John Schneider interview about his post draft thoughts

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13

• Good interview. And Schneider saying "Uh, no," regarding Tebow is evidently from that interview.
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Les Norton - gone but never forgotten. Rest in blue and green peace, my friend.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

• Couple notes of interest:

LINEBACKERS:

Said they considered taking some linebackers in the later rounds (5th-7th), but strategically decided not to because they could sell UDFAs on the fact that they didn't take any linebackers and that they would have an opportunity to compete for a spot. They opted to pick up o-linemen instead because they're actually deeper in that position, which makes it a harder sell to UDFA linemen.

RUNNING BACKS:

Said Michael and Ware were the two tougest, most aggressive runners in the entire draft. "The top two."
    DavidSeven
    NET Veteran

• JS talking about how the draft went:

hidn
    NET Starter

• DavidSeven wrote:Said Michael and Ware were the two tougest, most aggressive runners in the entire draft. "The top two."

He's right. And Ware is #1.

The more I study Ware, the more I think Seattle got the highest upside RB in the draft (Michael) and also the most under-rated (Ware).
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

• Kearly, in your opinion, was it Ware's vision or his oline that was responsible for his terrible rushing average?
    SDHawk
    NET Veteran

• SDHawk wrote:Kearly, in your opinion, was it Ware's vision or his oline that was responsible for his terrible rushing average?

I didn't watch enough LSU games to know this for sure, but I think I've read that he was used in a lot of short yardage situations. This probably skews his YPC average down quite a bit.
    DavidSeven
    NET Veteran

• DavidSeven wrote:
    SDHawk wrote:Kearly, in your opinion, was it Ware's vision or his oline that was responsible for his terrible rushing average?

I didn't watch enough LSU games to know this for sure, but I think I've read that he was used in a lot of short yardage situations. This probably skews his YPC average down quite a bit.

Thanks David, that actually makes lots of sense. He was the power back in their RBBC.
    SDHawk
    NET Veteran

• His average probably got screwed by the fact that the guy actually looks for contact. Hell, he thrives on it.

It's uncanny; I look at Ware and see Marion Barber with a spin move.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

• THE JUGGERNAUT!!!
    Spencer ran like a man on a mission. He was one of my favorite players to watch the past few seasons.
    He started getting lost and used less when LSU had some more RB's start tearing it up, Michael Ford, Alfred Blue, Kenny Hilliard, Jeremy Hill, and most considered good enough to be starting for A LOT of teams .
    But he was by far my favorite and most exciting one to watch. I will miss his Gold tipped tiger dreads.
    He was also pretty good on the Baseball team too.
    Shadyhawk182
    NET Starter

It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:16 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information