Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » THE NET NATION LOUNGE » [ FANTASY ISLAND ]

Post subject: X box - Netflix help.
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:17 pm 
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

So I finally hooked up my X-Box to the internet today. I went to set up Netflix and it was telling me that I had to set up a X-Box Gold account in order to watch Netflix on it. Is this true or am I missing something? Thanks for any help on this, when it comes to game consoles I am stupid.

Post subject: Re: X box - Netflix help.
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:16 pm 
I'M JIMMY!

I would call MS on it. You shouldn't have to pay MS to use a product you are paying for.

Honestly, it is easier just get a cheap blue ray player and go through that, less noise too.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:18 pm 
* NET Baller *

'tis true I believe, its stupid.

You can always pay monthly for Live though, like i do, its $10 a month, I know I'm paying more in the long run. But I rarely ever have $50 on hand to go out once a year and buy a year long gold membership (throwdown is a broke muthafudger).

Post Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:25 pm 
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

If that's the case I'll buy a Roku and stick it down there.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:48 pm 
* The Doc *
* The Doc *

Yeah, this is some straight up robbery Microsoft/XBox is pulling. I bought a second XBox to serve as an extender, since I wanted to get rid of all Comcast h/w that I could. I called about converting my one Live Gold account to the Family account and was told they no longer had this. I was able to use Netflix/Amazon and another streaming service I have membership on for a couple of days with the new box but then I started getting the message about needing Gold to stream these services.

So why is it that I need to give these jokers $10/month for something I can get for free (well at least on the streaming client) with a PC and mobile devices? This is bull. So now I just use my single Live Gold and login using that profile using the box of choice that I want to stream with. I have a couple of Rokus but only my Windows Media Center (that I paid an extra $10 bucks to put on my Windows 8 hosts) and extenders can interface with my HomerunXD Prime 3-tuner networked cable router.

I probably should have just kept Comcast boxes and only gotten robbed by one business. I like supporting the economy, so I am sharing my wealth with Amazon, MS and numerous smaller fish. Comcast is my second mortgage.

Wilson will sign for $18M+ (3/4/2014)

Post Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:55 pm 
NET Veteran

PS3 servers have always been free ;)

Post Posted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:30 am 
* The Doc *
* The Doc *

OkieHawk wrote:

Got one of them as well but they don't work as a media center extender, thus no streaming tv. I had the ps3server running on my win7 before converting to win8. Maybe I should see if anything has changed with this freeware?

Wilson will sign for $18M+ (3/4/2014)

Post Posted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:38 am 
NET Veteran

drdiags wrote:
OkieHawk wrote:

Got one of them as well but they don't work as a media center extender, thus no streaming tv. I had the ps3server running on my win7 before converting to win8. Maybe I should see if anything has changed with this freeware?

Never tried setting up a media center extender basically as I have no use for it right now.

Board index » THE NET NATION LOUNGE » [ FANTASY ISLAND ]