John Schneider on Tim Tebow interest...

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13
John Schneider on Tim Tebow interest...
Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:27 am

• Yep. And most of us figured exactly as much.
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Les Norton - gone but never forgotten. Rest in blue and green peace, my friend.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

• Seattle wants to win the Super Bowl, not the love of the media.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

• I love how all the comments go on and on about how we run the read option, like it's the oly thing we're capable of. It's not the only thing we do. We ran a fake punt once too, doesn't mean we're going to do it every time we line up to punt.

God, people are stupid...
    Radish, check your PMs. Man upstairs has an invite for a tail gate up in heaven with your name on it.
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

• Wait, are you saying Tim Tebow is good at fake punts? We did that once and it worked, if he could help us run fake punts, we ought to bring him in for a look, you know to COMpete!
    President of the Perfect Parents Society - est. 2013
    JesterHawk
    * Smackmeister *

• Lol some of the comments on that article are hysterical.
    Decimation
    NET Veteran

• The problem with Tebow is that he struggles to hit the broad side of a barn consistently. The offense relies on pinpoint accuracy, and Wilson does that on the run with regularity.

Tebow can't do that out of the read-option or PA (or the PA read-option, for that matter).
    "If given the opportunity without fear of incarceration, I would honestly beat the living **** out of Jerry Rice."

--Internet tough guy HawkWow being a MAN on the internet
    Smelly McUgly
    NET Veteran

Location: God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwest

• JesterHawk wrote:Wait, are you saying Tim Tebow is good at fake punts? We did that once and it worked, if he could help us run fake punts, we ought to bring him in for a look, you know to COMpete!

ComPUNT!
    Radish, check your PMs. Man upstairs has an invite for a tail gate up in heaven with your name on it.
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

• And the idiot Deadskins fans show up again...love this a$$ clown:

"Is Russell Wilson half the player RGIII is? Uh, no.

Are the Seattle Seahawks ever going to win a Superbowl? Uh, no.

Are the Washington Redskins the superior team in the NFL? Uh, yes."

I gently reminded him we've beaten the Skins three straight times in the playoffs, and that it was Wilson who tied Manning's TD pass record for a rookie and not RGIII, even though he was in an offense that ran the ball more than anyone else in the NFL.

Denial...
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

• FlyingGreg wrote:And the idiot Deadskins fans show up again...love this a$$ clown:

I gently reminded him we've beaten the Skins three straight times in the playoffs, and that it was Wilson who tied Manning's TD pass record for a rookie and not RGIII.

Denial...

Yeah, I saw that too. You think we're in their head at all..? LOL. They'd better get used to losing to Seattle in the playoffs for the forseeable future.
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

• Ignore that redskins fan, he shows up to post first on basically every PFT article usually he's just trolling everyone with redskins talk.

I'm a little surprised he was so dismissive about it, I would think tebow would at least get a little look from a team that's obviously in search of a backup QB, a TE, and a Fullback who obviously would be all about 'competition'. I think the only reason the Seahawks wouldn't be more interested is that there just isn't room on the depth chart. There is a log-jam at FB/RB/TE/WR and we're only going to carry 2 QB's more than likely.
    Hawknballs
    NET Veteran

• Hawknballs wrote:Ignore that redskins fan, he shows up to post first on basically every PFT article usually he's just trolling everyone with redskins talk.

I'm a little surprised he was so dismissive about it, I would think tebow would at least get a little look from a team that's obviously in search of a backup QB, a TE, and a Fullback who obviously would be all about 'competition'. I think the only reason the Seahawks wouldn't be more interested is that there just isn't room on the depth chart. There is a log-jam at FB/RB/TE/WR and we're only going to carry 2 QB's more than likely.

It's too tempting to resist rubbing Redkins fans in the crap that is the their post-season record against us. We've made them our bitch, and I love it.

Tebow...not surprised in the least. He's NOT an NFL caliber QB. Not even close. We already have FOUR QB's on the roster with a camp invite to another. This fullback thing gets thrown around a lot as well...who says he could play fullback? Anyways, our competition at FB is now Spencer Ware.
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

• Hawknballs wrote:
    I'm a little surprised he was so dismissive about it,

I'm not. Tebow has apparently been adamant that he's not switching positions, electing to stay at the one position he's proven that he's not capable of playing. Why court media frenzy stupidity for a guy who has abysmal accuracy?

