2013 Adopt a Rookie thread

billio155

Reaction score
Da Monstar....no doubt. I've played rugby nearly all my life...I gotta support a brother.

godawg

Reaction score
Da Monstar is a player I hoped we would take in the second because this team needed a force in the middle. Now we got him for a fifth and a sixth. If he strengthens his lower body he should be able to collapse the pocket, and he is quick enough to crush any runner who risks coming near. Just what the doctor ordered.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
I'm going with Ty Powell as well. I believe that I'm the second one to pick him.

I came away impressed after watching his pro day tape.

The kid's put together well, he's smooth during his transitions and he has very good ball skills... and the quickness/speed is good enough imo.

It will be interesting to see how Pete and Dan plan to use him... as a Leo?... or as a Will.

NYCoug

Reaction score
As a diehard Toronto Blue Jays fan when it comes to baseball, I've got to root for Luke Willson since he played for the organization last summer. A Blue Jay/Seahawk. I have absolutely no choice but to make Luke Willson my 2013 adopt a rookie.

Plus, I think he's going to be a badass out there. He's definitely got the athleticism. How great would it be if he ended up better than his former teammate and the dude who started over him in college, Vance McDonald? I'd love it!

seatt1eslew

Reaction score
I'll say Chris Harper. Being a former Duck, he'll need all the support he can get.

rsm650

Reaction score
I'm going with Spencer Ware. He refuses to be pushed in any direction except forwards. Kind of like Marshawn.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
Sign me up for the Harper bandwagon, dude has the potential to be sneaky dangerous on this team.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
I loved our early 5th round picks in Williams and Thurmond, I think both have an excellent chance to be great players in the NFL.

My favorite underdog, if you can even say that is Ty Powell, all muscle athlete, pro tape was impressive.

Richard Sherman - 5th Round
Kam Chancellor - 5th Round

Jesse Williams - 5th Round
Simon Thurmond - 5th Round

Yea... thats how I feel.

Jesse Williams is my adopt a player, as I think he has a chance to help one of our most noticeable weaknesses last year towards the end which was run defense.

kearly

Reaction score
Spencer Ware. Christine Michael is awesome and will have 100 times the career most likely, but Ware might have the funnest highlight reel of any Seahawks player drafted in this regime not named Russell Wilson.

HAWKFaninBAMA

Reaction score
Easy pick for me being an Alabama Crimson Tide fan..... Jesse Williams is my pick I am so freaking excited for this pick....

Shadyhawk182

Reaction score
As an LSU fan. I can tell you all this
My most used phrase last college football season was " OH COME ON THEROLD...SERIOUSLY??!!"
it got to the point when i'd play NCAA id bench him before every game.
I LOVED Spencer Ware, AKA THE JUGGERNAUT, the only problem i have is he puts his head down way too early to run people over instead of just changing direction even when its a wide open hole. Hopefully he can change that.

I wanna say the Juggernaut is my adopted Rookie, but with Marshawn and Turbin...ill just go with my other Tiger, THEROLD...dont let me down....like you have for years already....SEAHAWK REDEMPTION FOR THEROLD.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
For an LSU fan, you sure spell "Tharold" incorrectly a lot. In any case, we'll see what comes. I've given up trying to predict whether X player will succeed at the NFL level. It's impossible. Nobody has even been able to do it with 50% accuracy, so you might as well flip a coin.

Shadyhawk182

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":v5iwmwmd said:
For an LSU fan, you sure spell "Tharold" incorrectly a lot. In any case, we'll see what comes. I've given up trying to predict whether X player will succeed at the NFL level. It's impossible. Nobody has even been able to do it with 50% accuracy, so you might as well flip a coin.

its such a common name, i forgot. :roll:
btw hes not very popular among our fanbase, so i dont really see his name spelled alot, but it is fun to yell.
i should just stick with humblethug.