WalterFootball grades each selection

Hawknballs

Reaction score
walterfootball likes to think he's a lot smarter and funnier than he thinks he is. And also usually wrong about everything too.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
well in his 2014 m ock draft he has the hawks picking last because he has them winning the superbowl.

I just don't know. he focuses on the guys he likes and then shuffles them around and really doesn't seem to know much beyond about the top 8 at each position. Plus sometimes he just makes some weird random comments that make me wonder about his motivation. Also his latest practice of making up fake facebook personalities and getting into fake debates / making fraud comments seems to be his new schtick and it's not necessary, funny, or informational at all and just sort of makes the whole thing awkward.

UGHAWK

Reaction score
I'm lazy and don't have a link, but I know for sure he killed us last year. And it wasn't just the standard, "They must know something we don't," he absolutely killed PC and JS. Almost on a personal level. He definitely wrote them off as having jobs this year and insinuated they were a total joke. I used to use them as a great resource until that draft. They switched their tune over the course of the year, and acted like their attacks were never written. If you're gonna kill people, stand up, and hold yourself accountable. You really don't know as much as you think. You're all about clicks and hits, not about real analysis! You're opinion is worth as much as any random fan from any random team. Zilch! Absolutely no track record! And.... as you can tell, that site left a bitter taste in my mouth. I just hate cheap commentary that tries to attrack the masses!!

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
I don't think many draft analysis look enough at long term plans for teams.

Take the Michael pick - if Lynch or Turbin get injured - we have no good depth and we become one-dimensional. Moreover, Lynch is not getting younger and his running style is rugged to say the least - why not have another RB waiting in the wings when he is done?

Remember when Shaun Alexander went down - we had....Maurice Morris and then a carousel of mediocre RBs. Definitely affected our offense.

Long-term it makes a ton of sense. Draft picks don't always have to fill a gaping need this year and in fact most good teams try to stay away from this.

It's not quite BPA either, it is drafting to a long-term plan.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Hawknballs":2cyr176z said:
walterfootball likes to think he's a lot smarter and funnier than he thinks he is. And also usually wrong about everything too.
He certainly has a 2-dimensional view of everything.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
By him saying that "it SEEMS like a wasted selection" tells you all you need to know about his smarts on the matter :34853_doh:
I'm going to take sides here, and say that PC & JS have had some picks that are rock solid, that got dismissed by that bozo last Year, including the selection of Russell Wilson in round 3, now, wouldn't you think that this buffoon would get a clue after a brain fart like that.
Not that I really give a flying bats' butt how he grades PC & JS for their phenominal success in finding players that exceed everyone's expectations.
Normally, I'd just laugh this kind of crap off, but there's really nothing comical about this kind of stupidity.

rideaducati

Reaction score
He had Jesse Williams going to the Patriots in the first round of 2013 draft according to his 2014 mock.

kearly

Reaction score
I like Walterfootball as a draft resource for some things. That said, Walter himself brings no insight to his analysis and seems to pull most of his thoughts straight out of his ass. His commentary is hard to distinguish from Pete Prisco's.