Kearly's getting big time on us.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Meh... i wouldn't get too excited, it's only Jim Moore. He gets most of his "leads" from Archie comics.

JK. Awesome work Kip.

cdallan

Reaction score
Rob's post-draft wrap up is also linked in Sando's column today.

I've consistently been astonished by the effort and insight of guys like Kip, Rob and the likes of Derek Stephen. In the age of the Internet, I am surprised that the main media outlets still give a platform for the likes of Kiper when they clearly half-arse it. If I was ESPN I would have a draft expert fan from each team on a link after every pick to give more detailed insight and mix it with the draft "expert" in the studio.

JesterHawk

Reaction score
Kiper isn't an 'expert' he's a blowhard who is paid to fill airtime, not teach anybody anything. I think a better use of the time would be to can the whole draft crew and have somebody who knows dick about football host it and just send it off to a variety of studios where people actually know something about the kid who just got drafted, or the team, or both. Then maybe have one ex-coach who can put the two things together.

So first you fire off to some guy who follows the college where the kid is drafted from, they talk about him. You hit up the 'team expert' who knows the team who drafted him, then you go back to the studio with the football-stupid host and his ex-coach cohort who can tie together the "what this kid is" and "what this team needs" a heck of a lot better.

This beats the heck out of a blowhard with huge hair that thinks he knows everything about all 32 teams and several hundred propsects and a couple of other guys who make up their mock drafts and Chucky who loves everyone on draft day.

sam1313

Reaction score
Some of you guys should be in charge of ESPN's programming....

Kip - that kicks butt! (And, FWIW, I also don't see you tooting your own horn too much. Saying, "Neat" after a glowing compliment like the one the OP mentioned ios hardly bragging. And, to the extent I see you doing anything of the short, you are actually comparing your prior predictions to the facts (ala your past draft grades) and that is the one thing the real blow hards like Kiper don't do. Thus, don't be afraid to toot your own horn a bit bro, you've really helped make this site something special in my book.)

Happypuppy

Reaction score
That is a bullseye. We all knew he knows his stuff , so I am not surprised.

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
I hope he doesn't start charging us to read his posts.

Actually, as usual...spot on.

gargantual

Reaction score
I really don't want to jinx things, but it'll be tough to lose him to one of the big sports media outlets, but that's where I see it going. Too much talent for draft analysis and uncanny knack at predicting what this front office is going to do (oh, and that whole great writing thing).

It sure was great last year being alerted to Wilson so we could watch...and enjoy...his meteoric rise before he was ever a Seahawk. The first time I've ever been able to do that, since I was paying attention to Kearly and BELIEVING even as all the naysayers dissed on his being drafted and continued throughout the season to call for Flynn to be the starter. How valuable is that for long suffering Seahawks fans? It would be like being able to watch Roger Staubach from the beginning as a Cowgirls fan in the 70s (my wife was born in El Paso, heh :)).

I know, you gotta wait 3 years, yadda yadda yadda.....I don't care. I believe in Russell Wilson, our first TRUE franchise quarterback. Sorry Jim and Matt, I'll always appreciate what you've done for our rain-soaked team, but that's the brutally honest truth as I see it.

And I thank Mister Earlywine for the heads up to get on this train from the very start.