At 62, Seattle selects: Christine Michael, RB Texas A&M

mikeak

Reaction score
I see someone that will keep Harvin from returning all the punts, kick-offs
Every team needs a third running back
Starter / backup 2015
Hopefully doesn't lead with the crown of the helmet :)

Best player available? I don't know but good teams should pick the best and not necessary most skilled.. I do think the move down states that they had several players ranked pretty equally...

Atradees

Reaction score
Waterhawk1":8fghb7pt said:
You guys are going to think I am nuts, but the first time I see this kid on the his highlights he reminds me of Barry Sanders. I just looked up his Heisman highlite season and they both run alike. I am not saying that Christine will be anything like Barry Sanders, but they sure run in the same stop and accelerate type of style, both very smooth and use good leverage.

This and those compact frames and huge thighs.

cockeyhawk

Reaction score
I was thinking about a running back for the seahawks for a while now. I hope to god lynch does not go down this seaon, but atleast we have a one two punch to go in now. This is much better then last years situation as leon could'nt run out of formation for squat. I feel comfortable if lynchs back acts up for a couple weeks. That we have 2 backs that can carry the load.

drdiags

Reaction score
His injuries and the benching after the turn-over of coaching staff has folks like Gil Brandt calling this a risky pick. I think it makes sense with how NFL teams tend to play their running backs nowadays. I remember wondering what the Saints were thinking when they picked a RB in the 1st round while already having 2 stud running backs.

Michael's highlight video had me thinking of Leon Washington returning punts that made the difference in several games, like the Patriots game. I understand Tate will now be the starting punt returner for now. I would like to see Christine takeover that job if he can handle it.

Getting Harvin was huge but having to cut Washington could be a big subtraction. Whether it works out or not, who knows. Not a draftnik so I cannot claim to have insights on whether the pick is worth the angst some have. I like it myself.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
I still remember the offense shutting down when Lynch got hurt for that 6-3 Browns game. The OL is better now and Turbin is a good backup but Michael has the potential to be a starter in this league. I don't think it's a bad idea to stockpile talent in this league, with rookie contracts being so valuable -- what's to stop us from trading Turbin if he has another solid year. I see the Jets gave up a draft pick for Chris Ivory.

The Outfield

Reaction score
polarbill1999":3sergmw8 said:
5'10" 220
4.43 40-9th ranked from combine
43" vert-1st
6.69 3 cone-1st
27 reps-3rd
4.02 shuttle-1st
125" broad-2nd

This kid is a freak athlete.

K. Holy crap.

Young2Rice

Reaction score
Solid pick up. You guys have Lynch and Turbin, the bruisers, and now a little 5' 10'' scat back with some power. Reminds me of LaMichael James last year.

This is a luxury pick. You addressed the needs in free agency (Avril, Harvin and Bennet).

Some around here should trust the GM in SEA.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Young2Rice":vs2q50er said:
Solid pick up. You guys have Lynch and Turbin, the bruisers, and now a little 5' 10'' scat back with some power. Reminds me of LaMichael James last year.

This is a luxury pick. You addressed the needs in free agency (Avril, Harvin and Bennet).

:thirishdrinkers:

Young2Rice

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":2nkuyxz6 said:
Young2Rice":2nkuyxz6 said:

:thirishdrinkers:

I hate to say it but he could be #2 by the end of it.

Him plus Harvin.... ughh

This truly is an arms race because with him and Harvin, now we need speed at the edges, badly.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
Never hurts to have another guy that has the ability to score on an explosive play when he has the ball in his hands. Especially after Lynch and Turbo wear out the defenders.

Offense is pretty stacked.

Mick063

Reaction score
They have to give this guy some touches. I like Turbin a heck of a lot more than Jones or Forsett , but Turbin simply isn't in the same class as this kid.

There is a reason why Turbin lasted until round four and a reason why Michael went in round two. Michael is about 60 picks better and it jumps out at you on the highlight reels.

Freaking explosive.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
OK, someone with photo editing skills needs to juxtapose a picture of Michael and one of Turbin side by side, with similar angles and captured at similar moments.

(edit) Here's my attempt at it:

ChristineMichael1 zps061faaeeRobertTurbin1 zpsffa258aa

ChristineMichael2 zpsa63508b7RobertTurbin2 zpse3c4f246

ChristineMichael3 zpse9142a29RobertTurbin3 zpsece864a0

BigNastyyy

Reaction score
With the new helmet rules on RB's I wouldn't be surprised if Pete wanted to make a move for a shifty make you miss type RB to get away from the bruising styles of Lynch and Turbin. Just adapting to the new rule flag football league

Shock2k

Reaction score
BlueTalon":1ree23di said:
OK, someone with photo editing skills needs to juxtapose a picture of Michael and one of Turbin side by side, with similar angles and captured at similar moments.

BI1qvl CAAA dpb
76774.jpg

pinksheets

Reaction score
I'm not a scout type at all like some of the posters here, but I have to say that I get really excited when we add a guy who is really excited about being a Seahawk. Speaks to our organization and to how likely the kid is to put in the effort here. I'm sold on this kid from what the smart people are saying and just the general vibes.

chevelle03

Reaction score
I was a bit shocked with this pick as well. Before the draft, I was thinking that RB would be the last thing we would take in the second round. But the more I read, the better this pick sounds.

First off, we did have a spot on the roster for an RB considering Leon is gone. Plus, I think this will give Turbin some motivation. If he went into his second season feeling that he was entrenched as the second running back he may not have worked as hard. It's all about competetion.

This is offense is now stacked with talent. If we had injuries at RB or WR last year we would have been hurting, but this year we should be able to withstand them.

Drafting down to get this guy was a coup as well. Just six picks down to get two extra picks?! That had to score hugely in our favor on the new Draft value charts. This draft is all about depth for us, and now we've got plenty of picks to put quality players behind all of our starters.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
pinksheets":2ygjsdrw said:
I'm not a scout type at all like some of the posters here, but I have to say that I get really excited when we add a guy who is really excited about being a Seahawk. Speaks to our organization and to how likely the kid is to put in the effort here. I'm sold on this kid from what the smart people are saying and just the general vibes.
The cynic in me says all draftees are excited about being members of their new teams (at least publicly).

But he seemed to be hooked after visiting here, so in this case I wholeheartedly agree with you.

chevelle03

Reaction score
pinksheets":39b1erjh said:

and another reason I like this pick. Seattle is becoming the place to be! Crazy how fast Schneider and Carroll have transformed this organization.