At 62, Seattle selects: Christine Michael, RB Texas A&M

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • Never hurts to have another guy that has the ability to score on an explosive play when he has the ball in his hands. Especially after Lynch and Turbo wear out the defenders.

Offense is pretty stacked.

Go Hawks.
    SouthSoundHawk
    NET Veteran

• polarbill1999 wrote:5'10" 220
    4.43 40-9th ranked from combine
    43" vert-1st
    6.69 3 cone-1st
    27 reps-3rd
    4.02 shuttle-1st
    125" broad-2nd

This kid is a freak athlete.

World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Les Norton - gone but never forgotten. Rest in blue and green peace, my friend.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

• They have to give this guy some touches. I like Turbin a heck of a lot more than Jones or Forsett , but Turbin simply isn't in the same class as this kid.

There is a reason why Turbin lasted until round four and a reason why Michael went in round two. Michael is about 60 picks better and it jumps out at you on the highlight reels.

Freaking explosive.
    Mick063
    NET Starter

• OK, someone with photo editing skills needs to juxtapose a picture of Michael and one of Turbin side by side, with similar angles and captured at similar moments.

(edit) Here's my attempt at it:

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage
    Last edited by BlueTalon on Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
    49ers webzone: Win or lose, i hope you injure Sherman. Like a serious career ending injury. I don't want him to get paid.
    49ers webzone: noise should not be the overwhelming reason a team is favored. they need to spray noise-damping foam onto the ceiling of that place.
    BlueTalon
    * NET Curmudgeon *
    * NET Curmudgeon *

• With the new helmet rules on RB's I wouldn't be surprised if Pete wanted to make a move for a shifty make you miss type RB to get away from the bruising styles of Lynch and Turbin. Just adapting to the new rule flag football league
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"- Colonel Sanders
    BigNastyyy
    NET Rookie

• BlueTalon wrote:OK, someone with photo editing skills needs to juxtapose a picture of Michael and one of Turbin side by side, with similar angles and captured at similar moments.

Image Image
    Shock2k
    NET Veteran

• I'm not a scout type at all like some of the posters here, but I have to say that I get really excited when we add a guy who is really excited about being a Seahawk. Speaks to our organization and to how likely the kid is to put in the effort here. I'm sold on this kid from what the smart people are saying and just the general vibes.
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

• I was a bit shocked with this pick as well. Before the draft, I was thinking that RB would be the last thing we would take in the second round. But the more I read, the better this pick sounds.

First off, we did have a spot on the roster for an RB considering Leon is gone. Plus, I think this will give Turbin some motivation. If he went into his second season feeling that he was entrenched as the second running back he may not have worked as hard. It's all about competetion.

This is offense is now stacked with talent. If we had injuries at RB or WR last year we would have been hurting, but this year we should be able to withstand them.

Drafting down to get this guy was a coup as well. Just six picks down to get two extra picks?! That had to score hugely in our favor on the new Draft value charts. This draft is all about depth for us, and now we've got plenty of picks to put quality players behind all of our starters.
    chevelle03
    NET Rookie

• pinksheets wrote:I'm not a scout type at all like some of the posters here, but I have to say that I get really excited when we add a guy who is really excited about being a Seahawk. Speaks to our organization and to how likely the kid is to put in the effort here. I'm sold on this kid from what the smart people are saying and just the general vibes.

The cynic in me says all draftees are excited about being members of their new teams (at least publicly).

But he seemed to be hooked after visiting here, so in this case I wholeheartedly agree with you.
    49ers webzone: Win or lose, i hope you injure Sherman. Like a serious career ending injury. I don't want him to get paid.
    49ers webzone: noise should not be the overwhelming reason a team is favored. they need to spray noise-damping foam onto the ceiling of that place.
    BlueTalon
    * NET Curmudgeon *
    * NET Curmudgeon *

• pinksheets wrote:I'm not a scout type at all like some of the posters here, but I have to say that I get really excited when we add a guy who is really excited about being a Seahawk. Speaks to our organization and to how likely the kid is to put in the effort here. I'm sold on this kid from what the smart people are saying and just the general vibes.

and another reason I like this pick. Seattle is becoming the place to be! Crazy how fast Schneider and Carroll have transformed this organization.
    chevelle03
    NET Rookie

• Shock2k wrote:Image Image

Those are two scary-built individuals.
    BlueTalon
    * NET Curmudgeon *
    * NET Curmudgeon *

• BlueTalon wrote:
    pinksheets wrote:I'm not a scout type at all like some of the posters here, but I have to say that I get really excited when we add a guy who is really excited about being a Seahawk. Speaks to our organization and to how likely the kid is to put in the effort here. I'm sold on this kid from what the smart people are saying and just the general vibes.

