Season Ticket Upgrade Status

Barthawk

Reaction score
I empathize for those of you that are wanting to come join the STH community, but one positive is that you don't have to pay full price for two meaningless games in August. Use that extra money to purchase tix for the primetime games that will be at a premium in the secondary market.

Be thankful it is only 1-2 year wait for tickets.. I have friends in Pittsburgh that have been on their waiting list for 10 years and still have about 10 more before they get the call.. Took my friend in Boston 13 years to get his name on the list.. each year they pay a non-refundable deposit as well to keep their place in the line.

gspin2k1

Reaction score
Barthawk":1sf0a0eh said:
I empathize for those of you that are wanting to come join the STH community, but one positive is that you don't have to pay full price for two meaningless games in August. Use that extra money to purchase tix for the primetime games that will be at a premium in the secondary market.

Be thankful it is only 1-2 year wait for tickets.. I have friends in Pittsburgh that have been on their waiting list for 10 years and still have about 10 more before they get the call.. Took my friend in Boston 13 years to get his name on the list.. each year they pay a non-refundable deposit as well to keep their place in the line.

If you plan on going to all the regular games or maybe 6/8. You might as well get a season ticket and pay for the two "meaningless games" worst case you sell those tickets at half price. And primetime games end up costing 3-4x the face value. So you're still better off getting season tickets. Unless you plan to go to only 1-2 games a year.

i.e my ticket last year $750/season ($75/game). Ticket value for same seat for game = $200, Patriots game = $150, Niners game = $200. 3 games = $550. I can say I basically paid $28.50 for each of the other 7 games. I'm basing my values off the girl who sat across me in sec 339 (i'm in 338) who sold off all her big ticket games. So theoretically my seat could have even made more $.

Anyway, I just added 2 extra seats. Not sure which 2 of the 4 I'm gonna keep and sell off.

BocciHawk

Reaction score
Random aside, it's basically impossible to get anything for the preseason tickets. I've seen them given away on the street before games.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I like going to the preseason games. i'ts a great way to just go have fun with a game that doesn't matter, so you get to hang with fans, cheer for the team when they come out of the tunnel, and don't have to be stressed about the outcome. Plus I like seeing the young guys compete.

5fanfamily

Reaction score
I'd love to go to a preseason game. Maybe I'll drive to Seattle and hang out in hopes people will give them away!

I'm hoping for club seats. I figured a way I can swing it if by the time they finally get to me they are the only seats left. I'm holding out hope. I guess I don't get my deposit back in any case.

RabidFrenzy

Reaction score
xkj1985x":1e9fdo89 said:
Hey guys...to those of you who are potential new season ticket holders this year:

When did you put your deposit down for seats? I put mine down in mid-late December and was just e-mailed by the Seahawks and they basically told me that I'm "very close" to the area where they will be able to fulfill tickets for this season. If I don't get them this year then I'll be shifted to the "Blue Pride" club or whatever with my spot being held for the 2014-2015 season.

That was kind of a bummer to read, I was told when I placed my deposit in December that I would be able to secure tickets with no problem since my deposit was put down in December but now that doesn't seem like such a good chance.

Just wanted to relay what I had heard to those of you who have deposits on new seats for this season. Should find out regardless in the next 2-3 weeks but I'll remain with my fingers crossed and hope I'll be able to get into the building.

Exact message:

Your deposit placed back in December is already included in our Blue Pride waiting list with the same priority date. We will begin contacting deposit holders shortly and you are very close to the cut-off of what we think is available. Regardless, you will know soon if you can get seats or what your spot in line is moving forward!

I placed my deposit late Oct early Nov. My deposit invoice said position numbers where in the teens. Not sure if these numbers matter much since I think they get reset.

HawkMeat

Reaction score
Well, I have 4 seats, one pair I have in JJ that we got in hopes to relocate closer to our other seats, but have not been able to do that the last couple years.

Any hawk fans want to purchase more than half the games at season ticket holder price? I was going to post them but noticed people that want season tickets won't get the chance. I would rather have hawk fans obtain them.

gspin2k1

Reaction score
Just curious anyone here who has sideline seats in the 300 section in the single letter rows. How long did it take you to get those seats?

