Guinness, Jameson, and Percy Harvin

NYCoug

Reaction score
I'm taking a page out of John Schneider's playbook tonight and watching Percy Harvin highlight videos on Youtube during the draft, with it on the TV in the background. Still gotta keep the TV on though because you can never sleep when John Schneider and Pete Carroll are at work, just ask Russell Wilson, apparently he's got notimeforit. One minute you could get up and walk to the pisser for not quite a piss and by the time you come back the Seahawks will have traded up to the #13 spot, drafted some kid you never heard of, gotten a half sweetheart/half jedi mind trick deal of a trade in the process, and already gotten canned by Mel Kiper and some dude from Bleacher Report.

In all seriousness though, this is a great day. It's a draft where the Seahawks won't have a 1st round draft pick but don't even need one. This draft is filled, almost loaded with future solid NFL contributors, despite being void of many sure-thing superstars. It's the 1 draft to NOT have a 1st in, especially #25. To get Percy Harvin for the #25 pick in THIS YEAR'S DRAFT, looks even more amazing. I wasn't a huge fan of trading for Percy the person, but Percy the player is definitely worth the #25 pick in this draft for what he brings to the team. No question about it, in my opinion.

So on this day, what will all you fine folks be doing to celebrate the rise of your Seattle Seahawks? Let it sink in. The Hawks don't have a first round pick in this year's draft, and you could hardly care less. You share the same enthusiasm for the season to start tomorrow as the player's, coaches, and front office people do. It's an amazing thing that's been built here and what makes it feel so great is that it was built from scratch. "The right way." The job isn't done but I'm gonna take today to just chill and hang out with other Hawks fans at Carlow East in NYC for their draft party (any 12's in the area should stop by, should be a good time) and just gush about the future and how bright it is and how much I love this team and all the endless possible formations on offense and defense we'll see next year... ahhh... like Golden Tate said, it's giving me goosebumps just thinking about it!

So how's everyone else going to be celebrating how great it is to be a Hawks fan/rooting for the Niners to absolutely blow their draft. If there is an AJ Jenkins in this year's draft... may he reveal himself in Red and Gold tonight!

jammerhawk

Reaction score
A nice honey brown ale or some dark and dirty.

It's especially sweet to know our 1st rd pick this year is a per oven NFL star whereas several of these 1 st round draft picks will have big questions to answer.

sainthawk29

Reaction score
I had a similar plan, minsus guinness. However, my daughter informed me last night her school is doing family bingo night, and she really wants to go. Given the no first round pick, I am fine giving up the draft tonight to play bingo with an 8 year old.

As a draft-o-holic, I would like to thank JS and PC for making these moments possible, because I just trust them so much.

tacomahawk

Reaction score
A couple of growlers of fine local beverage, a delicious pizza, and later taking the wife on Mr Toad's wild ride.

EMTHawkfan

Reaction score
tacomahawk":8gf0c6kg said:
A couple of growlers of fine local beverage, a delicious pizza, and later taking the wife on Mr Toad's wild ride.

A quote from Debra on E L R??...love that show!!!

I will be on the way back with my daughter from her softball game listening to ESPN radio and enjoying some sort of fast food cuisine...we both love the Hawks and enjoy the draft process...probably only miss an hour or so before we get home...on duty tomorrow for a 24 HR shift so my hope is for some downtime for the draft if the fine people in our 2 county coverage area can find it in their hearts... :thirishdrinkers:

Hawknballs

Reaction score
won't be doing much today but tomorrow taking the day off to get some stuff done around the house,t hen have some people over for rounds 2 and 3 and bbqing some burgers and dogs and probably drinking too much tullamore dew.

kobebryant

Reaction score
I was planning on skipping out on my mens league hoops game until the Percy trade. Now, I'm free to go play hoops tonight and check my phone periodically to keep up with the draft.

And then tomorrow I'm all in for the Hawks and it should be done around 7-8 so plenty off time to givrr on Friday night.

falcongoggles

Reaction score
NYCoug":29pim7if said:
I'm taking a page out of John Schneider's playbook tonight and watching Percy Harvin highlight videos on Youtube during the draft, with it on the TV in the background. Still gotta keep the TV on though because you can never sleep when John Schneider and Pete Carroll are at work, just ask Russell Wilson, apparently he's got notimeforit. One minute you could get up and walk to the pisser for not quite a piss and by the time you come back the Seahawks will have traded up to the #13 spot, drafted some kid you never heard of, gotten a half sweetheart/half jedi mind trick deal of a trade in the process, and already gotten canned by Mel Kiper and some dude from Bleacher Report.

In all seriousness though, this is a great day. It's a draft where the Seahawks won't have a 1st round draft pick but don't even need one. This draft is filled, almost loaded with future solid NFL contributors, despite being void of many sure-thing superstars. It's the 1 draft to NOT have a 1st in, especially #25. To get Percy Harvin for the #25 pick in THIS YEAR'S DRAFT, looks even more amazing. I wasn't a huge fan of trading for Percy the person, but Percy the player is definitely worth the #25 pick in this draft for what he brings to the team. No question about it, in my opinion.

So on this day, what will all you fine folks be doing to celebrate the rise of your Seattle Seahawks? Let it sink in. The Hawks don't have a first round pick in this year's draft, and you could hardly care less. You share the same enthusiasm for the season to start tomorrow as the player's, coaches, and front office people do. It's an amazing thing that's been built here and what makes it feel so great is that it was built from scratch. "The right way." The job isn't done but I'm gonna take today to just chill and hang out with other Hawks fans at Carlow East in NYC for their draft party (any 12's in the area should stop by, should be a good time) and just gush about the future and how bright it is and how much I love this team and all the endless possible formations on offense and defense we'll see next year... ahhh... like Golden Tate said, it's giving me goosebumps just thinking about it!

So how's everyone else going to be celebrating how great it is to be a Hawks fan/rooting for the Niners to absolutely blow their draft. If there is an AJ Jenkins in this year's draft... may he reveal himself in Red and Gold tonight!

Got just got back from Ireland and touring the Jameson factory (it's actually been moved outside of the city a few years back). I enjoyed learning about the triple distillation process. We went there the first day in Ireland and were beat from the time zone changes. After drinking stupid amounts of wine in Italy, it was great to have some whiskey.

Falcongoggles

p.s. Belfast is a nicer city than Dublin - who would have thought?

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
Relax with a couple of Red Hook ECS brews, order in some Jimmy Johns for me and the wife and enjoy a live NFL production, even if the Seahawks won't be involved (likely) tonight.

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
A Coug livin' it up in New York City with fellow 12s. Drinking dark beer and Irish Whiskey.

You, sir, are what is right in the world.

Go Hawks!

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Hawk Strap":3kwpxzgh said:
Appetizers: Pendleton 1910 with ice cubes.

Main Course: homemade deep dish pizza

Dessert: Pendleton 1910 with ice cubes

Is that the 12 year? Delicious.

OP
OP
N

NYCoug

Reaction score
Hawk Strap, thanks for the compliment, but judging by Falcongoggles' comment and your affliction for a fine 12 year Canadian Rye Whiskey, I'd say that you guys are all that's right in the worlds.

Correction, the 12th Man and the Hawks ARE what's right in this world!

Go Hawks! Big night tonight! I'm hoping we trade up in the 2nd and raise some hell!