The cynic in me says all draftees are excited about being members of their new teams (at least publicly).

But he seemed to be hooked after visiting here, so in this case I wholeheartedly agree with you.

Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. Not the "put on the New Era draft cap" type excitement, but that this guy was basically pleading to be drafted by this team after visiting here is awesome. He loves what he saw, he's not just excited to be drafted at all, he's pumped because he got drafted by the team he openly said he wanted to be. That's really cool.
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

• BlueTalon wrote:Those are two scary-built individuals.

Turbo is built like an M1A1 Abrams. All our running backs are built to lay bricks on folks.
    Shock2k
    NET Veteran

• Christine has much larger legs than Turbin. Impressive. That guy looks like he could run through a brick wall. Only concern is the injury history.
    HansGruber
    NET Veteran

• I like Turbin, but I will say, I'm really happy with this pick, because I wasn't even close to buying into him as our feature back of the future. I hope we get a couple more good years out of Lynch, but with RB's, better to hedge your bets and count on getting zero.
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

• HansGruber wrote:Christine has much larger legs than Turbin. Impressive. That guy looks like he could run through a brick wall. Only concern is the injury history.

That's because Turbin's Arms ate his Legs, then had a couple tree trunks for desert.
    Shock2k
    NET Veteran

• I like the pick, but I don't get why some feel the need to downplay Turbin. Turbin is just as fast, has a quick burst, and is pretty shifty. We're absolutely LOADED at RB, and I wouldn't be worried if either Turbin or Michael was starting in relief of the Beast. If Sweezy makes a big jump and Carpenter can stay healthy, sweet dear lord baby jesus. :shock:

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say we lead the NFL in big plays this year. The read-option with that much speed and nastiness at RB, combined with Harvin and Tate's playmaking, multiplied by the Russell Wilson factor!? In the immortal words of Mayock, "ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?"

:death2: :49ersmall: :ramssmall-2: :tardssmall: :rocket:
    For custom Seahawk backgrounds and signatures, click HERE!
    SE174
    NET Veteran

• I just love this pick! I mean, the Seahawks pick an offensive playmaker with their first pick of the draft... Think about that. Not a lineman to fill a glaring need or anything like that... This is where we are!
    The Moment: Image
    TwilightError
    NET Veteran

• kearly wrote:This pick gained serious traction with me over the last couple weeks. The more I looked at our roster, the more I looked at the available talent, the more I looked for guys that fit with monster upside, Michael stuck out like a sore thumb. I was so happy to see Eddie Lacy fall, because I figured he'd fall on the sword for Michael when the Packers inevitably took a power RB right in front of us and sure enough, that's exactly what happened.

A week before the draft, I had Seattle taking Michael in the 4th round, because I thought he could last that long. But after hearing that he was being talked about in round 2 a few days before the draft, I started to seriously think of him as a 2nd round prospect and when I really thought it over, Michael was a more exciting and better pick in round 2 than anyone else, and I reflected that by having Seattle take Michael in the 2nd round during my final mock draft. It's the pick I expected Seattle to make, but it's also the pick I was hoping for by the very end. This pick got me up off my couch and firing off high fives. GREAT pick by Seattle. Reminds me of how I felt when they got Irvin and Wilson last year.

Sure but how'd that work out?

I do see one problem with this pick. When we are up by 24 after the half and subbing in our backups to spell the starters we are going to be repeatedly accused of running up the score. That's a big problem. Don't you guy's remember all the flack we got from the league about this thing back in 09? Wait, that's not right.
    The Lion has no interest in the opinion of the sheep.
    RichNhansom
    NET Veteran

• RichNhansom wrote:
    kearly wrote:This pick gained serious traction with me over the last couple weeks. The more I looked at our roster, the more I looked at the available talent, the more I looked for guys that fit with monster upside, Michael stuck out like a sore thumb. I was so happy to see Eddie Lacy fall, because I figured he'd fall on the sword for Michael when the Packers inevitably took a power RB right in front of us and sure enough, that's exactly what happened.

