At 62, Seattle selects: Christine Michael, RB Texas A&M

bigcc

Reaction score
mayock called him the most talented back in the draft and mcshay called him a steal...... im not worried

Blitzer88

Reaction score
I am still iffy on this pick, but I am excited to see what he can do. Hopefully he proves me wrong for doubting the pick.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Blitzer88":17eqi62y said:
I am still iffy on this pick, but I am excited to see what he can do. Hopefully he proves me wrong for doubting the pick.
Yup, you can eat crow all day.

tooshort

Reaction score
461286_4142212572279_1724001441_o.jpg

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
:shock: :shock: :shock:

Dude's acceleration to the second level is among the best in the NFL at his position. He is going to be a load.

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
Agreed, Smokin.

Just watched highlights. The dude has great vision, too, sees his openings through the line then BOOM! Plus loves the end zone

Comparison: young Shaun Alexander?

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
My first reaction to this pick was "why the hell are we selecting running back here?" However, looking at it with a bit of retrospect, it's a great pick. We still ended up with a whole bunch of later round OL/DL prospects, which was my primary concern, and some of the comments I've heard about this guy have been very positive.

His acceleration and speed leave me impressed, and he's a sizable bruising running back. With the corps of backs we have now, it's a) going to be a fight just to get carries on this team, and b) every single play will hold the potential of sending a wild semi-tractor trailer smashing through the defense.

I like it. A lot.

BamKam

Reaction score
I really like the pick. I think people overrate Turbin. He isn't a bad player he just hasn't really shown me anything that would make me rate him as high as other fans.

Anyways i think we have only a couple years of Beast Mode left. The way Marshawn runs his body will eventually catch up to him... similar to Marion Barber imo. So having bother Michael/Turbin for when Lynch is done will be nice.

NYCoug

Reaction score
I've been trying to think of who Michael really reminds me of with his aggressive running style and excellent ability to accelerate and not slow down when changing directions. There's been someone in my head that I think of whenever I see Michael highlights but I couldn't quite put my finger on it until just now. Jonathan Stewart from the Panthers. They're actually similar in stature, with Stewart having 15 pounds on Michael at the moment, but Michael has time and the frame to add some more beef. Stewart has that same freaky athleticism for such a big dude. Stewart's always been one of the guys that got away from me. Coming out of Timberline High, he spurned Wazzu for Oregon. Then, he ended up getting drafted by the Panthers. Despite him always getting away, I've still always loved his game and wished he ended up a Seahawk. Probably won't happen now but I'm definitely okay with that.

Something tells me Michael might make me forget completely about Jonathan Stewart. If it weren't for Luke Willson also being a former Toronto Blue Jay, Michael would be my adopt a rookie.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
Hawk Strap":2mvii76g said:
Agreed, Smokin.

Just watched highlights. The dude has great vision, too, sees his openings through the line then BOOM! Plus loves the end zone

Comparison: young Shaun Alexander?

To me his style reminds me of a smaller, less strong Adrian Peterson

Lithium

Reaction score
man, when he cuts it seems like he doesnt even slow down, its quite amazing

vin.couve12

Reaction score
He's nothing like Alexander. He's actually a lot like Brian Westbrook, but with an extra 20 pounds and the added mindframe to run defenders over. This is an extremely talented back. Maybe a little bit like LT as well. The level of acceleration is right on par with those guys, but Michael is quite a bit more physical. Still needs to learn to pass block and will have work to do as a receiver, but man this kid is a talented runner.