John Schneider on Tim Tebow interest...

Spokane

Reaction score
cool. But not 3 weeks ago. And the HAWKS WANTED HIM! So again, lets not act like the Hawks were not on his balls.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Spokane":2enuroey said:
THIS IS GOING TO SUCK FOR MOST OF YOU, BUT.........THE SEAHAWKS WANTED TEBOW AND CALLED ASKING FOR HIM (this Year!)

Seahawks | Unlikely to pursue Tim Tebow
Sat, 06 Apr 2013 10:12:23 -0700
The Seattle Seahawks did look into the possibility of trading for New York Jets QB Tim Tebow but likely will not pursue him at this point.
Source: The Seattle Times - Danny O'Neil

Check the few articles that will talk about it. The hawks called KNOWING that they would have to give up picks for Tebow and STILL CALLED.

"Ah NO", is an answer that came after picking up 15 QBs, but his answer just a few weeks ago was "It depends if they will take the picks we offer for Tebow"

PC noticed that Tebow threw for an amazing 75% last year and said "Ill drop some picks on that" And he tried, But the Jets wanted to much for Tebow. It seems if they wanted to get rid of him, they would have worked out a deal.

But YES THE SEAHAWKS WANTED TEBOW, LETS NOT ACT LIKE THEY DIDN'T. - THEY CALLED AND THEY OFFERED PICKS

What the hell are you going on about? If you're referencing this article: http://seattletimes.com/html/seahawks/2 ... wks06.html Nowhere does he reference trading picks for Tebow. He mentions the idiotic rumors by others that Seattle would do it because of our "read option offense".

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Tebow should convert to FB.

It's the only chance he's got to stay in the NFL, imo.

hawker84

Reaction score
What the hell are you going on about? If you're referencing this article: http://seattletimes.com/html/seahawks/2 ... wks06.html Nowhere does he reference trading picks for Tebow. He mentions the idiotic rumors by others that Seattle would do it because of our "read option offense".

Ya i'm trying to find in that article where it says we offered draft pics...said they expressed interest but he was not someone they were really considering... sounded like they had a group of guys they wanted to bring in and look at, and ultimately chose Quinn from that group.. they didn't even bring Tebow in for a look.. That alone should tell you they were really not considering him... that's what i got out of it anyways..

Spokane

Reaction score
lol. You pick one article and call it good. The facts are the facts, they called and offered picks. Trust me the media hates that guy and would not give him the respect of a team offering picks for him, unless they have to. They say the truth and then make backward lies.

The hawks called and offered picks for Tim (the hawks are not going to call on a trade and ask for him for free...DUH, of course they offered picks)

Spokane

Reaction score
When was the last time a team called on a trade and said can I have him for free?

Don't be a tool or a blind goat, they offered picks, and the Jets wanted more

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
The Tebow FB talk is funny. Who says he can play FB...? No NFL team is going to take that chance.

The reality is, he's not an NFL player. There are tons of examples of guys who were studs in college and didn't pan out in the NFL.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Spokane":2hdg4nkv said:
When was the last time a team called on a trade and said can I have him for free?

Don't be a tool or a blind goat, they offered picks, and the Jets wanted more

OK, i'll bite.

Now assuming someone did trade for him, he is owed $2,586,875 salary and $1,531,875 of that guaranteed. His contract made him a free agent in 2015. If someone claims him off waivers, that is how much that team will owe him.

If not one claims him, the Jets owe him his guaranteed money and any team who wants to can sign him to a new contract.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Spokane":32nev1cu said:
lol. You pick one article and call it good. The facts are the facts, they called and offered picks. Trust me the media hates that guy and would not give him the respect of a team offering picks for him, unless they have to. They say the truth and then make backward lies.

The hawks called and offered picks for Tim (the hawks are not going to call on a trade and ask for him for free...DUH, of course they offered picks)

Could you post a source where it says we offered picks? Checking a price and making an offer are two very different things.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Hawknballs":6og4ss3h said:
volsunghawk":6og4ss3h said:
Hawknballs":6og4ss3h said:
I'm a little surprised he was so dismissive about it,

I'm not. Tebow has apparently been adamant that he's not switching positions, electing to stay at the one position he's proven that he's not capable of playing. Why court media frenzy stupidity for a guy who has abysmal accuracy?

Tebow already said he would be fine switching positions if that was how he stayed in the NFL.

I seem to recall recent reports that said the Jets gave Tebow's agent permission to seek a deal, and none materialized because teams were only interested in Tebow if he would switch from QB to a different position. :|

12th_Bob

Reaction score
I wish the Tebow talk would just go away, he isn't playing here or even in the NFL currently and even after the NFL draft, there is more Tebow talk all over NFL.com and the like. Ugh, worse than the "Honey Badger" media frenzy of the last couple of months.

Throwdown

Reaction score
12th_Bob":18br7l77 said:
I wish the Tebow talk would just go away, he isn't playing here or even in the NFL currently and even after the NFL draft, there is more Tebow talk all over NFL.com and the like. Ugh, worse than the "Honey Badger" media frenzy of the last couple of months.

Biiiiiig difference, Mathieu actually has the skills his position requires.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
the only rumors were that we inquired about Tebow a month or so ago.