Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE SPORTS BAR ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3323 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 67  Next
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:07 pm 
NET Veteran

Throwdown wrote:
Get a girlfriend lol

Imma choke half my Facebook friends for acting like bitches

Imma choke a certain .Net friend for actually being a bitch.

Hey what Roland does on the board has nothing to do with me

I will Wayne Brady yo ass!

What about Marcia Brady and all? At's what I'm talkin about. She partied on acid and ****ed guys.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:21 pm 
NET Veteran

RealDeal wrote:
@ Blitzer

Look at it this way. How rich is our group? ? How did they get that rich?? Ok now think about this....

Why would our group give 30mill cash down plus go and buy all the land that they did, if they did not know something. Plus how much all the fees for court and lawyers. these guys are businessmen here to make money not lose it. they have been working on this for a long time we don't know what they had work out prior to going public for all we know this is all been done since the beginning. plus if you remember a few months before all this became public Stern himself said he would do anything in his power to get a team back in Seattle before he retires. just think of all the stuff he had said when we lost the Sonics he blew smoke up everybody's butt everyday. stern just needs to make it look like he is giving them a chance. the group we have here in Seattle is way too strong with way too much money to just walk away from these men are here to win not lose.

I'm not so sure they're all that smart. If they end up with the team, they're going to massively overpay for a cash-hemmoraging charity case franchise that nobody goes to see, that will never be remotely worth what they paid for it.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:46 pm 
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Lords of Scythia wrote:
RealDeal wrote:
@ Blitzer

Look at it this way. How rich is our group? ? How did they get that rich?? Ok now think about this....

Why would our group give 30mill cash down plus go and buy all the land that they did, if they did not know something. Plus how much all the fees for court and lawyers. these guys are businessmen here to make money not lose it. they have been working on this for a long time we don't know what they had work out prior to going public for all we know this is all been done since the beginning. plus if you remember a few months before all this became public Stern himself said he would do anything in his power to get a team back in Seattle before he retires. just think of all the stuff he had said when we lost the Sonics he blew smoke up everybody's butt everyday. stern just needs to make it look like he is giving them a chance. the group we have here in Seattle is way too strong with way too much money to just walk away from these men are here to win not lose.

I'm not so sure they're all that smart. If they end up with the team, they're going to massively overpay for a cash-hemmoraging charity case franchise that nobody goes to see, that will never be remotely worth what they paid for it.

With all due respect Lords, why aint you rich?? :stirthepot:

My luck is Lords will turn out to be Paul Allen incognito :shock:

Post Posted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:14 pm 
NET Veteran

SonicHawk wrote:
pinksheets wrote:
A relocation vote should come down to:
Would you rather own an NBA franchise in Seattle or Sacramento?

That’s the question the NBA owners will be answering FOR another owner.

How would they vote if it were for their own team?

I don’t think there’d be a single ‘no’ vote if that were the criteria. Seattle is the easy choice. Even Ranadive and Mastrov would jump at the chance to own this team in Seattle as opposed to Sacramento.

This is an extremely complicated vote.

Pro-Seattle:
A sturdy ownership group that has all it's ducks in a row.
Top 15 market (remember that new upcoming TV deal)
Would pay into profit sharing instead of receiving.
Built-in fanbase
New arena is very far along and ready to break ground almost immediately
Already have a purchase agreement

Pro-Sacramento:
Political and fan support
Good ownership group
Probably able to build arena almost as quickly
Team already is in Sacramento

Honestly, I would hate to be the NBA making this decision. The only win-win is immediate expansion for Seattle while Sacramento stays and that's incredibly unlikely.

Stern has given Sacramento every opportunity to keep the team and I think Sacramento almost has done enough, but it's not without alienating Seattle.

It's my understanding the Sac arena group doesn't even own all the necessary property, and does not have city approval. Their arena deal is years behind ours.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:16 pm 
NET Veteran

grizbob wrote:
Lords of Scythia wrote:
RealDeal wrote:
@ Blitzer

With all due respect Lords, why aint you rich?? :stirthepot:

My luck is Lords will turn out to be Paul Allen incognito :shock:

Ha ha. I wish. I'll have a barbeque on the slave farm and you're all invited. ;)

Post Posted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:45 pm 
NET Veteran

Quote:
Seattle SuperSonics ‏@BringBackSonics 6m
Per @Kjrmitch: David Stern goes to KJ behind closed doors and says sorry, you're not going to win. The owners aren't going to deny the move.