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

• volsunghawk wrote:
    Hawknballs wrote:

I'm not. Tebow has apparently been adamant that he's not switching positions, electing to stay at the one position he's proven that he's not capable of playing. Why court media frenzy stupidity for a guy who has abysmal accuracy?

Tebow already said he would be fine switching positions if that was how he stayed in the NFL.
    Hawknballs
    NET Veteran

• Hawknballs wrote:
    volsunghawk wrote:
    Hawknballs wrote:

Tebow already said he would be fine switching positions if that was how he stayed in the NFL.

Then why hasn't he done it already?

Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

• if john schneider says he's not interested

he's probably interested

I don't know how to take this
    themunn
    NET Veteran

• THE SEAHAWKS WANTED TEBOW AND CALLED ASKING FOR HIM (this Year!)

Seahawks | Unlikely to pursue Tim Tebow
    Sat, 06 Apr 2013 10:12:23 -0700
    The Seattle Seahawks did look into the possibility of trading for New York Jets QB Tim Tebow but likely will not pursue him at this point.
    Source: The Seattle Times - Danny O'Neil

Check the few articles that will talk about it. The hawks called KNOWING that they would have to give up picks for Tebow and STILL CALLED.

"Ah NO", is an answer that came after picking up 15 QBs, but his answer just a few weeks ago was "It depends if they will take the picks we offer for Tebow"

PC noticed that Tebow threw for an amazing 75% last year and said "Ill drop some picks on that" And he tried, But the Jets wanted to much for Tebow. It seems if they wanted to get rid of him, they would have worked out a deal.

But YES THE SEAHAWKS WANTED TEBOW, LETS NOT ACT LIKE THEY DIDN'T. - THEY CALLED AND THEY OFFERED PICKS
    Last edited by Spokane on Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Spokane
    NET Veteran

• CANHawk wrote:
    FlyingGreg wrote:And the idiot Deadskins fans show up again...love this a$$ clown:

I gently reminded him we've beaten the Skins three straight times in the playoffs, and that it was Wilson who tied Manning's TD pass record for a rookie and not RGIII.

Denial...

Yeah, I saw that too. You think we're in their head at all..? LOL. They'd better get used to losing to Seattle in the playoffs for the forseeable future.

Give me some damn skittles...
    Basis4day
    NET Veteran

• Awesome response. I love John Schneider.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• My question is what is the trade price on Tebow?

About 3-4 weeks ago when the hawks called the Jets offering picks for him, what was to low of an offfer?

Reading you cats talk, You would think a next year 7th from the hawks would be a fair offer. But the jets are wanting more value.

I would love to hear what they are wanting, it would show his true value to the team.
    Spokane
    NET Veteran

• Trade value? He was cut, Spokane. Put down the crack pipe.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• cool. But not 3 weeks ago. And the HAWKS WANTED HIM! So again, lets not act like the Hawks were not on his balls.
    Spokane
    NET Veteran

• Spokane wrote:THIS IS GOING TO SUCK FOR MOST OF YOU, BUT.........THE SEAHAWKS WANTED TEBOW AND CALLED ASKING FOR HIM (this Year!)

Seahawks | Unlikely to pursue Tim Tebow
    Sat, 06 Apr 2013 10:12:23 -0700
    The Seattle Seahawks did look into the possibility of trading for New York Jets QB Tim Tebow but likely will not pursue him at this point.
    Source: The Seattle Times - Danny O'Neil

Check the few articles that will talk about it. The hawks called KNOWING that they would have to give up picks for Tebow and STILL CALLED.

"Ah NO", is an answer that came after picking up 15 QBs, but his answer just a few weeks ago was "It depends if they will take the picks we offer for Tebow"

PC noticed that Tebow threw for an amazing 75% last year and said "Ill drop some picks on that" And he tried, But the Jets wanted to much for Tebow. It seems if they wanted to get rid of him, they would have worked out a deal.