I got my first season tickets for last season, and this season I wasn't able to go down any rows, just move maybe one section closer to the 50 yard line. My end goal would be to be on the sideline view (332-338) somewhere between row K-0, but I'm feeling like at this rate (understandably this is a big year) it's going to take me like 10 years to pull that off.

SilkMonkey

Reaction score
I can't speak for the sidelines but i moved from 328 X to 316 L last year. Not moving this year though...we're unbeaten in those seats. :)

xkj1985x

Reaction score
HawkMeat":3cjbf12f said:
Well, I have 4 seats, one pair I have in JJ that we got in hopes to relocate closer to our other seats, but have not been able to do that the last couple years.

Any hawk fans want to purchase more than half the games at season ticket holder price? I was going to post them but noticed people that want season tickets won't get the chance. I would rather have hawk fans obtain them.

Where is JJ at exactly? I've only been there a handful of times so I'm not terribly familiar with all the lettering.

But if I am unable to be picked for season tickets this year (should find out in the next two weeks) then I'd surely be interested in doing something like this.

ceej22

Reaction score
Riley12":ki6fki8w said:
While I understand your disappointment, 5fan, you also have to realize that even though there are quite a few people who don't renew
their seats in a typical year, this year is far, far from typical. The agent should have mentioned that "past results don't guarantee future success."

The BEST time to get seats is in down years. We sure could have used your voice, and many others, during the Husky Stadium days and the
early years of Seahawks Stadium. Heck, even a couple of years ago during the Mora years you could have had really good seats.

Part of me just shakes my head at the mad scramble for season tickets and wonders why more people don't follow the team win OR lose.

Can't speak for all, but many of us have reasons to be jumping on the so called wagon this year. Sorry we dont live up to your expectations. Just because we didn't have tickets in '99 doesn't make you any more of a fan nor does it mean we follow the team any less.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
ceej22":1koglx19 said:
Riley12":1koglx19 said:
While I understand your disappointment, 5fan, you also have to realize that even though there are quite a few people who don't renew
their seats in a typical year, this year is far, far from typical. The agent should have mentioned that "past results don't guarantee future success."

The BEST time to get seats is in down years. We sure could have used your voice, and many others, during the Husky Stadium days and the
early years of Seahawks Stadium. Heck, even a couple of years ago during the Mora years you could have had really good seats.

Part of me just shakes my head at the mad scramble for season tickets and wonders why more people don't follow the team win OR lose.

Can't speak for all, but many of us have reasons to be jumping on the so called wagon this year. Sorry we dont live up to your expectations. Just because we didn't have tickets in '99 doesn't make you any more of a fan nor does it mean we follow the team any less.

The implication that because you don't buy season tickets, you don't "Follow the team" is weird too.

I guess everyone that can't afford tickets/parking/food/gas/gear is not a TRUE fan!

5fanfamily

Reaction score
Hawknballs":2taf9kwa said:
ceej22":2taf9kwa said:
Riley12":2taf9kwa said:

The implication that because you don't buy season tickets, you don't "Follow the team" is weird too.

I guess everyone that can't afford tickets/parking/food/gas/gear is not a TRUE fan!

Poor fans, rich fans, and everyone in between. I love all the 12th men! I have to tell you, having never attended a live NFL game and only watching on TV, I had NO IDEA what I was missing until I finally managed to buy tickets for me and my kids and we sat--literally--in the highest row. Up against the concrete---no joke. I saved all year for those crappy tickets and to buy my kids jerseys. I am no less or more of a fan now than I was back then!

And to the poster who is considering parting with a little more than half the season tix, I PM'ed you yesterday and am very interested.

gspin2k1

Reaction score
Hawknballs":3p7a9jn1 said:
ceej22":3p7a9jn1 said:
Riley12":3p7a9jn1 said:

Don't worry that guy/girl who owns like 10% of the stadium's season tickets and has his goons selling them outside every game for the past 20 years is the biggest hawk fan of all ofus.

