year like he has in college.


Which is wierd because when i watch Harper's Highlights he looks slow to me and lack explosiveness, and i always thought the opposite of a young Boldin. This pick doesn't really excite me but in Pete and John i trust.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: At 123 Seattle selects: Chris harper, WR KS
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:05 pm 
*Scott of Smacksville*
*Scott of Smacksville*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:14 am
Posts: 10044
Snohomie wrote:
Seahawk Sailor wrote:
Snohomie wrote:
Worst thing I can say about Harper is that he demonstrates poor decision making. Decides he'd rather be a WR that catches passes in Bill Snyder's offense with Colin Klein as his QB, instead of in Chip Kelly's offense with Thomas/Mariotta as his QB??? Probably cost him 300+ yards this season alone.


I saw somewhere today that he transferred to Kansas to be a quarterback. It didn't work out so he switched. That would mean he wasn't considering switching before he'd already switched schools. Don't think it's that big a deal, myself. Hell, he's giving up yardage coming to the Seahawks, because we're going to be a pound-the-rock-first team, and he's well down the depth chart. Still, doubt that really matters to him. He's got a legitimate chance at being a solid, productive player here. I probably like this pick more than any of the others.


I swear, my sense of humor translates a lot better in person!


I found it amusing. Not laugh out loud, or even a chuckle, but I definitely had a bemused smile.

_________________
SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: At 123 Seattle selects: Chris harper, WR KS
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:31 pm 
NET Bench Warmer
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:39 pm
Posts: 1
Hey Seahawk fans:

Just want to give you some insight into Chris Harper. I am from Wichita and my daughter goes to K State. Had the pleasure of watching Chris play in high school and college and know his family well.

Chris, plain and simple, is a great human being from outstanding parents; one who will represent the city of Seattle and Seahawk nation in fine fashion. He will do anything asked of him on and off the field by team management and coaches and I predict you guys will fall in love with Chris Harper, the football player and the person, immediately.

Now onto the football side of the equation. Chris played QB all through high school (except a little bit when he was a freshman when he played WR and RB) and his first year of college at Oregon. Fact of the matter is, Chris transferred back simply because he was homesick and was intrigued by the idea of playing for Bill Snyder, the sequel. His childhood friends, Arthur and Bryce Brown, ended up joining him at Kansas State after stints at other schools and his other buddy, Joe Randle, went to Oklahoma State. All four Wichitans will be in the NFL next year. Chris had his shot at QB at K State but the writing was on the wall that for his future and the success of the team, WR was the best position for him.

His strengths are his IQ (high wonderlic score), his physicality (Boldin is a good comparison, Donald Driver is another), his amazing run blocking ability, and his improvement as a route runner. His hands are normally reliable and he will be a great 3rd and five type guy in the league. Had he played in a spread offense his numbers would have been just as ridiculous as the WV or Baylor guys. The one thing I couldn't figure out was why Snyder didn't use him more on WR screens or just throwing laterally to him down the line of scrimmage. There wasn't a corner in the league that could tackle him one on one and when K State did do it, it usually worked for nice yards.

Chris has good speed but is not a burner. He creates separation with his brains and his power. All in all, I am prejudice, but I think you got a steal and the Seahawks are now my favorite team. Already planning a trip to St Louis this fall.


Last edited by JoeShocker on Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: At 123 Seattle selects: Chris harper, WR KS
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:36 pm 
* NET Moderator *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
Posts: 18457
Location: Milwaukie, Oregon
Welcome to .net Joe. And thanks for the info. I too am excited for Harper.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: At 123 Seattle selects: Chris harper, WR KS
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:42 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:14 am
Posts: 2232
JoeShocker wrote:
Hey Seahawk fans:

Just want to give you some insight into Chris Harper. I am from Wichita and my daughter goes to K State. Had the pleasure of watching Chris play in high school and college and know his family well.

Chris, plain and simple, is a great human being from outstanding parents; one who will represent the city of Seattle and Seahawk nation in fine fashion. He will do anything asked of him on and off the field by team management and coaches and I predict you guys will fall in love with Chris Harper, the football player and the person, immediately.