A week before the draft, I had Seattle taking Michael in the 4th round, because I thought he could last that long. But after hearing that he was being talked about in round 2 a few days before the draft, I started to seriously think of him as a 2nd round prospect and when I really thought it over, Michael was a more exciting and better pick in round 2 than anyone else, and I reflected that by having Seattle take Michael in the 2nd round during my final mock draft. It's the pick I expected Seattle to make, but it's also the pick I was hoping for by the very end. This pick got me up off my couch and firing off high fives. GREAT pick by Seattle. Reminds me of how I felt when they got Irvin and Wilson last year.

Sure but how'd that work out?

I do see one problem with this pick. When we are up by 24 after the half and subbing in our backups to spell the starters we are going to be repeatedly accused of running up the score. That's a big problem. Don't you guy's remember all the flack we got from the league about this thing back in 09? Wait, that's not right.

Haters will always find some way to hate on the Hawks. It's the NFL, you're supposed to run up the score!
    dumbrabbit
    NET Starter

• You know who doesn't like this pick? People that have Lynch in fantasy football, because now Marshawn will be losing touches to both Turbin and Michael to keep everyone fresh for the end of the regular season and the playoffs.
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• Well if he ends up as a shorter more powerful A Green, or maybe a slightly less versatile E James (who he looks like when he runs with the exception of the pass catching ability)...then it could be a good pickup considering that we cannot keep beating Lynch into the ground forever and Turbin is not really a home run threat.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

• Seems like an insurance pick.
    RabidFrenzy
    NET Bench Warmer

• What is not to like about this pick? Absolutely nothing.
    43-8...it's all about that action boss....
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

• JSeahawks wrote:
    Shock2k wrote:Watching the video he looks really explosive off the line. But I have to wonder why the heck we are talking a running back, except as maybe a replacement for Leon. But I've promised myself I would never question Sneider/Carol again. So NICE PICK!

Because Pete loves to pound the rock!!! Plus, Lynch's back kind of worries me going forward.

Marshawn's back = Randy Johnson's back. A whole lotta nuthin.
    "God Bless Russell Wilson"
    Chukarhawk
    NET Veteran

• I'm sure Christine Michael is a good back, but we basically just spent our 2nd round pick on someone who will be competing for a backup spot. Are we really THAT secure at every other position?
    Austin Hawk
    NET Veteran

• I think he's a CURRENT back-up who could emerge as the starter in a few years. Look, we're loaded. You're kind of implying we should draft based on NEED; I don't think that's the best way to maintain a competitive roster and successful franchise. We're in a good position when our top picks will be groomed the right way and not asked to start from Day 1. He learns, develops, gets more touches, and earns playing time. The draft SHOULD be for depth and the future, IMO.

____________________________________________________________________________
    "When I became a man I put away childish things. Including the desire to be very grown up."
    ~C.S. Lewis
    HagFaithful
    NET Rookie

• Wow dude is a beast if he gets in the 2nd level. He compliments Marshawn very well. I see him running the read-option
    Axx
    NET Veteran

• Should the Hawks have taken Lattimore instead? He was still available at that spot. Note that he has had 2 major surgeries in 2 years. But was considered a top tier talent prior.
    Thought?
    Joe
    joeseahawks
    *The Prophet*

• joeseahawks wrote:Should the Hawks have taken Lattimore instead? He was still available at that spot. Note that he has had 2 major surgeries in 2 years. But was considered a top tier talent prior.
    Thought?

Michael excites me more than Lattimore, and plenty of people are calling him a top tier talent as well. I think he can come in and be dynamic immediately. SF is probably the best situation for Lattimore to be in right now to be honest.
    DavidSeven
    NET Veteran

• mayock called him the most talented back in the draft and mcshay called him a steal...... im not worried
    bigcc
    NET Veteran

• I am still iffy on this pick, but I am excited to see what he can do. Hopefully he proves me wrong for doubting the pick.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

• Blitzer88 wrote:I am still iffy on this pick, but I am excited to see what he can do. Hopefully he proves me wrong for doubting the pick.

