Bennett's take on the secondary...

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
MysterMatt":3he7p69d said:
Scottemojo":3he7p69d said:
MysterMatt":3he7p69d said:
Remind me, wasn't Bennett one of the guys Ruskell let go so we could keep a child molester...I mean a kicker...on the roster?
Aye.
Gawd, I HATE Ruskell! Hate, hate, HATE!
He may even be worse than Scott Peoli but it's very close in my opinion.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Trenchbroom":1pap1adc said:
It certainly is a long way from the days where players like Kris Dielman would only look at the Seahawks as leverage for a bigger contract elsewhere.

Awesome indeed!

Yep, ever since this FO has been here players are interested in this place.

Amazing what a change of philosophy will accomplish and about 725 personnel changes.

The fact the team is winning again, has great ownership, excellent facilities, treats their players fairly, has great coaches, and is prepared to put aside many staid preconceptions regarding veterans doesn't hurt either.

The future is looking brighter and brighter!

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":1cete03g said:
"I turned down money to come here."

Would you ever have thought any player would have said that about the Seahawks? Even a few short years ago!

But this never happens! NFL players don't give discounts!

ivotuk

Reaction score
MysterMatt":2967n898 said:
Scottemojo":2967n898 said:
MysterMatt":2967n898 said:
Remind me, wasn't Bennett one of the guys Ruskell let go so we could keep a child molester...I mean a kicker...on the roster?
Aye.

Shut yer mouth! Without the pain of Ruskell we don't get Pete and John. Kind of like catching crabs from that girl you really liked, in the end you realize it was lust, not love and save yourself from an eternity of misery! :141847_bnono:

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":op8b1yf4 said:
RolandDeschain":op8b1yf4 said:
I bet these guys's agents don't like this one bit. Less money for them. :devil:

Not necessarily. If sports agents are anything like literary agents, best fit for future potential is at least as much a factor as cost of contract. Maybe more. "Best deal for the client" is the sentiment, which isn't necessarily "show me the money!"

Agreed. For future negotiations, it'll be "Super Bowl" linebacker, D-Lineman, whatever. That will add value to the player, and it's definitely a win for the agents in the long run.

razor150

Reaction score
It probably worked out better for Bennett that he got cut since he went to a team that was willing to use him. Though keeping a kicker over him was and still is a idiotic choice of monumental proportions.

I think we benefit mightily from getting him back after getting some regular season snaps in Tampa.

jhawk91

Reaction score
This is one of the coolist things EVER! I never thought that the hawks would be a go to destination and guys would be taking less money just to come here. Im so hyped for the season to start its looking like its gonna be special.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
MysterMatt":1bimxjgf said:
Scottemojo":1bimxjgf said:
MysterMatt":1bimxjgf said:
Aye.
razor150":1bimxjgf said:
...keeping a kicker over him was and still is a idiotic choice of monumental proportions.
To me, this was Ruskell's unforgivable sin, not the Hutch thing. Too many moving parts in that one, but the Bennett thing was all Ruskell.

Latest posts