At 123 Seattle selects: Chris harper, WR KS

Fuzzman55

Reaction score
I'd like to see him get down the field a little more, but with Klein that might not have been his fault.

razor150

Reaction score
jlwaters1":33twy74o said:
marymoorhawk":33twy74o said:
Steve2222":33twy74o said:
As a UDub fan watching Desmond play a ton, he never screamed above average NFL starter to me. Not trying to rain on your parade, but yeah.

I am going to disagree with this - I think Desmond will above average ... he excels in tight coverage which to the extremely poor Pac-12 officiating means sometimes a flag and sometimes not, which makes it difficult for a corner to understand where lines are drawn.

From the limited stuff I've seen of Desmond Trufant. To me he is KELLY JENNINGS 2.0, a guy with similar size and speed to Jennings. Who also is a "safe" pick. From what I've seen and Mayock has said, he doesn't make a lot of huge plays. The guy played 4 years and had just 6 INT's at least 1 of which was a gift as the QB of the opposing team overthrew it and it was easy pickings.

I wish him the best in ATL. I'm glad he's not in Seattle though.

I think he'll be more like his brother, a steadily reliable player but not an amazing player. I don't think they'll ever regret drafting him.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
This kid looks pretty impressive. He has the look of a NFL player.

Snohomie

Reaction score
Worst thing I can say about Harper is that he demonstrates poor decision making. Decides he'd rather be a WR that catches passes in Bill Snyder's offense with Colin Klein as his QB, instead of in Chip Kelly's offense with Thomas/Mariotta as his QB??? Probably cost him 300+ yards this season alone.

cover-2

Reaction score
Snohomie":r096gc5a said:
Worst thing I can say about Harper is that he demonstrates poor decision making. Decides he'd rather be a WR that catches passes in Bill Snyder's offense with Colin Klein as his QB, instead of in Chip Kelly's offense with Thomas/Mariotta as his QB??? Probably cost him 300+ yards this season alone.

If thats the worst thing you can say about him, then I'm good with that. He was an 18 year old kid when he made that decision; I think his reasons for transferring were reasonable considering his age, disappointment from having to switch from QB to WR, and wanting to be closer to home.

Harper is going to be a fan favorite for Seahawk nation.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Snohomie":3tgh3qg8 said:

I saw somewhere today that he transferred to Kansas to be a quarterback. It didn't work out so he switched. That would mean he wasn't considering switching before he'd already switched schools. Don't think it's that big a deal, myself. Hell, he's giving up yardage coming to the Seahawks, because we're going to be a pound-the-rock-first team, and he's well down the depth chart. Still, doubt that really matters to him. He's got a legitimate chance at being a solid, productive player here. I probably like this pick more than any of the others.

DJrmb

Reaction score
I like this kid a lot. He's exactly what I have been pounding the table for, a strong and physical type of WR that plays hard and will be an asset in the run game because of his blocking. Love this pick and I am rooting for this kid to become the next Boldin as some have compared him to.

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
I'm reading all these Boldin comparisons and thinking "right" how do all these draft scouts come up with the same player comparison... then I watch the vids in this thread... Yep, Anquan Boldin.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
He fits the bill as the big, physical WR that I felt Seattle really needed. I like that he can catch outside his body and power opposing DBs for possession. He's also a very clean route runner. I don't love his apparent lack of downfield speed. I feel like he might have a modest ceiling, but he seems to add a much needed element to this receiving corps.

Interested to see how he looks with a legitimate QB.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
rainger":1r6i08yv said:
Hasselbeck":1r6i08yv said:
rainger":1r6i08yv said:
Shock2k said:
Stupid ESPN was on a commercial break during our pick.
Every year they always are. The Seattle pick doesnt matter to the talking heads and when we pick they are always talking about someone else.

It's Round 4... they're done showing picks live.

Calm down.
You Calm down. I did not want them to show it live but at least TALK about the pick a bit. All they want to talk about is what the Jets/Giants etc are doing. I am allowed an opinion about the stupid media. You dont need to be my mother advising me.

That must be because Mom already has you pissed off by telling you to get off the computer and do your homework. Don't bring ur baggage into cyberspace. Now run along, and remember to always eat yer veggies.

Snohomie

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":26xvjy2i said:
Snohomie":26xvjy2i said:

I saw somewhere today that he transferred to Kansas to be a quarterback. It didn't work out so he switched. That would mean he wasn't considering switching before he'd already switched schools. Don't think it's that big a deal, myself. Hell, he's giving up yardage coming to the Seahawks, because we're going to be a pound-the-rock-first team, and he's well down the depth chart. Still, doubt that really matters to him. He's got a legitimate chance at being a solid, productive player here. I probably like this pick more than any of the others.

