NBA returning to Seattle?

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. RATING: PG-13
Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:07 pm
  • Throwdown wrote:Get a girlfriend lol

Imma choke half my Facebook friends for acting like bitches

Imma choke a certain .Net friend for actually being a bitch.

Hey what Roland does on the board has nothing to do with me

I will Wayne Brady yo ass!

What about Marcia Brady and all? At's what I'm talkin about. She partied on acid and ****ed guys.
    DOES THE NATIONAL MEDIA WANT THE SEAHAWKS TO IMPLODE?
    http://cover32.com/seahawks/2014/10/29/ ... o-implode/
    Lords of Scythia
    NET Veteran

Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:21 pm
  • RealDeal wrote:@ Blitzer

Look at it this way. How rich is our group? ? How did they get that rich?? Ok now think about this....

Why would our group give 30mill cash down plus go and buy all the land that they did, if they did not know something. Plus how much all the fees for court and lawyers. these guys are businessmen here to make money not lose it. they have been working on this for a long time we don't know what they had work out prior to going public for all we know this is all been done since the beginning. plus if you remember a few months before all this became public Stern himself said he would do anything in his power to get a team back in Seattle before he retires. just think of all the stuff he had said when we lost the Sonics he blew smoke up everybody's butt everyday. stern just needs to make it look like he is giving them a chance. the group we have here in Seattle is way too strong with way too much money to just walk away from these men are here to win not lose.

I'm not so sure they're all that smart. If they end up with the team, they're going to massively overpay for a cash-hemmoraging charity case franchise that nobody goes to see, that will never be remotely worth what they paid for it.
    Lords of Scythia
    NET Veteran

Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:46 pm
  • Lords of Scythia wrote:
    RealDeal wrote:@ Blitzer

Look at it this way. How rich is our group? ? How did they get that rich?? Ok now think about this....

Why would our group give 30mill cash down plus go and buy all the land that they did, if they did not know something. Plus how much all the fees for court and lawyers. these guys are businessmen here to make money not lose it. they have been working on this for a long time we don't know what they had work out prior to going public for all we know this is all been done since the beginning. plus if you remember a few months before all this became public Stern himself said he would do anything in his power to get a team back in Seattle before he retires. just think of all the stuff he had said when we lost the Sonics he blew smoke up everybody's butt everyday. stern just needs to make it look like he is giving them a chance. the group we have here in Seattle is way too strong with way too much money to just walk away from these men are here to win not lose.

I'm not so sure they're all that smart. If they end up with the team, they're going to massively overpay for a cash-hemmoraging charity case franchise that nobody goes to see, that will never be remotely worth what they paid for it.

With all due respect Lords, why aint you rich?? :stirthepot:

My luck is Lords will turn out to be Paul Allen incognito :shock:
    Why is it when I try to come off as a smart ass, the opposite happens? :-(
    grizbob
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Location: Born in Oakharbor, raised in the west, sentenced to life in St George

Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:14 pm
  • SonicHawk wrote:
    pinksheets wrote:A relocation vote should come down to:
    Would you rather own an NBA franchise in Seattle or Sacramento?

That’s the question the NBA owners will be answering FOR another owner.

How would they vote if it were for their own team?

I don’t think there’d be a single ‘no’ vote if that were the criteria. Seattle is the easy choice. Even Ranadive and Mastrov would jump at the chance to own this team in Seattle as opposed to Sacramento.

This is an extremely complicated vote.

Pro-Seattle:
    A sturdy ownership group that has all it's ducks in a row.
    Top 15 market (remember that new upcoming TV deal)
    Would pay into profit sharing instead of receiving.
    Built-in fanbase
    New arena is very far along and ready to break ground almost immediately
    Already have a purchase agreement

Pro-Sacramento:
    Political and fan support
    Good ownership group
    Probably able to build arena almost as quickly
    Team already is in Sacramento

Honestly, I would hate to be the NBA making this decision. The only win-win is immediate expansion for Seattle while Sacramento stays and that's incredibly unlikely.

Stern has given Sacramento every opportunity to keep the team and I think Sacramento almost has done enough, but it's not without alienating Seattle.

It's my understanding the Sac arena group doesn't even own all the necessary property, and does not have city approval. Their arena deal is years behind ours.
    Lords of Scythia
    NET Veteran

Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:16 pm
  • grizbob wrote:
    Lords of Scythia wrote:
    RealDeal wrote:@ Blitzer

With all due respect Lords, why aint you rich?? :stirthepot:

My luck is Lords will turn out to be Paul Allen incognito :shock:

Ha ha. I wish. I'll have a barbeque on the slave farm and you're all invited. ;)
    Lords of Scythia
    NET Veteran

Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:45 pm
  • Seattle SuperSonics ‏@BringBackSonics 6m
    Per @Kjrmitch: David Stern goes to KJ behind closed doors and says sorry, you're not going to win. The owners aren't going to deny the move.