But YES THE SEAHAWKS WANTED TEBOW, LETS NOT ACT LIKE THEY DIDN'T. - THEY CALLED AND THEY OFFERED PICKS

What the hell are you going on about? If you're referencing this article: http://seattletimes.com/html/seahawks/2 ... wks06.html Nowhere does he reference trading picks for Tebow. He mentions the idiotic rumors by others that Seattle would do it because of our "read option offense".
    Last edited by Sarlacc83 on Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

• Are you new to reading?
    Spokane
    NET Veteran

• Spokane wrote:Are you new to reading?

I'm not. You clearly are.

Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

• Tebow should convert to FB.

It's the only chance he's got to stay in the NFL, imo.
    EastCoastHawksFan posted... "Trading for Harvin is by far the worst move John S has ever made." (March 18, 2014)

your World Champion Seattle Seahawks.. how sweet is that!!
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran

• What the hell are you going on about? If you're referencing this article: http://seattletimes.com/html/seahawks/2 ... wks06.html Nowhere does he reference trading picks for Tebow. He mentions the idiotic rumors by others that Seattle would do it because of our "read option offense".

Ya i'm trying to find in that article where it says we offered draft pics...said they expressed interest but he was not someone they were really considering... sounded like they had a group of guys they wanted to bring in and look at, and ultimately chose Quinn from that group.. they didn't even bring Tebow in for a look.. That alone should tell you they were really not considering him... that's what i got out of it anyways..
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

• lol. You pick one article and call it good. The facts are the facts, they called and offered picks. Trust me the media hates that guy and would not give him the respect of a team offering picks for him, unless they have to. They say the truth and then make backward lies.

The hawks called and offered picks for Tim (the hawks are not going to call on a trade and ask for him for free...DUH, of course they offered picks)
    Spokane
    NET Veteran

• When was the last time a team called on a trade and said can I have him for free?

Don't be a tool or a blind goat, they offered picks, and the Jets wanted more
    Spokane
    NET Veteran

• :sarcasm_on:
    Last edited by Spokane on Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Spokane
    NET Veteran

• The Tebow FB talk is funny. Who says he can play FB...? No NFL team is going to take that chance.

The reality is, he's not an NFL player. There are tons of examples of guys who were studs in college and didn't pan out in the NFL.
    @SeahawkGreg

FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

• Spokane wrote:When was the last time a team called on a trade and said can I have him for free?

Don't be a tool or a blind goat, they offered picks, and the Jets wanted more

OK, i'll bite.

Now assuming someone did trade for him, he is owed $2,586,875 salary and $1,531,875 of that guaranteed. His contract made him a free agent in 2015. If someone claims him off waivers, that is how much that team will owe him.

If not one claims him, the Jets owe him his guaranteed money and any team who wants to can sign him to a new contract.
    Basis4day
    NET Veteran

• Spokane wrote:lol. You pick one article and call it good. The facts are the facts, they called and offered picks. Trust me the media hates that guy and would not give him the respect of a team offering picks for him, unless they have to. They say the truth and then make backward lies.

The hawks called and offered picks for Tim (the hawks are not going to call on a trade and ask for him for free...DUH, of course they offered picks)

Could you post a source where it says we offered picks? Checking a price and making an offer are two very different things.
    Basis4day
    NET Veteran

• Hawknballs wrote:
    volsunghawk wrote:
    Hawknballs wrote:

I seem to recall recent reports that said the Jets gave Tebow's agent permission to seek a deal, and none materialized because teams were only interested in Tebow if he would switch from QB to a different position. :|

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

• Spokane wrote:And the HAWKS WANTED HIM!

You are a shining example of how newspaper/news article headlines mislead people into thinking factually incorrect things.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• I wish the Tebow talk would just go away, he isn't playing here or even in the NFL currently and even after the NFL draft, there is more Tebow talk all over NFL.com and the like. Ugh, worse than the "Honey Badger" media frenzy of the last couple of months.
    NFL, all your Owlz are belong to us!
    12th_Bob
    NET Veteran

• 12th_Bob wrote:I wish the Tebow talk would just go away, he isn't playing here or even in the NFL currently and even after the NFL draft, there is more Tebow talk all over NFL.com and the like. Ugh, worse than the "Honey Badger" media frenzy of the last couple of months.

Biiiiiig difference, Mathieu actually has the skills his position requires.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Richard Sherman to Skip Bayless: "I'm tired of your ignorant pollution!"