I want to believe...

Post Posted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:23 pm 
* NET Eeyore *

Seahawksfan425 wrote:
Quote:
Seattle SuperSonics ‏@BringBackSonics 6m
Per @Kjrmitch: David Stern goes to KJ behind closed doors and says sorry, you're not going to win. The owners aren't going to deny the move.

I want to believe...

That was a theory the Mitch was talking about earlier today on his radio show and I too wish that this scenario played out, but I doubt it.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:13 pm 
NET Veteran

Stern wants to play this out. He has got a lot of people in two cities sweating and waiting for him and this is EXACTLY WHERE HE WANTS TO BE. We'll have to wait until he has his limp orgasm or whatever before he finally decides to expidite the thing, like he should've done last week.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:26 am 
NET Starter

David Stern is evil. The solution is simple NBA. Retire Stern, and give us an expansion franchise and the #1 pick for stealing Kevin Durant & Co.
We don't want the Kings, and we don't want nothing... so give us what you owe us... fire David Stern... and let us have our own 'start over from scratch expansion franchise' back.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:42 am 
* NET Baller *

Stern leaves in Feb 2014

Post Posted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:16 am 
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

kigenzun wrote:
David Stern is evil. The solution is simple NBA. Retire Stern, and give us an expansion franchise and the #1 pick for stealing Kevin Durant & Co.
We don't want the Kings, and we don't want nothing... so give us what you owe us... fire David Stern... and let us have our own 'start over from scratch expansion franchise' back.

I for one do not want an expansion team. The league is watered down enough already.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:26 am 
NET Veteran

CALIHAWK1 wrote:
kigenzun wrote:

I for one do not want an expansion team. The league is watered down enough already.

Same. And on top of that, we'd likely have to wait an additional 1-2 years for an expansion team.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:27 am 
NET Practice Squad

I want the kings more now then I did, the reason is cause Sacramento fans and KJ keep throwing us seattle people under the bus. So I have no shame in taking the kings.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:29 am 
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

What ever it takes, and soon I hope :180670:

Post Posted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:24 pm 
* NET Eeyore *

Very interesting series of twits from Tim Montemayor, don't know what to think of them:

Tim Montemayor ‏@TheMontyShow 9m
There is an effort to satisfy both cities in the #NBAKings saga: I am told there is a plan being talked about where #Seattle would …

Tim Montemayor ‏@TheMontyShow 7m
…get an expansion team in 2014/2015 and most of the requirements for that process are already met through the current situation #NBAKings

Tim Montemayor ‏@TheMontyShow 6m
The #NBA has gone to great lengths to find a way to satisfy both situations without creating more “disfunction and animosity” in either city

Tim Montemayor ‏@TheMontyShow 4m
The lone sticking point is the #Seattle groups willingness to wait another year which I am told they have fought hard against #NBAKings

Tim Montemayor ‏@TheMontyShow 2m
I have also confirmed via two sources that David Stern has told #Seattle this is the only path that assures an #NBA return to the market

Tim Montemayor ‏@TheMontyShow 1m
Stern has made it clear he will not push or force any other club to relocate to #Seattle he feels the process is bad 4 all parties involved

Tim Montemayor ‏@TheMontyShow 38s
If the #Seattle chooses to move ahead with the #NBAKings #Stern told them “it’s would be tough to overcome Sacramento’s obvious advantage”

Team is there, strong group, KJ, and fan support RT @mtmoore55: what’s the “obvious advantage”?! I’m slow! @TheMontyShow

I was told the day #Seattle signed w/ Maloofs that they would have to double they strongest points of Sacramento to get team, have they? No

Post Posted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:28 pm 
* Natural Rubbing Action *

Blitzer88 wrote:
Very interesting series of twits from Tim Montemayor, don't know what to think of them:

I have also confirmed via two sources that David Stern has told #Seattle this is the only path that assures an #NBA return to the market

Wait, am I translating this right? Sounds like: "expansion is the only way you're ever getting a team in Seattle again, so kiss those Kings goodbye and hope the next commissioner's nice enough to consider expanding a league that can't really afford it."

Wonderful.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:34 pm 
* NET Eeyore *

Seahawk Sailor wrote:
Blitzer88 wrote:

Wait, am I translating this right? Sounds like: "expansion is the only way you're ever getting a team in Seattle again, so kiss those Kings goodbye and hope the next commissioner's nice enough to consider expanding a league that can't really afford it."

