What pick would ruin your draftsmas?

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! RATING: PG-13
What pick would ruin your draftsmas?
Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:52 pm
  • Which pick, if called at #56, would just eat at you and make the rest of the draft difficult to enjoy? It needs to be a pick that is at least faintly plausible.

For me, it would be Montori Hughes at #56. It would be such a classic first pick by Seattle. Hughes may not have any pass rush ability, but he's a legit athlete and has incredible core strength. He's a raw high upside player that would play DT in 2013 but would probably take over for Red Bryant down the road.

Taking Hughes that high would also be a monster reach, but I don't think Seattle will care about that if they like Hughes as much as I fear they might.

Jonathan Hankins at #56 would suck balls as well. Bennie Logan would be unpleasant, but at least with Logan I see Alan Branch type upside to him, so it wouldn't feel like a wasted pick.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

Re: What pick would ruin your draftsmas?
Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:57 pm
  • Honey Badger
    "Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:25 pm
  • SacHawk2.0 wrote:Honey Badger

kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:11 am
  • margus hunt
    jp25591
    NET Bench Warmer

Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:29 am
  • kearly you just might may be intuiting the future... and it would be classic new school Seahawks. :o
    Yet, I could live with Montori Hughes at #56, because its a Pete Carroll/John Schneider special kind 'o reaching... and we could use the runstuffing depth at DT.

What would ruin my Draftsmas would be: a wait all day Thursday, watch the Draft, think about it all night, get all excited Friday morning cuz 'today's the day' @56... then waiting most of Friday night, anticipation building... building... and then pulling out the: Sam Montgomery, DE, LSU card.
    That would be like Eww, kitty puke! :pukeface: but that's just me & my personal pet peeve pick.

ps Of course, you've had me wishing for Zach Ertz again for 2 days... it would also suck if the Rams or 49ers drafted him instead.
    kigenzun
    NET Starter

Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:13 am
  • I'm assuming a trade back out of Friday completely would bum a lot of people here. I don't watch the draft as much as I used to, but no matter how good Harvin turns out to be, it's still a bummer that the Hawks will be sitting on their hands tonight.
    HawkGA
    NET Veteran

Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:31 am
  • NO Honey BOO BOO. I trust PC and JS are above that pick.
    Go Hawks!
    j hawk
    NET Rookie

Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:33 am
  • HawkGA wrote:I'm assuming a trade back out of Friday completely would bum a lot of people here. I don't watch the draft as much as I used to, but no matter how good Harvin turns out to be, it's still a bummer that the Hawks will be sitting on their hands tonight.

Yep...a trade down will ruin the night for me.
    aawolf
    NET Starter

Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:35 am
  • Mike Glennon. I would punch myself in the face. Good thing it will never happen.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:48 am
  • Ryan Swope or Margus Hunt
    P-Rich fo life
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:50 am
  • Great question, and I'm not sure I have a specific answer. I think it depends on who we pass on to get him. I mean, some may remember that last year I was pimping out Chandler Jones like no tomorrow and I was bummed that we passed on him for Irvin. I still am, to a degree. So, I guess I would lament "the one that got away" moreso than the player we actually picked.
    Hawk Finn
    NET Veteran

Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:58 am
  • I will take Scottemojo's Glennon thoughts a step further and say any QB. We might as well see Brady Quinn as our David Carr because RW will break Eli's consecutive start string without being hurt so it doesn't matter who the hell the backup QB is. Take some OL help and that guarantee's my theory.
    penihawk
    NET Practice Squad

Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:05 am
  • Hawk Finn wrote:Great question, and I'm not sure I have a specific answer. I think it depends on who we pass on to get him. I mean, some may remember that last year I was pimping out Chandler Jones like no tomorrow and I was bummed that we passed on him for Irvin. I still am, to a degree. So, I guess I would lament "the one that got away" moreso than the player we actually picked.

I was right there with you at the time. I have since gotten over it and realized JS and PC know more about football than I do. What's holding you back?

Honey Badger. I will say though that he is linked to us which typically means there is no chance.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:31 am
  • Two guys from LSU are at the top of my most unwanted list: Sam Montgomery and Honey Badger. Want nothing to do with them at all
    Missing_Clink
    NET Veteran

Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:51 am
  • CALIHAWK1 wrote:
    Hawk Finn wrote:Great question, and I'm not sure I have a specific answer. I think it depends on who we pass on to get him. I mean, some may remember that last year I was pimping out Chandler Jones like no tomorrow and I was bummed that we passed on him for Irvin. I still am, to a degree. So, I guess I would lament "the one that got away" moreso than the player we actually picked.

I was right there with you at the time. I have since gotten over it and realized JS and PC know more about football than I do. What's holding you back?

I think the fact that Jones is essentially a more complete DE. I would trust him more in run D. I think he would have stepped right in for Clem against ATL and been more effective.

All that said, I do like Irvin. He fits our need for a speed rusher. I guess all in all I'm ok with the pick, but can't help but wonder what may have been. You are right, though; Pete & John have earned my trust.
    Hawk Finn
    NET Veteran

Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:07 am
  • kearly wrote:
    SacHawk2.0 wrote:Honey Badger

Sums up my feelings on the matter perfectly.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:10 am
  • HawkGA wrote:I'm assuming a trade back out of Friday completely would bum a lot of people here. I don't watch the draft as much as I used to, but no matter how good Harvin turns out to be, it's still a bummer that the Hawks will be sitting on their hands tonight.

Friday consists of both the 2nd and 3rd round.
    SUPERBOWL!!
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran

Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:12 am
  • Manti Teo. I like they guy and think he would be a good, not great MLB for somebody that needs one. But man would that suck.
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:24 am
  • Denard Robinson
    SDHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:50 am
  • A punter. At 56

That's about the only way I wouldn't drink the PC/JS kool-aid on whoever they pick. They've earned enough trust from me
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:14 pm
  • Christine Michael - rare RBs are rare. Michael may be a good back, but he has a massive injury history, inconsistent behavior, and was dogged by his college coaches when they needed him most.
    It is what it is...
    nbk35zw
    NET Rookie

Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:48 pm
  • Why not trade a fourth for Ivory. A proven running back. Stupid, stupid pick.
    It is what it is...
    nbk35zw
    NET Rookie

Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:26 pm
  • nbk35zw wrote:Why not trade a fourth for Ivory. A proven running back. Stupid, stupid pick.

We didn't need a proven back.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:28 am
  • This is a steal at #62. AND 2 extra picks for depth on Day 3... brilliant. :D
    kigenzun
    NET Starter

It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:15 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information