I swear, my sense of humor translates a lot better in person!

aawolf

Reaction score
This is my favorite Seahawks pick of the draft.

ivotuk

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3nrwshrf said:
Sports Hernia":3nrwshrf said:
JSeahawks":3nrwshrf said:
Ex Duck QB. TOUGH TOUGH wr. Actually reminds me quite a bit of Brian Blades. Realy good run blocking WR as well. If you don't love the pick now I pretty much guarantee you'll love the player in a couple years.

I like it!

[youtube]zKbt-TwXKWU[/youtube]
Looks like a very solid pick. Why did he transfer from Oregone????? Was he tired of the ugly uniform combos? :sarcasm_off:

Lost the QB job.

Sounds a bit immature. Looks like he fumbles quite a bit.

Edit: I can see his decision now after reading why he might have made it. If he were promised one thing in order to leave his home state but then they didn't deliver...

He needs to learn how to hold on to the ball though. That one handed isht won't cut it.

SeahawksFanForever

Reaction score
I have no opinion on this pick. I like his potential and I am glad that we drafted him but oh man, his QB sucks! I am just going to wait until he plays with Russell Wilson and see how he does. His college QB made it very difficult for me to judge him as a player. Like this pick though

vedthree

Reaction score
LawlessHawk":17lbjs02 said:
I'm reading all these Boldin comparisons and thinking "right" how do all these draft scouts come up with the same player comparison... then I watch the vids in this thread... Yep, Anquan Boldin.

I can also see where the "faster Boldin" comps come from, given his physicality - but IMO he doesn't have quite the hands yet (Boldin was a beast in that regard) The one comp that I saw that makes a ton of sense to me (because they have similar speed & it's another WR Schnieder drafter) ... James Jones.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
vedthree":zrx0v4vm said:
LawlessHawk":zrx0v4vm said:

I can also see where the "faster Boldin" comps come from, given his physicality - but IMO he doesn't have quite the hands yet (Boldin was a beast in that regard) The one comp that I saw that makes a ton of sense to me (because they have similar speed & it's another WR Schnieder drafter) ... James Jones.

Chris Harper is bigger, faster, stronger, and more athletic than Anquan Boldin in comparison to their best Combine and Pro Day measures and workout numbers.

Chris Harper:
6'1, 229
40 Yrd Dash: 4.45
20 Yrd Dash: 2.63
10 Yrd Dash: 1.57
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 20
Vertical Jump: 35 1/2
Broad Jump: 09'08"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.26
3-Cone Drill: 6.89

Anquan Boldin:
6'1, 216
40 Yrd Dash: 4.72
20 Yrd Dash: 2.77
10 Yrd Dash: 1.61
225 Lb. Bench Reps: N/A
Vertical Jump: 33 1/2
Broad Jump: 09'06"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.33
3-Cone Drill: 7.35

Not by much in some categories but you also have to remember that Harper had 13 pounds on Boldin. Harper is still coming into his own as a WR, the kid is only going to get better and improve every year like he has in college.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
ivotuk":16asse7y said:
JSeahawks":16asse7y said:
Sports Hernia":16asse7y said:
Looks like a very solid pick. Why did he transfer from Oregone????? Was he tired of the ugly uniform combos? :sarcasm_off:

Lost the QB job.

Sounds a bit immature.

Almost all big QB recruits who lose the battle transfer. Its just the nature of the beast. Only one can play, so if you lose the job you go somewhere else where maybe you can play.

getnasty

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":34d0e2dj said:
vedthree":34d0e2dj said:
LawlessHawk":34d0e2dj said:

Chris Harper is bigger, faster, stronger, and more athletic than Anquan Boldin in comparison to their best Combine and Pro Day measures and workout numbers.

Chris Harper:
6'1, 229
40 Yrd Dash: 4.45
20 Yrd Dash: 2.63
10 Yrd Dash: 1.57
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 20
Vertical Jump: 35 1/2
Broad Jump: 09'08"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.26
3-Cone Drill: 6.89

Anquan Boldin:
6'1, 216
40 Yrd Dash: 4.72
20 Yrd Dash: 2.77
10 Yrd Dash: 1.61
225 Lb. Bench Reps: N/A
Vertical Jump: 33 1/2
Broad Jump: 09'06"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.33
3-Cone Drill: 7.35

Not by much in some categories but you also have to remember that Harper had 13 pounds on Boldin. Harper is still coming into his own as a WR, the kid is only going to get better and improve every year like he has in college.

Which is wierd because when i watch Harper's Highlights he looks slow to me and lack explosiveness, and i always thought the opposite of a young Boldin. This pick doesn't really excite me but in Pete and John i trust.