Value for our trades in the draft

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Value for our trades in the draft
Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:28 am
  • Found some interesting analysis on the various trades during the draft. Football Perspective broke down each round of the draft trades with some interesting analysis. Since we didn't trade around in the first round, I've left that out out, although you can find it via a link in the last article.

Our trade back from 56 with Baltimore's 62nd to snag Christine Michael and the 165th, and 199th selections was graded as a technical win for us, although really more of a win-win scenario for both.

Our trade with Detroit, swapping picks 165 and 199 for their pick 137 to snag Jesse Williams was graded as a win for us "by a country mile." The analysis was that not only did we win significantly on value of the picks, but traded to pick a player who had been the top-rated player for 30 or 40 picks.
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Les Norton - gone but never forgotten. Rest in blue and green peace, my friend.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

Re: Value for our trades in the draft
Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:17 am
  • I always love the jump ahead of your self to get that 2 pick in a row "win."
    Welcome to Mr. Wilson's Magic Show
    Strong safety Kam Chancellor, a 6-foot-3, 232-pound rhinoceros in cleats.....REED ALBERGOTTI
    Put them together, and this long-limbed, fleet-a-foot foursome forms a formidable force. ....Clare Farnsworth referencing the "Legion of Boom"
    oregonhawkfan
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:01 am
  • The trade for Jesse Williams tells me they really wanted Tharold Simon just as much, otherwise they would've either waited one more pick to draft Williams, or traded up one spot while probably giving up a 7th. There was probably a significant drop-off on their draft board after Williams and Simon.
    Erebus
    NET Veteran

Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:55 am
  • So, in other words, we used our second round pick on Christine Michael and Jesse Williams. Nice when you can draft two players with one pick.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:00 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information