Bennett's take on the secondary...

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Pretty neat.

“I’ve never played with a secondary with this caliber of talent,” Bennett said. “That’s one of the unique things about this defense and this team. I’ve played with some OK secondaries since I’ve been in the league, but this is my first time playing with a secondary like this.”

And make no mistake, the Seahawks were Bennett’s destination team even before he hit free agency last month.

“I turned down money to come here, and came here on just a one-year contract,” he said. “This is where I wanted to be. I love this place.”

http://blog.seahawks.com/2013/04/24/sec ... l-bennett/

Subzero717

Reaction score
As long as I've been a fan I've never had this feeling of how special I think this team is going to be. It makes me giddy.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
It certainly is a long way from the days where players like Kris Dielman would only look at the Seahawks as leverage for a bigger contract elsewhere.

Awesome indeed!

DJrmb

Reaction score
I think most of us realized that players took less money or smaller deals to come here this year but it is nice to see some of these guys coming out and making public statements to that fact. It's no longer just a rumor that players want to come here and will take less to do so but it's a fact. That will surely give us leverage with agents going forward that we are a desired destination and only play into Pete and Johns hands even more.

razgriz737

Reaction score
jlwaters1":1crnpw79 said:
“I turned down money to come here, and came here on just a one-year contract,” he said. “This is where I wanted to be. I love this place.”
Jeremiah%20Johnson%20nod.gif

CHawk

Reaction score
What is more important an SB ring or the money? The players know they are going to have work hard to make it happen. Just fattening the wallet and collecting a paycheck, no glory. If they reach that goal they will get paid.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
RolandDeschain":2sozdo78 said:
I bet these guys's agents don't like this one bit. Less money for them. :devil:

Not necessarily. If sports agents are anything like literary agents, best fit for future potential is at least as much a factor as cost of contract. Maybe more. "Best deal for the client" is the sentiment, which isn't necessarily "show me the money!"

MysterMatt

Reaction score
Remind me, wasn't Bennett one of the guys Ruskell let go so we could keep a child molester...I mean a kicker...on the roster?

Scottemojo

Reaction score
MysterMatt":14hwjx9v said:
Remind me, wasn't Bennett one of the guys Ruskell let go so we could keep a child molester...I mean a kicker...on the roster?
Aye.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3i1m5luq said:
MysterMatt":3i1m5luq said:
Aye.
Gawd, I HATE Ruskell! Hate, hate, HATE!

Scottemojo

Reaction score
MysterMatt":yg99pryj said:
Scottemojo":yg99pryj said:
MysterMatt":yg99pryj said:
Aye.
Gawd, I HATE Ruskell! Hate, hate, HATE!
And he looked like Carl Rove.

Latest posts