Second Day: Who's Left?

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
kearly":2p031ysc said:
The more I think about it the more I find myself hoping for Christine Michael. He just makes too much sense in a long term view. As much as I'd LOVE to get Swope, he'd be our 5th receiver this year most likely, and he might serve to push Golden Tate out the door in 2014, which is a very bad thing.

There are very few players left that I'd soil my drawers for if we got them at #56, but there are a lot of good picks sitting out there. I'm actually hoping for Seattle to trade down and get as many top 150 picks as they possibly can, because I fully expect some great options in rounds 3-5.

I'm definitely on board with the Christine Michael pick. Might be tough because 56 might be too early, but he will most likely not last til our 3rd round pick. I'd still pull the trigger at 56 though. His athleticism is uncanny and he wants to be a Hawk. Sounds like a good mix to me. Plus, Lynch is not going to be around forever

Sturm

Reaction score
Keenan Allen would be a great replacement for Rice next year if they can't restructure his contract. He's got the size and the speed to be a red zone threat. In fact, if the QB over at Cal didn't suck so much, Allen would probably be going much higher.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":25bnulo4 said:
kearly":25bnulo4 said:
The more I think about it the more I find myself hoping for Christine Michael. He just makes too much sense in a long term view. As much as I'd LOVE to get Swope, he'd be our 5th receiver this year most likely, and he might serve to push Golden Tate out the door in 2014, which is a very bad thing.

There are very few players left that I'd soil my drawers for if we got them at #56, but there are a lot of good picks sitting out there. I'm actually hoping for Seattle to trade down and get as many top 150 picks as they possibly can, because I fully expect some great options in rounds 3-5.

I'm definitely on board with the Christine Michael pick. Might be tough because 56 might be too early, but he will most likely not last til our 3rd round pick. I'd still pull the trigger at 56 though. His athleticism is uncanny and he wants to be a Hawk. Sounds like a good mix to me. Plus, Lynch is not going to be around forever

Could be worth taking someone else at 56, and then trading one of our 5ths to move up a bit in the 3rd and take Michael?

Thunderhawk

Reaction score
kearly":26jy6d4k said:

Not sure I'd want quantity over quality when many of these players will find it tough to supplant our vets. Why not trade up for a difference maker, assuming there is one left, and let Schneider work his magic in the 5-7 rounds?

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
JSeahawks":xf7xin6r said:
I'd like an offensive weapon: Woods, Allen, Swope or Ertz. Maybe even a Marcus Wheaton, although he'd probably be there in rd 3.

I'd also consider Melenik Watson, Kiko Alonso, and Khaseem green.

Completely agree with the offensive weapon thing.. UNLESS.. Arthur Brown is there. I just love Arthur Brown though. Like you love Ducks. Okay maybe not that much, but I really like the guy ;)

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
kearly":21cncxe7 said:

Disagree. Drafting a WR this year seems to be a very smart idea considering the amount of talent available at that position this year. And with this FO that always seems to be 2 steps ahead and thinking progressively, I think we should absolutely entertain picking a WR at 56 - or even moving up for one.

Golden Tate may be pushed out the door by Percy Harvin and contracts we need to divy out to defensive players .. not a draft choice.

horns_n_hawks

Reaction score
I think Michael should definitely be there at our pick, only 3-4 teams are really looking for a RB, and one of them is the pick before ours. Lacy is still available, as is Lattimore and Bernard. I think we'll have lots of options at #56 if we don't trade back, which I see us doing if we can find someone to trade us anything good.

horns_n_hawks

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":12k5ouiq said:
kearly":12k5ouiq said:

Disagree. Drafting a WR this year seems to be a very smart idea considering the amount of talent available at that position this year. And with this FO that always seems to be 2 steps ahead and thinking progressively, I think we should absolutely entertain picking a WR at 56 - or even moving up for one.

Golden Tate may be pushed out the door by Percy Harvin and contracts we need to divy out to defensive players .. not a draft choice.

This is the main reason I could see us going WR @ #56 as well. Should Woods or Allen or Swope or Ertz be available at our pick, I think the FO would think hard about trading down for some more capital or pulling the trigger on another offensive weapon. That's the beauty of our lack of serious needs, and knowing that we're going to have to start paying several proven players here soon.

kigenzun

Reaction score
I wanted Ryan Swope, but I am happy with Christine Michael. We needed to depth at RB in case Marshawn goes down for any extended length of time due to injury. And Michael is a special player. He will likely be our #2 RB by the end of training camp. Now, I'm hoping to re-unite him with Swope on Day 3 at pick #123. :D