Shock2k":1evzany6 said:
BI1qvl CAAA dpb
76774.jpg
Those are two scary-built individuals.

pinksheets

Reaction score
BlueTalon":1y9uk3u5 said:
pinksheets":1y9uk3u5 said:
I'm not a scout type at all like some of the posters here, but I have to say that I get really excited when we add a guy who is really excited about being a Seahawk. Speaks to our organization and to how likely the kid is to put in the effort here. I'm sold on this kid from what the smart people are saying and just the general vibes.
The cynic in me says all draftees are excited about being members of their new teams (at least publicly).

But he seemed to be hooked after visiting here, so in this case I wholeheartedly agree with you.
Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. Not the "put on the New Era draft cap" type excitement, but that this guy was basically pleading to be drafted by this team after visiting here is awesome. He loves what he saw, he's not just excited to be drafted at all, he's pumped because he got drafted by the team he openly said he wanted to be. That's really cool.

HansGruber

Reaction score
Christine has much larger legs than Turbin. Impressive. That guy looks like he could run through a brick wall. Only concern is the injury history.

pinksheets

Reaction score
I like Turbin, but I will say, I'm really happy with this pick, because I wasn't even close to buying into him as our feature back of the future. I hope we get a couple more good years out of Lynch, but with RB's, better to hedge your bets and count on getting zero.

Shock2k

Reaction score
HansGruber":l0o0kga3 said:
Christine has much larger legs than Turbin. Impressive. That guy looks like he could run through a brick wall. Only concern is the injury history.

That's because Turbin's Arms ate his Legs, then had a couple tree trunks for desert.

SE174

Reaction score
I like the pick, but I don't get why some feel the need to downplay Turbin. Turbin is just as fast, has a quick burst, and is pretty shifty. We're absolutely LOADED at RB, and I wouldn't be worried if either Turbin or Michael was starting in relief of the Beast. If Sweezy makes a big jump and Carpenter can stay healthy, sweet dear lord baby jesus. :shock:

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say we lead the NFL in big plays this year. The read-option with that much speed and nastiness at RB, combined with Harvin and Tate's playmaking, multiplied by the Russell Wilson factor!? In the immortal words of Mayock, "ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?"

:death2: :49ersmall: :ramssmall-2: :tardssmall: :rocket:

TwilightError

Reaction score
I just love this pick! I mean, the Seahawks pick an offensive playmaker with their first pick of the draft... Think about that. Not a lineman to fill a glaring need or anything like that... This is where we are!

RichNhansom

Reaction score
kearly":33r91d2g said:
This pick gained serious traction with me over the last couple weeks. The more I looked at our roster, the more I looked at the available talent, the more I looked for guys that fit with monster upside, Michael stuck out like a sore thumb. I was so happy to see Eddie Lacy fall, because I figured he'd fall on the sword for Michael when the Packers inevitably took a power RB right in front of us and sure enough, that's exactly what happened.

A week before the draft, I had Seattle taking Michael in the 4th round, because I thought he could last that long. But after hearing that he was being talked about in round 2 a few days before the draft, I started to seriously think of him as a 2nd round prospect and when I really thought it over, Michael was a more exciting and better pick in round 2 than anyone else, and I reflected that by having Seattle take Michael in the 2nd round during my final mock draft. It's the pick I expected Seattle to make, but it's also the pick I was hoping for by the very end. This pick got me up off my couch and firing off high fives. GREAT pick by Seattle. Reminds me of how I felt when they got Irvin and Wilson last year.

Sure but how'd that work out?

I do see one problem with this pick. When we are up by 24 after the half and subbing in our backups to spell the starters we are going to be repeatedly accused of running up the score. That's a big problem. Don't you guy's remember all the flack we got from the league about this thing back in 09? Wait, that's not right.

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
RichNhansom":29rcqfi3 said:
kearly":29rcqfi3 said:
This pick gained serious traction with me over the last couple weeks. The more I looked at our roster, the more I looked at the available talent, the more I looked for guys that fit with monster upside, Michael stuck out like a sore thumb. I was so happy to see Eddie Lacy fall, because I figured he'd fall on the sword for Michael when the Packers inevitably took a power RB right in front of us and sure enough, that's exactly what happened.

A week before the draft, I had Seattle taking Michael in the 4th round, because I thought he could last that long. But after hearing that he was being talked about in round 2 a few days before the draft, I started to seriously think of him as a 2nd round prospect and when I really thought it over, Michael was a more exciting and better pick in round 2 than anyone else, and I reflected that by having Seattle take Michael in the 2nd round during my final mock draft. It's the pick I expected Seattle to make, but it's also the pick I was hoping for by the very end. This pick got me up off my couch and firing off high fives. GREAT pick by Seattle. Reminds me of how I felt when they got Irvin and Wilson last year.

Sure but how'd that work out?

I do see one problem with this pick. When we are up by 24 after the half and subbing in our backups to spell the starters we are going to be repeatedly accused of running up the score. That's a big problem. Don't you guy's remember all the flack we got from the league about this thing back in 09? Wait, that's not right.

Haters will always find some way to hate on the Hawks. It's the NFL, you're supposed to run up the score!

SeatownJay

Reaction score
You know who doesn't like this pick? People that have Lynch in fantasy football, because now Marshawn will be losing touches to both Turbin and Michael to keep everyone fresh for the end of the regular season and the playoffs.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Well if he ends up as a shorter more powerful A Green, or maybe a slightly less versatile E James (who he looks like when he runs with the exception of the pass catching ability)...then it could be a good pickup considering that we cannot keep beating Lynch into the ground forever and Turbin is not really a home run threat.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2fdx1qb6 said:
Shock2k":2fdx1qb6 said:
Watching the video he looks really explosive off the line. But I have to wonder why the heck we are talking a running back, except as maybe a replacement for Leon. But I've promised myself I would never question Sneider/Carol again. So NICE PICK!

Because Pete loves to pound the rock!!! Plus, Lynch's back kind of worries me going forward.

Marshawn's back = Randy Johnson's back. A whole lotta nuthin.

Austin Hawk

Reaction score
I'm sure Christine Michael is a good back, but we basically just spent our 2nd round pick on someone who will be competing for a backup spot. Are we really THAT secure at every other position?

HagFaithful

Reaction score
I think he's a CURRENT back-up who could emerge as the starter in a few years. Look, we're loaded. You're kind of implying we should draft based on NEED; I don't think that's the best way to maintain a competitive roster and successful franchise. We're in a good position when our top picks will be groomed the right way and not asked to start from Day 1. He learns, develops, gets more touches, and earns playing time. The draft SHOULD be for depth and the future, IMO.

Axx

Reaction score
Wow dude is a beast if he gets in the 2nd level. He compliments Marshawn very well. I see him running the read-option

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Should the Hawks have taken Lattimore instead? He was still available at that spot. Note that he has had 2 major surgeries in 2 years. But was considered a top tier talent prior.
Thought?

DavidSeven

Reaction score
joeseahawks":2tyjicpo said:
Should the Hawks have taken Lattimore instead? He was still available at that spot. Note that he has had 2 major surgeries in 2 years. But was considered a top tier talent prior.
Thought?

Michael excites me more than Lattimore, and plenty of people are calling him a top tier talent as well. I think he can come in and be dynamic immediately. SF is probably the best situation for Lattimore to be in right now to be honest.