Yup, you can eat crow all day.
    P-Rich fo life
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

"When you're running at me like that and I'm running at you...It's gonna be a nasty scene" BAMBAM!!
    tooshort
    NET Veteran

• Beast, Turbin, Michael, and Ware. Oh and pro bowl FB Mike Rob.

Looks good to me.
    The new Santa Clara stadium name?..........Dungaree Dump
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• :shock: :shock: :shock:

Dude's acceleration to the second level is among the best in the NFL at his position. He is going to be a load.
    Feel free to contact me if you need legal assistance. I have a great lawyer that helped me with an ex who violated my privacy and kept harassing me on MySpace and Facebook. He's very good. And there is legal precedent. - linuxpro

He is hold back the legion of boom - skater18000
    SmokinHawk
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

• Agreed, Smokin.

Just watched highlights. The dude has great vision, too, sees his openings through the line then BOOM! Plus loves the end zone

Comparison: young Shaun Alexander?
    "it'd be a newborn deer" - pehawk
    Hawk Strap
    * Handsome *

• My first reaction to this pick was "why the hell are we selecting running back here?" However, looking at it with a bit of retrospect, it's a great pick. We still ended up with a whole bunch of later round OL/DL prospects, which was my primary concern, and some of the comments I've heard about this guy have been very positive.

His acceleration and speed leave me impressed, and he's a sizable bruising running back. With the corps of backs we have now, it's a) going to be a fight just to get carries on this team, and b) every single play will hold the potential of sending a wild semi-tractor trailer smashing through the defense.

I like it. A lot.
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Les Norton - gone but never forgotten. Rest in blue and green peace, my friend.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

• I really like the pick. I think people overrate Turbin. He isn't a bad player he just hasn't really shown me anything that would make me rate him as high as other fans.

Anyways i think we have only a couple years of Beast Mode left. The way Marshawn runs his body will eventually catch up to him... similar to Marion Barber imo. So having bother Michael/Turbin for when Lynch is done will be nice.
    BamKam
    NET Starter

• I've been trying to think of who Michael really reminds me of with his aggressive running style and excellent ability to accelerate and not slow down when changing directions. There's been someone in my head that I think of whenever I see Michael highlights but I couldn't quite put my finger on it until just now. Jonathan Stewart from the Panthers. They're actually similar in stature, with Stewart having 15 pounds on Michael at the moment, but Michael has time and the frame to add some more beef. Stewart has that same freaky athleticism for such a big dude. Stewart's always been one of the guys that got away from me. Coming out of Timberline High, he spurned Wazzu for Oregon. Then, he ended up getting drafted by the Panthers. Despite him always getting away, I've still always loved his game and wished he ended up a Seahawk. Probably won't happen now but I'm definitely okay with that.

Something tells me Michael might make me forget completely about Jonathan Stewart. If it weren't for Luke Willson also being a former Toronto Blue Jay, Michael would be my adopt a rookie.
    Talkin Seahawks All Day, All Night @ my blog Seafense! http://seafense.blogspot.com/
    NYCoug
    NET Veteran

• Hawk Strap wrote:Agreed, Smokin.

Just watched highlights. The dude has great vision, too, sees his openings through the line then BOOM! Plus loves the end zone

Comparison: young Shaun Alexander?

To me his style reminds me of a smaller, less strong Adrian Peterson
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran

• Sturm wrote:I like how the guy interviewing him at the end says, "Someone buy this kid a new phone."

http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/v ... fa01b40220

That was Doug Farrar. Was a tough conversation. I like how Chris Clemons told Michael to calm down and welcome aboard in response to his tweet from a few weeks ago after he visited here.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

• man, when he cuts it seems like he doesnt even slow down, its quite amazing
    Lithium
    NET Veteran

• Reminds me of Emmitt Smith.

____________________________________________________________________________
    "When I became a man I put away childish things. Including the desire to be very grown up."
    ~C.S. Lewis
    HagFaithful
    NET Rookie

• He's nothing like Alexander. He's actually a lot like Brian Westbrook, but with an extra 20 pounds and the added mindframe to run defenders over. This is an extremely talented back. Maybe a little bit like LT as well. The level of acceleration is right on par with those guys, but Michael is quite a bit more physical. Still needs to learn to pass block and will have work to do as a receiver, but man this kid is a talented runner.
    vin.couve12
    NET Veteran

Previous

It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:22 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information