I want to believe...
    Skittles - The candy of champions.
    Seahawksfan425
    NET Veteran

Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:23 pm
  • Seahawksfan425 wrote:
    Seattle SuperSonics ‏@BringBackSonics 6m
    Per @Kjrmitch: David Stern goes to KJ behind closed doors and says sorry, you're not going to win. The owners aren't going to deny the move.

I want to believe...

That was a theory the Mitch was talking about earlier today on his radio show and I too wish that this scenario played out, but I doubt it.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:13 pm
  • Stern wants to play this out. He has got a lot of people in two cities sweating and waiting for him and this is EXACTLY WHERE HE WANTS TO BE. We'll have to wait until he has his limp orgasm or whatever before he finally decides to expidite the thing, like he should've done last week.
    Lords of Scythia
    NET Veteran

Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:26 am
  • David Stern is evil. The solution is simple NBA. Retire Stern, and give us an expansion franchise and the #1 pick for stealing Kevin Durant & Co.
    We don't want the Kings, and we don't want nothing... so give us what you owe us... fire David Stern... and let us have our own 'start over from scratch expansion franchise' back.
    kigenzun
    NET Starter

Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:42 am
  • Stern leaves in Feb 2014
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:16 am
  • kigenzun wrote:David Stern is evil. The solution is simple NBA. Retire Stern, and give us an expansion franchise and the #1 pick for stealing Kevin Durant & Co.
    We don't want the Kings, and we don't want nothing... so give us what you owe us... fire David Stern... and let us have our own 'start over from scratch expansion franchise' back.

I for one do not want an expansion team. The league is watered down enough already.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:26 am
  • CALIHAWK1 wrote:
    kigenzun wrote:David Stern is evil. The solution is simple NBA. Retire Stern, and give us an expansion franchise and the #1 pick for stealing Kevin Durant & Co.

I for one do not want an expansion team. The league is watered down enough already.

Same. And on top of that, we'd likely have to wait an additional 1-2 years for an expansion team.
    The Outfield
    NET Veteran

Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:27 am
  • I want the kings more now then I did, the reason is cause Sacramento fans and KJ keep throwing us seattle people under the bus. So I have no shame in taking the kings.
    RealDeal
    NET Practice Squad

Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:29 am
  • What ever it takes, and soon I hope :180670:
    Why is it when I try to come off as a smart ass, the opposite happens? :-(
    grizbob
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Location: Born in Oakharbor, raised in the west, sentenced to life in St George

Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:24 pm
  • Very interesting series of twits from Tim Montemayor, don't know what to think of them:

Tim Montemayor ‏@TheMontyShow 9m
    There is an effort to satisfy both cities in the #NBAKings saga: I am told there is a plan being talked about where #Seattle would …

Tim Montemayor ‏@TheMontyShow 7m
    …get an expansion team in 2014/2015 and most of the requirements for that process are already met through the current situation #NBAKings

Tim Montemayor ‏@TheMontyShow 6m
    The #NBA has gone to great lengths to find a way to satisfy both situations without creating more “disfunction and animosity” in either city

Tim Montemayor ‏@TheMontyShow 4m
    The lone sticking point is the #Seattle groups willingness to wait another year which I am told they have fought hard against #NBAKings

Tim Montemayor ‏@TheMontyShow 2m
    I have also confirmed via two sources that David Stern has told #Seattle this is the only path that assures an #NBA return to the market

Tim Montemayor ‏@TheMontyShow 1m
    Stern has made it clear he will not push or force any other club to relocate to #Seattle he feels the process is bad 4 all parties involved

Tim Montemayor ‏@TheMontyShow 38s
    If the #Seattle chooses to move ahead with the #NBAKings #Stern told them “it’s would be tough to overcome Sacramento’s obvious advantage”

Team is there, strong group, KJ, and fan support RT @mtmoore55: what’s the “obvious advantage”?! I’m slow! @TheMontyShow

I was told the day #Seattle signed w/ Maloofs that they would have to double they strongest points of Sacramento to get team, have they? No
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:28 pm
  • Blitzer88 wrote:Very interesting series of twits from Tim Montemayor, don't know what to think of them:

I have also confirmed via two sources that David Stern has told #Seattle this is the only path that assures an #NBA return to the market

Wait, am I translating this right? Sounds like: "expansion is the only way you're ever getting a team in Seattle again, so kiss those Kings goodbye and hope the next commissioner's nice enough to consider expanding a league that can't really afford it."