Follow me on twitter: @seahawks_fan12
    SeahawksFanForever
    NET Veteran

• SeahawksFanForever wrote:Image

HA!!!
    Basis4day
    NET Veteran

• the only rumors were that we inquired about Tebow a month or so ago.
    Hawknballs
    NET Veteran

• Spokane, are you related to Tebow or something? This is the second thread I have seen you go all "One Man Tebow Army" with these asinine statements and arguments about Tebow. I'm tempted to say "give it up" but its pretty funny, so keep on fighting the good fight dude!
    Missing_Clink
    NET Veteran

• Tebow was never going to be a Seahawk and will never be a Seahawk.
    General Manager
    NET Veteran

• Missing_Clink wrote:Spokane, are you related to Tebow or something? This is the second thread I have seen you go all "One Man Tebow Army" with these asinine statements and arguments about Tebow. I'm tempted to say "give it up" but its pretty funny, so keep on fighting the good fight dude!

isn't he the one that once said the earth didn't rotate?
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• Spokane wrote:lol. You pick one article and call it good. The facts are the facts, they called and offered picks. Trust me the media hates that guy and would not give him the respect of a team offering picks for him, unless they have to. They say the truth and then make backward lies.

1.) The report says we "inquired" about Tebow, not that we "offered picks"
    2.) NEWS FLASH: John Schnieder "inquires" about players all the time -it's his job. That's what any good GM does: keep track of which players might be available and what the price will be. I'm sure Schnieder probably "inquired" about every other guy on the Jets' roster while he had Izdik on the phone.
    3.) Various reports say that the Jets were letting Tebow & his agent shop themselves the past couple weeks. Everyone knew he was going to be cut this offseason. They didn't cut him until after the draft. Connect the dots ... that means the Jets were looking to get anything for him, even if it was a conditional 7th rounder, and no team (including the 'Hawks) would give up even that insignificant a pick.
    I'm sick of chasing after my dreams. I'm just going to find out where they're headed, and catch up with them later.
    - Mitch Hedberg
    vedthree
    * NET Sage *

• Think it's safe to say we've all heard more than enough about this.

/thread.

Go Hawks.
    SouthSoundHawk
    NET Veteran

• My whole point was that PC/JS would not call the Jets unless they were willing to trade picks for your boy Tebow!!!

Can you get that? Does that register for you?

Hey ask yourself this....did you play football? Yeah well did PC give you call this year and say "Whats it going to take to get you in here"? Please. They only call on the players they want.

edited by radish for language attacking poster

**Sorry for attacking in this thread and others! I am working with a new shrink, it will get better.
    Last edited by Spokane on Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Spokane
    NET Veteran

• Throwdown wrote:
    Missing_Clink wrote:Spokane, are you related to Tebow or something? This is the second thread I have seen you go all "One Man Tebow Army" with these asinine statements and arguments about Tebow. I'm tempted to say "give it up" but its pretty funny, so keep on fighting the good fight dude!

Technically, according to Einstein, if you pick the Earth as your frame of reference, the Earth doesn't spin and all the universe is spinning around it. it's called Relativity. The universe is spinning, relative to the earth. His example was even that if you're in an elevator, the elevator doesn't go up, the whole universe goes down, relative to you.

So yes, technically, the earth isn't spinning, relative to the rest of the universe.
    Richard Sherman doesn't just wanna get in your head, he wants to build a vacation home there.

R. Sherman: "I don't want to be an island. I want to be a tourist attraction. You come, I take your money & you go."
    SalishHawkFan
    NET Veteran

• The earth is not spinning, but lets not get me kicked out of another fourm :)

Back to Tebew... (its funny when Tebow is the safe subject)
    Spokane
    NET Veteran

• If it werent for all the crazy Tebow fans and the insane media coverage I would rather have him then Portis, Johnson or Quinn. But when those things come with it i'll stick with our no talent backups rather then bringing in a no talent backup who brings a circus.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• Spokane wrote:The earth is not spinning, but lets not get me kicked out of another fourm :)

Back to Tebew... (its funny when Tebow is the safe subject)

If it is, you should try that.
    "Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

Next

It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:28 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information