What pick would ruin your draftsmas?

kearly

Reaction score
Which pick, if called at #56, would just eat at you and make the rest of the draft difficult to enjoy? It needs to be a pick that is at least faintly plausible.

For me, it would be Montori Hughes at #56. It would be such a classic first pick by Seattle. Hughes may not have any pass rush ability, but he's a legit athlete and has incredible core strength. He's a raw high upside player that would play DT in 2013 but would probably take over for Red Bryant down the road.

Taking Hughes that high would also be a monster reach, but I don't think Seattle will care about that if they like Hughes as much as I fear they might.

Jonathan Hankins at #56 would suck balls as well. Bennie Logan would be unpleasant, but at least with Logan I see Alan Branch type upside to him, so it wouldn't feel like a wasted pick.

kigenzun

Reaction score
kearly you just might may be intuiting the future... and it would be classic new school Seahawks. :eek:
Yet, I could live with Montori Hughes at #56, because its a Pete Carroll/John Schneider special kind 'o reaching... and we could use the runstuffing depth at DT.

What would ruin my Draftsmas would be: a wait all day Thursday, watch the Draft, think about it all night, get all excited Friday morning cuz 'today's the day' @56... then waiting most of Friday night, anticipation building... building... and then pulling out the: Sam Montgomery, DE, LSU card.
That would be like Eww, kitty puke! :pukeface: but that's just me & my personal pet peeve pick.

ps Of course, you've had me wishing for Zach Ertz again for 2 days... it would also suck if the Rams or 49ers drafted him instead.

HawkGA

Reaction score
I'm assuming a trade back out of Friday completely would bum a lot of people here. I don't watch the draft as much as I used to, but no matter how good Harvin turns out to be, it's still a bummer that the Hawks will be sitting on their hands tonight.

aawolf

Reaction score
HawkGA":6i2yfzf8 said:
I'm assuming a trade back out of Friday completely would bum a lot of people here. I don't watch the draft as much as I used to, but no matter how good Harvin turns out to be, it's still a bummer that the Hawks will be sitting on their hands tonight.

Yep...a trade down will ruin the night for me.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Mike Glennon. I would punch myself in the face. Good thing it will never happen.

Hawk Finn

Reaction score
Great question, and I'm not sure I have a specific answer. I think it depends on who we pass on to get him. I mean, some may remember that last year I was pimping out Chandler Jones like no tomorrow and I was bummed that we passed on him for Irvin. I still am, to a degree. So, I guess I would lament "the one that got away" moreso than the player we actually picked.

penihawk

Reaction score
I will take Scottemojo's Glennon thoughts a step further and say any QB. We might as well see Brady Quinn as our David Carr because RW will break Eli's consecutive start string without being hurt so it doesn't matter who the hell the backup QB is. Take some OL help and that guarantee's my theory.

Subzero717

Reaction score
Hawk Finn":mzwic1v4 said:
Great question, and I'm not sure I have a specific answer. I think it depends on who we pass on to get him. I mean, some may remember that last year I was pimping out Chandler Jones like no tomorrow and I was bummed that we passed on him for Irvin. I still am, to a degree. So, I guess I would lament "the one that got away" moreso than the player we actually picked.

I was right there with you at the time. I have since gotten over it and realized JS and PC know more about football than I do. What's holding you back?

Honey Badger. I will say though that he is linked to us which typically means there is no chance.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Two guys from LSU are at the top of my most unwanted list: Sam Montgomery and Honey Badger. Want nothing to do with them at all

Hawk Finn

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":p259gqps said:
Hawk Finn":p259gqps said:

I was right there with you at the time. I have since gotten over it and realized JS and PC know more about football than I do. What's holding you back?

I think the fact that Jones is essentially a more complete DE. I would trust him more in run D. I think he would have stepped right in for Clem against ATL and been more effective.

All that said, I do like Irvin. He fits our need for a speed rusher. I guess all in all I'm ok with the pick, but can't help but wonder what may have been. You are right, though; Pete & John have earned my trust.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
HawkGA":2ushc63g said:
Friday consists of both the 2nd and 3rd round.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Manti Teo. I like they guy and think he would be a good, not great MLB for somebody that needs one. But man would that suck.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
A punter. At 56

That's about the only way I wouldn't drink the PC/JS kool-aid on whoever they pick. They've earned enough trust from me