Wonderful.
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Les Norton - gone but never forgotten. Rest in blue and green peace, my friend.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:34 pm
  • Seahawk Sailor wrote:
    Blitzer88 wrote:Very interesting series of twits from Tim Montemayor, don't know what to think of them:

Wait, am I translating this right? Sounds like: "expansion is the only way you're ever getting a team in Seattle again, so kiss those Kings goodbye and hope the next commissioner's nice enough to consider expanding a league that can't really afford it."

Wonderful.

Thats how I read it. I hate Stern!
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

• I would love an expansion team, if that's deal then the Kings stay and Seattle waits 1 more year for the Sonics
    Shaz
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

• He's also from the Bay Area and was on with Brock Huard a few weeks back, dude sounds like a wack job.

IMO anyone claiming sources right now is talking out their ass, NBA is on hush til the decision in May.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:40 pm
  • Throwdown wrote:He's also from the Bay Area and was on with Brock Huard a few weeks back, dude sounds like a wack job.

IMO anyone claiming sources right now is talking out their ass, NBA is on hush til the decision in May.

This.

Also:

If the #Seattle chooses to move ahead with the #NBAKings #Stern told them “it’s would be tough to overcome Sacramento’s obvious advantage”

All credibility is lost with this. Sactown has no obvious advantage. At all. All they have is the sentimentality angle, and we all know the NBA gives too craps about that.
    ----------------------------
    "Plus I hate the seattle stadium the **** place is too loud, gave me a headache watchin the game." ~ Some 9er fan
    JOz56
    NET Veteran

Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:49 pm
  • JOz56 wrote:
    Throwdown wrote:He's also from the Bay Area and was on with Brock Huard a few weeks back, dude sounds like a wack job.

This.

Also:

All credibility is lost with this. Sactown has no obvious advantage. At all. All they have is the sentimentality angle, and we all know the NBA gives too craps about that.

"Sacramento's obvious advantage?" Last I knew, drugs that damaging were still illegal. Let's see: Better arena plans? Nope. Better ownership structure? Nope. Larger market? Nope. Hell, they don't even have the sentimentality angle. I'd bet the Sonics are still viewed much more favorably than the Kings in terms of sentimentality everywhere outside of Sacramento proper. Stern didn't have credibility before. That just says he doesn't give a shit about what he say or does.
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Les Norton - gone but never forgotten. Rest in blue and green peace, my friend.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:55 pm
  • The only advantage they have is being the incumbent city, the Kings have been told to go about business as usual and prepare for next season as if they were in Sacramento though, theres that for you.

But I'm pretty sure Hansen's been given the go ahead too as he's reaching deals to get the Key ready, and they have 41 dates (probably playoff dates too) on hold.

IMO, I wouldn't read into anything strongly until MAYBE after Friday when the recommendation is made, we may get some news, maybe not. The NBA owners are incredible when it comes to being on gag order, they'll say a lot and still say nothing.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:41 pm
  • :thcoffee:
    dunceface
    NET Veteran

Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:37 pm
  • Next Tuesday, the master use permit gets filed and the EIS draft is coming in June.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:49 pm
  • Throwdown wrote:Next Tuesday, the master use permit gets filed and the EIS draft is coming in June.

"Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:55 pm
  • U scurred
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:02 am
  • i heard on kjr that hansen and co are willing to give every kings employee a 18 month severage package at full pay. damn nba what the hell are you missing here
    God Bless America and God Bless the SEATTLE SEAHAWKS - TEZ

Mike Bullene ‏@12thManM1ke 45m
    @TDESPN Though, you did say the other night you cannot win the SB riding a defense. Even though you are literally the poster child for that. --twittered back at dilfer after he tried to slam hawks fans.
    hawkcrazzed
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:14 am
  • Reports that recommendation won't be made until Mon-Wed...................
    The Outfield
    NET Veteran

Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:48 am
  • The Outfield wrote:Reports that recommendation won't be made until Mon-Wed...................

After the recommendation is made, the Board of Governors will be able to vote on the issue after seven business days have passed, making May 8th the earliest possible day that the Kings saga can be officially finalized.

And the state senator that was present and helped make the pitch to the board is now trying to push a bill to speed up the arena timeline.

Regarding arena timelines, Sen. Darrell Steinberg introduced a bill yesterday that could possibly help expedite the environmental review process for Sacramento's downtown arena. The bill, called SB 731, rewrites part of the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) to reduce the amount of lawsuits on projects like the arena. Steinberg told the Bee that he sent a copy of the bill to the NBA.