Wonderful.

Thats how I read it. I hate Stern!

*BRONZE SUPPORTER*
*BRONZE SUPPORTER*

I would love an expansion team, if that's deal then the Kings stay and Seattle waits 1 more year for the Sonics

* NET Baller *

He's also from the Bay Area and was on with Brock Huard a few weeks back, dude sounds like a wack job.

IMO anyone claiming sources right now is talking out their ass, NBA is on hush til the decision in May.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:40 pm 
NET Veteran

Throwdown wrote:
He's also from the Bay Area and was on with Brock Huard a few weeks back, dude sounds like a wack job.

IMO anyone claiming sources right now is talking out their ass, NBA is on hush til the decision in May.

This.

Also:

If the #Seattle chooses to move ahead with the #NBAKings #Stern told them “it’s would be tough to overcome Sacramento’s obvious advantage”

All credibility is lost with this. Sactown has no obvious advantage. At all. All they have is the sentimentality angle, and we all know the NBA gives too craps about that.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:49 pm 
* Natural Rubbing Action *

JOz56 wrote:
Throwdown wrote:

This.

Also:

All credibility is lost with this. Sactown has no obvious advantage. At all. All they have is the sentimentality angle, and we all know the NBA gives too craps about that.

"Sacramento's obvious advantage?" Last I knew, drugs that damaging were still illegal. Let's see: Better arena plans? Nope. Better ownership structure? Nope. Larger market? Nope. Hell, they don't even have the sentimentality angle. I'd bet the Sonics are still viewed much more favorably than the Kings in terms of sentimentality everywhere outside of Sacramento proper. Stern didn't have credibility before. That just says he doesn't give a shit about what he say or does.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:55 pm 
* NET Baller *

The only advantage they have is being the incumbent city, the Kings have been told to go about business as usual and prepare for next season as if they were in Sacramento though, theres that for you.

But I'm pretty sure Hansen's been given the go ahead too as he's reaching deals to get the Key ready, and they have 41 dates (probably playoff dates too) on hold.

IMO, I wouldn't read into anything strongly until MAYBE after Friday when the recommendation is made, we may get some news, maybe not. The NBA owners are incredible when it comes to being on gag order, they'll say a lot and still say nothing.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:41 pm 
NET Veteran

:thcoffee:

Post Posted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:37 pm 
* NET Baller *

Next Tuesday, the master use permit gets filed and the EIS draft is coming in June.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:49 pm 
*Host of .NET Awards*

Throwdown wrote:
Next Tuesday, the master use permit gets filed and the EIS draft is coming in June.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:55 pm 
* NET Baller *

U scurred

Post Posted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:02 am 
*GOLD SUPPORTER*
*GOLD SUPPORTER*

i heard on kjr that hansen and co are willing to give every kings employee a 18 month severage package at full pay. damn nba what the hell are you missing here

Mike Bullene ‏@12thManM1ke 45m
@TDESPN Though, you did say the other night you cannot win the SB riding a defense. Even though you are literally the poster child for that. --twittered back at dilfer after he tried to slam hawks fans.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:14 am 
NET Veteran

Reports that recommendation won't be made until Mon-Wed...................

Post Posted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:48 am 
NET Veteran

The Outfield wrote:

Quote:
After the recommendation is made, the Board of Governors will be able to vote on the issue after seven business days have passed, making May 8th the earliest possible day that the Kings saga can be officially finalized.

And the state senator that was present and helped make the pitch to the board is now trying to push a bill to speed up the arena timeline.

Quote:
Regarding arena timelines, Sen. Darrell Steinberg introduced a bill yesterday that could possibly help expedite the environmental review process for Sacramento's downtown arena. The bill, called SB 731, rewrites part of the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) to reduce the amount of lawsuits on projects like the arena. Steinberg told the Bee that he sent a copy of the bill to the NBA.

Link: http://www.sactownroyalty.com/2013/4/25 ... tal-review

Post Posted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:04 am 
* NET Eeyore *

The Outfield wrote:

Son of a..........I HATE DAVID STERN!

