Let's Talk Mariners

The Outfield

Reaction score
m0ng0":1g3n8gfi said:
Ryans benching lasted a whopping 1 game?

He wasn't benched. It was simply determined that Andino would be the primary/starting SS. But it's a bit weird that Andino is still in (at 2nd) when Ryan is at SS.

@Sailor Haha, I know right? Pretty sad.

OP
OP
Uncle Si

Uncle Si

Reaction score
0-10 with the bases loaded and 1 rbi in the last 2 games. 7 abs with less than 2 outs. Christ on a bike

(And 1st and 2nd right after... don't bunt them over, strike out swinging... its as if the manager hasn't an idea who his batters are)

jkitsune

Reaction score
My only hope is that the Mariners regain relevance before they're run out of town. I don't know if I could recover from losing them, in terms of baseball fandom. It's so demoralizing that, after a run of incompetence (Bavasi), we've had a run of usually-good decision making but awful luck. Picking up top offensive prospects like Montero, Smoak, and Ackley by all rights should have worked out (at least 2 of the 3), and that none of them are right now is crushing.

Sometimes good decisions turn out horribly. The Mariners have had more than their fair share of it, though.

The Outfield

Reaction score
Sweet, another win for Felix!! If our bats stay as hot as they are and we can start to hit with RISP, we'll do pretty good. Now to think about Harang and Saunders......

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
The Outfield":29k1fky9 said:
Sweet, another win for Felix!! If our bats stay as hot as they are and we can start to hit with RISP, we'll do pretty good. Now to think about Harang and Saunders......
Bats hot? Shit man, they couldn't hit AAA pitching with runners in scoring position. Smoak has got to go. Another whiff in run scoring situation before Morales bailed them out with the go ahead hit. What are they in the last week with RISP? Maybe .100 with 80000 Ks? Just truly brutal with the bats. Felix was awesome last night though, that's for sure.

The Outfield

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2l00h5uh said:
The Outfield":2l00h5uh said:
Bats hot? Shit man, they couldn't hit AAA pitching with runners in scoring position. Smoak has got to go. Another whiff in run scoring situation before Morales bailed them out with the go ahead hit. What are they in the last week with RISP? Maybe .100 with 80000 Ks? Just truly brutal with the bats. Felix was awesome last night though, that's for sure.

Did you read my post completely? I said if we could just start hitting with RISP we'd do well... otherwise, we've had around a .300 team batting average the past few games. Almost every player has hit. I think the only one that hasn't is Smoak.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
The Outfield":1t2kqi4s said:
hawksfansinceday1":1t2kqi4s said:
The Outfield":1t2kqi4s said:

Did you read my post completely? I said if we could just start hitting with RISP we'd do well... otherwise, we've had around a .300 team batting average the past few games. Almost every player has hit. I think the only one that hasn't is Smoak.

Some people just like to bitch for the sake of bitching. Seems you have brought one of them out of the woodwork.

OP
OP
Uncle Si

Uncle Si

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":bs6j2uvs said:
The Outfield":bs6j2uvs said:
hawksfansinceday1":bs6j2uvs said:

Some people just like to bitch for the sake of bitching. Seems you have brought one of them out of the woodwork.

regardless... it is really freaking frustrating... i counted 0-10 with the bases load, 0-7 with the bases juiced and less than 2 outs... 1 rbi (and i think it was a fielders choice).
great that they are getting on.. now finish the job. What comes first.. we start getting them in, or we stop getting them on?

OP
OP
Uncle Si

Uncle Si

Reaction score
m0ng0":1hxcc5gw said:
Iwakuma is a friggin STUD !

He is at that... so 3 of 4 from the Angels... and we pitched well for the most part.

Now that we've seen Vargas.. good trade?

Storts

Reaction score
Don't get too excited, this Angels team is in dire trouble, think it's season over already, the Pen is absolutely shocking and the hitting is leaving a lot to be desired. Very worried.

OP
OP
Uncle Si

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Storts":2sasyp5g said:
Don't get too excited, this Angels team is in dire trouble, think it's season over already, the Pen is absolutely shocking and the hitting is leaving a lot to be desired. Very worried.
Won't get excited about another teams failings (unless that team is the Yankees) but so far it seems as though the Ms dodged a bullet on Hamilton. We couldn't have dumped out that kind of cash for mediocre returns and ever recovered

Storts

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1i8x9xuh said:
Storts":1i8x9xuh said:
Won't get excited about another teams failings (unless that team is the Yankees) but so far it seems as though the Ms dodged a bullet on Hamilton. We couldn't have dumped out that kind of cash for mediocre returns and ever recovered

Definitely mate, no plate discipline at all, just swinging at everything, must be on for some sort of K record. He doesn't look interested at all. Then again we were saying the same things about Pujols after his first month so willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

Scioscia on the other hand has to go. This team has been going nowhere for 3 years and the buck stops with him. Thank you for 2002 Mike but it's time to move on.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
The Outfield":28bz5ge0 said:
Wouldn't one of the factors in a team to be considered as having "hot" bats actually be hitting with RISP?

CurryStopstheRuns":28bz5ge0 said:
See above. To me a team with "hot" bats actually hits with RISP and scores more than 2 or 3 runs per game. As for bitching, it isn't to be happy cuz I am bitching. I've been watching the Mariners since thier inception in 1977 and IMO I have the right to be unhappy with the devlopement of the young players Jack Z. has brought in, ESPECIALLY Smoak. Settling for mediocrity as a fanbase will perpetuate it even longer.

The Outfield

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":vc7xeuge said:
The Outfield":vc7xeuge said:
Wouldn't one of the factors in a team to be considered as having "hot" bats actually be hitting with RISP?

Well, if you had read my post completely, you'd see that RISP wasn't factored into me calling them "hot" bats. Regardless, I think simply a high batting average does constitute the usage of the term.

davidonmi

Reaction score
win 1 of the next 2 and you're at 13-17, not where you want to be but better than it was looking as if to be