Link: http://www.sactownroyalty.com/2013/4/25 ... tal-review
    Marvin49 wrote:Ok. I have to admit. That's messed up.

You win.
    Laloosh
    NET Veteran

Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:04 am
  • The Outfield wrote:Reports that recommendation won't be made until Mon-Wed...................

Son of a..........I HATE DAVID STERN!
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:58 am
  • Stern is up on the stage in his little white primadonna tutu. The spotlights are on and millions of fans in two different cities are watching him. You think Stern wants to give this up? HELL NO. He wants to milk out this moment until he has his little-girl limp orgasm.
    Lords of Scythia
    NET Veteran

Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:30 am
  • thats fine

we're still getting the team :)
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:44 am
  • Throwdown wrote:thats fine

we're still getting the team :)

Time will tell. Here's to hoping you're right. :179422:
    Marvin49 wrote:Ok. I have to admit. That's messed up.

You win.
    Laloosh
    NET Veteran

Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:44 pm
  • Stern's doing a desperate dance to look good, to the nation and each city. I'm leaning towards Sac getting a conditional expansion team out of this. Hansen won't, and rightfully so, accept that offer. And, I can't see other owners restricting a sale. Bad, bad, bad business.
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:49 pm
  • pehawk wrote:Stern's doing a desperate dance to look good, to the nation and each city. I'm leaning towards Sac getting a conditional expansion team out of this. Hansen won't, and rightfully so, accept that offer. And, I can't see other owners restricting a sale. Bad, bad, bad business.

I really think our ace in all this is Silver, the commish in waiting, he's been very friendly with Seattle in the past and still is now whenever asked questions about it, him and the owners who know abut business.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:14 pm

Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:41 pm
  • Wait, did I just read that a Senator rewrote a bill expressly for the purpose of making it easier to build a new stadium so a sports franchise could be retained? Thank goodness California doesn't have any more pressing issues on the docket than the Sacramento Kings.
    President of the Perfect Parents Society - est. 2013
    JesterHawk
    * Smackmeister *

Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:56 pm
  • lol is it just me or that video of balmer he just seems giddy as hell.
    God Bless America and God Bless the SEATTLE SEAHAWKS - TEZ

Mike Bullene ‏@12thManM1ke 45m
    @TDESPN Though, you did say the other night you cannot win the SB riding a defense. Even though you are literally the poster child for that. --twittered back at dilfer after he tried to slam hawks fans.
    hawkcrazzed
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:04 pm
  • hawkcrazzed wrote:lol is it just me or that video of balmer he just seems giddy as hell.

I really haven't watched interviews with Ballmer to see if he's always like this, but he seems to be avoiding eye contact, like he's hiding something
    The Outfield
    NET Veteran

Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:42 pm
  • The Outfield wrote:
    hawkcrazzed wrote:lol is it just me or that video of balmer he just seems giddy as hell.

he seems to be avoiding eye contact, like he's hiding something

I do that when I'm high.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:10 pm
  • Ballmer seemed pretty giddy, I'll take that as a positive.
    seahawk2k
    NET Veteran

Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:04 pm
  • Stern wants center stage, sharing with the NFL this weekend and being on page 4 in sporting news is not where he wants his mug shot.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:09 pm
  • The Outfield wrote:
    hawkcrazzed wrote:lol is it just me or that video of balmer he just seems giddy as hell.

I really haven't watched interviews with Ballmer to see if he's always like this, but he seems to be avoiding eye contact, like he's hiding something

You don't become a CEO of a giant company without being able to look someone straight in the eye when you're bullshitting them. Dudes like Ballmer don't have tells.
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:54 pm
  • pinksheets wrote:
    The Outfield wrote:

You don't become a CEO of a giant company without being able to look someone straight in the eye when you're bullshitting them. Dudes like Ballmer don't have tells.

True.

Guys like that, the big time CEO's, they usually have varying degrees of sociopathic, narcissistic, antisocial personality disorders, intermittent explosive disorder, etc.

You could never tell if he was lying or not. No way.
    So you think you can tell Heaven from Hell, blue skies from pain. Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail? A smile from a veil?
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:41 pm
  • Guys like that have disorganized psychopath bleeding-orifice-f^^king syndrome (in which the subject endures deep fantasies of raping and killing, and raping again, his own mother). We clear?
    Lords of Scythia
    NET Veteran

Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:54 am
  • So NBA...

would you like to put a team in Seattle?

or keep a team in Sacramento?

pinksheets
    NET Veteran

Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:11 pm

Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:31 pm
  • no, thats the original batman directed by Tim Burton
    RynoHawk
    NET Rookie

Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:04 pm