Schneider skeezed on Wilson.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":3wqxrrct said:
Dear God if we crash and burn this season, this board (and fanbase) is going to be in the nuclear winter of misery.

How's that different from every other losing season around here? Hell, even losses last year. We have more than our fair share of panicking fairies...

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":33jmqd1j said:
FlyingGreg":33jmqd1j said:
Dear God if we crash and burn this season, this board (and fanbase) is going to be in the nuclear winter of misery.

How's that different from every other losing season around here? Hell, even losses last year. We have more than our fair share of panicking fairies...

Uhh ... it's totally different when the word dynasty is being carelessly thrown around, and when the Super Bowl is the expectation and not the hope.

We are in uncharted waters here.

Shadyhawk182

Reaction score
There should be a disclaimer in the title telling people if they're coming to comment about the "dynasty" remark...its been handled.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":1y507fj8 said:
FlyingGreg":1y507fj8 said:

To be fair, as a Seattle pro sports fan, my default state is already misery.
Hey, that's my State's name!!!

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Shadyhawk182":16288ngy said:
There should be a disclaimer in the title telling people if they're coming to comment about the "dynasty" remark...its been handled.

Right, because there is never any repetitive or recycled stuff in threads...

:sarcasm_off:

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Poor OP. I don't think anyone paid attention to the article he linked.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":19l4p9u3 said:
FlyingGreg":19l4p9u3 said:

Its all about the expectations, man

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2oisni50 said:
Poor OP. I don't think anyone paid attention to the article he linked.
To be fair I did and it's so cool Schneider had the balls to pull the trigger before everybody else. The gnashing of teeth is STILL happening.:)

Greenhell

Reaction score
Dynasty!? I thought it was said we were all meeting for beers at Shadynastys? Place is awesome!

Tumblr m4fq50FwZH1qg33l7o1 500

zhawk

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":22dx4h75 said:
So everyone called out the "dynasty" thing already.

Good, good.

Frankly, in this era of free agency, the Patriots of the last twelve years or so are the closest we will ever see to a pre-FA dynasty ever again.

yeah... but they cheated and haven't won one since.

Bakergirl

Reaction score
FormerEvil":262js1np said:
I agree. Let's win one, then 2, then 3 and we can talk about a "dynasty". Until then, let's just enjoy the fact that we have serious cause for optimism. You guys should remember this time last year we were just HOPING to eek into the playoffs or even sniff a winning record. Pump the breaks a bit. W have a very, very good football team.

Speak for yourself. Some of us had confidence.

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
perfect time for me to say, I thought Hawkbloggers Flynn piece made a good case for this line of thinking. Withthe elbow injury though, who knows.

Harperville

Reaction score
I'd just like to point out the "Dynasty" comment was extremely premature...

warden

Reaction score
This management is a team

Yes Schneider was all over Wilson but Carroll was all over Lynch. Make no mistake about it that Bevell had some influence with Rice and Harvin. Cable has some major input with Miller, Carpenter and Moffitt. Let's not forget all the input that the scouts give. This whole thing is working so well because they work as a team. Pete has final say and is the boss and deserves a lot of credit for surrounding himself with the right people and having them work well together. JS is a gem.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":2chpf690 said:

Haha! Even my 30+ years of well-tempered expectations will be pretty suprised if we 'crash and burn,' but using the word 'dynasty' at this point is extreme to say the least.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
PlinytheCenter":avq233s6 said:
509hawk":avq233s6 said:
The first ever ringless dynasty!

I think Buffalo beat us to it. Not something I'd want to emulate.

That's my only reservation about getting major cogs in FA from Minnesota. The superstitious part of me gets uneasy. Bad JUJU be gone!! :les:

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Back to the topic of Schneider and Carroll and the work they did on Wilson going into the draft, I would love to know how their draft strategy went down in the war room, considering they were willing to wait until round 3 to get him. Were they that certain that he would be there for our third round pick? Was there any considerion of taking him with our round 2 pick or make a deal to acquire another 2nd round pick to get him?