Barthawk

Reaction score
I believe the point Riley was trying to make and it is the reason why I kept my tickets even though I moved to Texas in 2006 was that you have to be able to absorb the good and bad in order to reap the benefits of the season tickets.. I am far from wealthy, but made it a priority to keep my tickets and in 08/09 it was pretty hard to get 2/3 face value for the ticket (we were talking about $45 tix at the time).. I ended up giving them away to family/friends in the area.

I initially bought 2 tickets in 2003 in Sect 301 for $20 a pop.. cost me $400 a year.. no for four in 314 it is $2000k.. I don't golf as much nor play softball anymore thus saving my duckets for tix/flights to my favorite place in the world.. CLink..

I know some can't or couldn't do what I did and that is too bad, but don't get all butthurt now because you can't get tickets when we have the most talented team in our history..

GP- that guy who has 10% of the tickets and sells them outside lost his ass in 2008-2011 BTW..

Curt

Reaction score
gspin2k1":1aea2wvm said:
Just curious anyone here who has sideline seats in the 300 section in the single letter rows. How long did it take you to get those seats?

I got my first season tickets for last season, and this season I wasn't able to go down any rows, just move maybe one section closer to the 50 yard line. My end goal would be to be on the sideline view (332-338) somewhere between row K-0, but I'm feeling like at this rate (understandably this is a big year) it's going to take me like 10 years to pull that off.

It took me only 1 year but I had to move 1 section away from the 50 yard line. Last year (My first as a STH) I was sitting in 335 row FF. I just "upgraded" on Tuesday to 336 row z.

gspin2k1

Reaction score
Curt":20nt82r1 said:
gspin2k1":20nt82r1 said:

It took me only 1 year but I had to move 1 section away from the 50 yard line. Last year (My first as a STH) I was sitting in 335 row FF. I just "upgraded" on Tuesday to 336 row z.

WTH my upgrade window was on the same day and my ticket manager even let me call in little early and the best he could do for me was moving from 338 DD to 337 DD.

Curt

Reaction score
gspin2k1":1hg5mjdt said:
Curt":1hg5mjdt said:
gspin2k1":1hg5mjdt said:

WTH my upgrade window was on the same day and my ticket manager even let me call in little early and the best he could do for me was moving from 338 DD to 337 DD.

I didn't call. I checked several times online on Monday. Finally I found those seats that became suddenly available really early on Tuesday morning. The Seahawks office was not even open yet. If I was you, I wouldn't call next year and check online because changes occur all the time and the info is up to date but yes there was not much available. I was on the verge of giving up and stay where I was. I don't even know if moving 1 section away for only 6 rows lower was a good/wise decision by me.

5fanfamily

Reaction score
Barthawk":1jpfprzt said:
I believe the point Riley was trying to make and it is the reason why I kept my tickets even though I moved to Texas in 2006 was that you have to be able to absorb the good and bad in order to reap the benefits of the season tickets.. I am far from wealthy, but made it a priority to keep my tickets and in 08/09 it was pretty hard to get 2/3 face value for the ticket (we were talking about $45 tix at the time).. I ended up giving them away to family/friends in the area.

I initially bought 2 tickets in 2003 in Sect 301 for $20 a pop.. cost me $400 a year.. no for four in 314 it is $2000k.. I don't golf as much nor play softball anymore thus saving my duckets for tix/flights to my favorite place in the world.. CLink..

I know some can't or couldn't do what I did and that is too bad, but don't get all butthurt now because you can't get tickets when we have the most talented team in our history..

GP- that guy who has 10% of the tickets and sells them outside lost his ass in 2008-2011 BTW..

Not sure you understand the kind of poor that doesn't even let you have an extra 20 bucks unless you feed your kids but not yourself for a week.
I'll be butt hurt if I want to be.

hulbe

Reaction score
Just upgraded my 2012 single 1/2 season seat to a sec. 113 full season seat. If your in the market for a single seat there were quite a few options. The only bummer is that I was going to miss 1 game going into the schedule release and of course its the :49ersmall: game. oey! Still excited to get a great upgrade.