Post Posted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:58 am 
NET Veteran

Stern is up on the stage in his little white primadonna tutu. The spotlights are on and millions of fans in two different cities are watching him. You think Stern wants to give this up? HELL NO. He wants to milk out this moment until he has his little-girl limp orgasm.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:30 am 
* NET Baller *

thats fine

we're still getting the team :)

Post Posted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:44 am 
NET Veteran

Throwdown wrote:
thats fine

we're still getting the team :)

Time will tell. Here's to hoping you're right. :179422:

Post Posted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:44 pm 
* Report Button *

Stern's doing a desperate dance to look good, to the nation and each city. I'm leaning towards Sac getting a conditional expansion team out of this. Hansen won't, and rightfully so, accept that offer. And, I can't see other owners restricting a sale. Bad, bad, bad business.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:49 pm 
* NET Baller *

pehawk wrote:
Stern's doing a desperate dance to look good, to the nation and each city. I'm leaning towards Sac getting a conditional expansion team out of this. Hansen won't, and rightfully so, accept that offer. And, I can't see other owners restricting a sale. Bad, bad, bad business.

I really think our ace in all this is Silver, the commish in waiting, he's been very friendly with Seattle in the past and still is now whenever asked questions about it, him and the owners who know abut business.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:14 pm 
* NET Eeyore *

Steve Ballmer chimes in on the matter:

http://www.king5.com/sports/Steve-Ballm ... 39931.html

Post Posted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:41 pm 
* Smackmeister *

Wait, did I just read that a Senator rewrote a bill expressly for the purpose of making it easier to build a new stadium so a sports franchise could be retained? Thank goodness California doesn't have any more pressing issues on the docket than the Sacramento Kings.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:56 pm 
*GOLD SUPPORTER*
*GOLD SUPPORTER*

lol is it just me or that video of balmer he just seems giddy as hell.

Mike Bullene ‏@12thManM1ke 45m
@TDESPN Though, you did say the other night you cannot win the SB riding a defense. Even though you are literally the poster child for that. --twittered back at dilfer after he tried to slam hawks fans.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:04 pm 
NET Veteran

hawkcrazzed wrote:

I really haven't watched interviews with Ballmer to see if he's always like this, but he seems to be avoiding eye contact, like he's hiding something

Post Posted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:42 pm 
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

The Outfield wrote:
hawkcrazzed wrote:

he seems to be avoiding eye contact, like he's hiding something

I do that when I'm high.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:10 pm 
NET Veteran

Ballmer seemed pretty giddy, I'll take that as a positive.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:04 pm 
NET Veteran

Stern wants center stage, sharing with the NFL this weekend and being on page 4 in sporting news is not where he wants his mug shot.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
Used to be an Alumni till they pulled a USC on me...
.Net official Clueless, Dumbass, Douche, Simpleton, CensoredTard , Idiot, member of the 38 club.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:09 pm 
NET Veteran

The Outfield wrote:
hawkcrazzed wrote:

I really haven't watched interviews with Ballmer to see if he's always like this, but he seems to be avoiding eye contact, like he's hiding something

You don't become a CEO of a giant company without being able to look someone straight in the eye when you're bullshitting them. Dudes like Ballmer don't have tells.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:54 pm 
NET Veteran

pinksheets wrote:
The Outfield wrote:
hawkcrazzed wrote:

You don't become a CEO of a giant company without being able to look someone straight in the eye when you're bullshitting them. Dudes like Ballmer don't have tells.

True.

Guys like that, the big time CEO's, they usually have varying degrees of sociopathic, narcissistic, antisocial personality disorders, intermittent explosive disorder, etc.

You could never tell if he was lying or not. No way.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:41 pm 
NET Veteran

Guys like that have disorganized psychopath bleeding-orifice-f^^king syndrome (in which the subject endures deep fantasies of raping and killing, and raping again, his own mother). We clear?

Post Posted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:54 am 
NET Veteran

So NBA...

would you like to put a team in Seattle?

or keep a team in Sacramento?

Post Posted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:11 pm 
NET Veteran

Ha ha. Is that the Dark Knight? I'm watching that toninght.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:31 pm 
NET Rookie

no, thats the original batman directed by Tim Burton

Post Posted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:04 pm 
*Host of .NET Awards*

RynoHawk wrote:

The original Batman wasn't directed by Tim Burton

Post Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:55 am 
NET Veteran

SacHawk2.0 wrote:
RynoHawk wrote:

The original Batman wasn't directed by Tim Burton

The one he was referring to was.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3323 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 67  Next

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE SPORTS BAR ]