Does Pete retire after winning a Super Bowl?

Rainger

Reaction score
Pete is now either the oldest or near oldest coach in the NFL. Part of his drive to build this team is because he was dissed by the league and media after his first tenure's in NY and NE. He wants to prove them all wrong.

It goes along way to explaining why he wants to bring in people that feel they have been dissed so they will play twice as hard to prove themselves. (sheman/browner/lynch/wilson etc)

I appreciate that Pete has his Win Forever philosphy and he wants to build a self sustaining system of excellence in Seattle but the question is once Pete accomplishes a Super Bowl win to go along with his NCAA championship, does he deceide he proved the media and others wrong and pulls the plug?

Now personally I hope that day never happens but if it takes Seattle say 2 more years to win the SB (I want it this year) will Pete pull the plug or do you think he will want to stay for the ride for the next 5 years with this group and those he brings in and goes for 2 - 3 more SB's

I think if Seattle wins it all this year or next he will stay around for a few more years but if it takes 2 to 3 more years for us to get the SB he may retire after. Your thoughts

m0ng0

Reaction score
I think Pete will coach until its just not fun for him anymore, you can clearly see he is enjoying himself as of right now.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
I friggen hope not. I think we're built to make a run for the next five years, I think Pete stays for at least the next 4.

Hawken-Dazs

Reaction score
Coughlin is super old and has won a couple titles, yet he's still coaching.

mikeak

Reaction score
Some people are 55 and look and act tired and old. Others will be 80 and be young at heart filled with energy. I see PC as the young 80 year old. I dod think maybe he will bring in good talent under him and be able to work "less" but he really looks like he is having fun and he is either deceiving us all or will continue simply until he is not having fun............

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":ft9pt3ss said:
RolandDeschain":ft9pt3ss said:
Pretty sure he wants to go out with the "dynasty" moniker associated with him.

this. When you've built a team like he and JS have, you want to win several with them while you can, then you retire either when you lose several key players, or when the team starts to decline.

I actually expect PC to turn over a stacked roster to the next in line (possibly Dan Quinn). However, I don't see him retiring until coaching either kills him or he's got 3 rings on his hand. (I think the latter is more probable.)

themunn

Reaction score
Win Forever doesn't really hold true if what you really mean is "win once"

Austin Hawk

Reaction score
While I hope that Carroll stays for longer, I believe he WILL retire once he wins a Super Bowl. Just a gut feeling.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Pete is way too much of a driven type A personality to retire. He's gonna coach until they pry the laminated play card out of his cold dead hands.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
rainger":nflnmfw7 said:
Pete is now either the oldest or near oldest coach in the NFL. Part of his drive to build this team is because he was dissed by the league and media after his first tenure's in NY and NE. He wants to prove them all wrong.

It goes along way to explaining why he wants to bring in people that feel they have been dissed so they will play twice as hard to prove themselves. (sheman/browner/lynch/wilson etc) sheman?

I appreciate that Pete has his Win Forever philosphy and he wants to build a self sustaining system of excellence in Seattle but the question is once Pete accomplishes a Super Bowl win to go along with his NCAA championship, does he deceide he proved the media and others wrong and pulls the plug?
That is a complete grabbed-out-of-thin-air (or from between your cheeks) assumption, and then you use that assumption to conclude something that has a much better explanation.

Pete couldn't give two rat-craps about what people think of him, and he isn't the least bit interested in proving people wrong for being "dissed" by the league. If you read his book, you'll understand that being let go from those two teams, in those circumstances, were essential in his going through the process of discovering himself. And, by the way, Pete himself doesn't think they were wrong for letting him go -- why the hell would that be a motivating factor at all, let alone now?

Rat

Reaction score
If it's next year, no. If it's in 4-5 years, I think there's a decent chance, and I wouldn't blame him.

Bakergirl

Reaction score
m0ng0":2hf81gew said:
I think Pete will coach until its just not fun for him anymore, you can clearly see he is enjoying himself as of right now.

Pete may seem old on paper, but he's young at heart and I think he's doing this job not just to prove anything to anyone, but because he genuinely loves the game and he loves the energy associated with being the young team he has built. I don't see Pete retiring any time soon.

ivotuk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":6ylrsgrh said:
RolandDeschain":6ylrsgrh said:
Pretty sure he wants to go out with the "dynasty" moniker associated with him.

this. When you've built a team like he and JS have, you want to win several with them while you can, then you retire either when you lose several key players, or when the team starts to decline.

pLUS pLUS one one. Remember, his mantra is "Win Forever" not "Win a Superbowl" with emphasis on the "a." We want to win "Superbowls" plural! Besides, I'm sure he wants to leave no doubt that his philosophy is a good one.

sutz

Reaction score
Not after one, especially if we make it this year. He has more to prove than one and done. He wants a run here like he had at Southern Cal.

And like was said above, he's still having a lot of fun. He'll go another 5 years, at least, IMHO, maybe 10.

sprhawk

Reaction score
sutz":2knadmk5 said:
Not after one, especially if we make it this year. He has more to prove than one and done. He wants a run here like he had at Southern Cal.

And like was said above, he's still having a lot of fun. He'll go another 5 years, at least, IMHO, maybe 10.

Yeah I agree, it's a lot harder for a coach to get into trouble in the NFL well unless they bust him for handing out adderall LOL :roll:

:179422: :woohoo:

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
sprhawk":32t84wgt said:
sutz":32t84wgt said:

Yeah I agree, it's a lot harder for a coach to get into trouble in the NFL well unless they bust him for handing out adderall LOL :roll:

:179422: :woohoo:

So, which team do you really cheer for? Because it's obviously not the Seahawks.