Now onto the football side of the equation. Chris played QB all through high school (except a little bit when he was a freshman when he played WR and RB) and his first year of college at Oregon. Fact of the matter is, Chris transferred back simply because he was homesick and was intrigued by the idea of playing for Bill Snyder, the sequel. His childhood friends, Arthur and Bryce Brown, ended up joining him at Kansas State after stints at other schools and his other buddy, Joe Randle, went to Oklahoma State. All four Wichitans will be in the NFL next year. Chris had his shot at QB at K State but the writing was on the wall that for his future and the success of the team, WR was the best position for him.

His strengths are his IQ (high wonderlic score), his physicality (Bolden is a good comparison, Donald Driver is another), his amazing run blocking ability, and his improvement as a route runner. His hands are normally reliable and he will be a great 3rd and five type guy in the league. Had he played in a spread offense his numbers would have been just as ridiculous as the WV or Baylor guys. The one thing I couldn't figure out was why Snyder didn't use him more on WR screens or just throwing laterally to him down the line of scrimmage. There wasn't a corner in the league that could tackle him one on one and when K State did do it, it usually worked for nice yards.

Chris has good speed but is not a burner. He creates separation with his brains and his power. All in all, I am prejudice, but I think you got a steal and the Seahawks are now my favorite team. Already planning a trip to St Louis this fall.


Awesome!

_________________
The artist formerly known as T-Sizzle


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: At 123 Seattle selects: Chris harper, WR KS
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:45 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:57 am
Posts: 2742
JoeShocker wrote:
Hey Seahawk fans:

Just want to give you some insight into Chris Harper. I am from Wichita and my daughter goes to K State. Had the pleasure of watching Chris play in high school and college and know his family well.

Chris, plain and simple, is a great human being from outstanding parents; one who will represent the city of Seattle and Seahawk nation in fine fashion. He will do anything asked of him on and off the field by team management and coaches and I predict you guys will fall in love with Chris Harper, the football player and the person, immediately.

Now onto the football side of the equation. Chris played QB all through high school (except a little bit when he was a freshman when he played WR and RB) and his first year of college at Oregon. Fact of the matter is, Chris transferred back simply because he was homesick and was intrigued by the idea of playing for Bill Snyder, the sequel. His childhood friends, Arthur and Bryce Brown, ended up joining him at Kansas State after stints at other schools and his other buddy, Joe Randle, went to Oklahoma State. All four Wichitans will be in the NFL next year. Chris had his shot at QB at K State but the writing was on the wall that for his future and the success of the team, WR was the best position for him.

His strengths are his IQ (high wonderlic score), his physicality (Bolden is a good comparison, Donald Driver is another), his amazing run blocking ability, and his improvement as a route runner. His hands are normally reliable and he will be a great 3rd and five type guy in the league. Had he played in a spread offense his numbers would have been just as ridiculous as the WV or Baylor guys. The one thing I couldn't figure out was why Snyder didn't use him more on WR screens or just throwing laterally to him down the line of scrimmage. There wasn't a corner in the league that could tackle him one on one and when K State did do it, it usually worked for nice yards.

Chris has good speed but is not a burner. He creates separation with his brains and his power. All in all, I am prejudice, but I think you got a steal and the Seahawks are now my favorite team. Already planning a trip to St Louis this fall.


Sounds like my first impressions from his scouting reports. Someone closer to what we had in Mike Williams. Really wished it worked out with him.

_________________
Give me some damn skittles...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: At 123 Seattle selects: Chris harper, WR KS
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:50 pm 
* NET Alumni *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:49 pm
Posts: 2977
Thanks for the info JoeShocker. I have great memories of my time with Cessna at the Wallace plant. Wichita is an outstanding community. Great people. :th2thumbs:


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: At 123 Seattle selects: Chris harper, WR KS
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:04 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:15 am
Posts: 3092
JoeShocker wrote:
...he will be a great 3rd and five type guy in the league.

...

Chris has good speed but is not a burner. He creates separation with his brains and his power. All in all, I am prejudice, but I think you got a steal and the Seahawks are now my favorite team. Already planning a trip to St Louis this fall.


Thanks for the input! These were my immediate impressions as well. I have modest expectations for him, but it would be great if he became a reliable third-and-medium option for us. I think that was something that was sorely missing from our offense, particularly in the first half of the year. I would consider it amazing if he could produce those first downs like Joe Jurevicius did for us in 2005.


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]



 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Seahawks.NET is an independent fan site and not associated with the Seattle Seahawks or the NFL (National Football League).
All content within this Seahawks fan page is provided by, and for, Seattle Seahawks fans. Copyright © Seahawks.NET.