JSeahawks final Seahawks mock draft

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Here goes. As usual, let me remind you that i'm not a guy who does a ton of research on all the different draft prospects. Just a dude who watches a lot of football, especially pac 12. So i'm just going with guys that I know. I also really like the idea of taking mostly west coast guys as I believe it makes it more likely that they'll resign with Seattle when the time comes.:

Round 2: Kyle Long, OG/OT, Oregon: Would make an excellent backup linemen as he could play every position except center. But I think he could also be a week 1 starter at guard.

Round 3: Kiko Alonso, LB, Oregon: Another guy who I think could start week 1. Either at outside linebacker, or at middle linebacker if the coaches wanted to push Wagner outside. Wherever Kiko gets drafted I think he'll be a pro bowler by the time his rookie contract is up. He plays mean, he's a bully. Personality fits in perfectly with Seattle's defense.

Round 4: Matt Scott, QB, Arizona: I'm not nearly as high as most here on Scott but I think he'll be fine as a backup to Russell Wilson. I'm not sold on Quinn or Portis.

Round 5: Jonathin Franklin, RB, UCLA: Good compliment to Lynch and Turbin.

Round 5: John Simon, D'line, Ohio State: Just going on Kearly's recomendation on this one.

Round 6: John Boyette, S, Oregon: Sat out last year due to injury otherwise probably would have gone in the 3rd round range. Solid backup for both safety positions and a great special teamer.

Round 7: Random o'linemen, not going to pretend to know who.

Round 7. Ace Sanders, wr/returner South Carolina. dude's electric. A poor man's Tavon Austin without the high end speed.

Round 7: Michael Clay, LB, Oregon. Has a lot of the Russell Wilson factor. Too small to play linebacker in the NFL. But incredible intangibles and one of the best people you'll ever come across.

Round 7: Dustin Hopkins, K, Florida State: I'm not sold on Hauschka.

Yes, lots of Ducks. Before you call me a homer please understand i'm just going with guys that I know, and really do feel that all of these guys would be good value at their draft positions and all could make the Seahawks a better team.

chris98251

Reaction score
Homer, hells he's not just at home with them he's cooking breakfast.

pehawk

Reaction score
I giggled clicking on this. And giggled more reading it.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
pehawk":160jxhd1 said:
I giggled clicking on this. And giggled more reading it.

I knew the idea of so many Ducks would make you giddy!

Remember, Ducks are used to kicking ass in the city of Seattle. It's like a second home to them.

GCrow

Reaction score
I don't know why, but I too really like Alonso and would love him on the Seahawks.

Also, knock a knock more an observation, but saw Tony Pauline was saying that alot of teams have Jonathon Franklin as their #1 RB ahead of Lacy. So could definetly see him going somewhere as high as early second.

pehawk

Reaction score
Aside from giggling, not bad. Will the Ducks accept a salary cap structure?

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
pehawk":2lynnxr1 said:

They might have to sell off a car or two, but they can always pawn off their SB rings after the season.

chris98251

Reaction score
JSeahawks":iriwz9se said:
pehawk":iriwz9se said:

They might have to sell off a car or two, but they can always pawn off their SB rings after the season.

Ducks have cars, I thought with all the speeding tickets and loss of license they had them all impounded already :)

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
Wonder if the Eagles fans are getting the same crap we got when we hired Pete?

Every player that has Oregon ties... Lazy journalists?

kearly

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1u114uwn said:
Maybe we can get some Huskies and Trojans in undrafted free agency to cut.

Actually, Huskies and USC UDFAs have had surprising staying power with the Seahawks in recent years. Its the Oregon UDFAs that haven't fared as well. :)

Nice mock. I wish Kiko Alonso was faster because I don't think Seattle would be against adding a MLB if he was fast enough. I think Kyle Long has good upside and he fits Seattle well, I just think he ends up at guard and I don't want Seattle spending their best pick on something they don't need at all.

I'm probably Matt Scott's biggest fan around here, but I'm not sure how I'd feel about taking him in the 4th. If we traded down and picked up an extra mid round pick, I'd be okay with it, but I've really warmed on the idea of Daniels, Aplin, or Rodgers with the last pick in the draft.

I literally thought you were going to write "random Duck" in the 7th round section. Too bad, that would have been funny.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Shuck a duck. Quack Quack.

Chip Kelly is going to be pissed, you stole half his board.

two dog

Reaction score
If you're just going with the guts you know,... why aren't they all ducks?

Not to suggest you only know ducks, just pulling your (webbed) leg.

Atradees

Reaction score
I like kyle long. ...and seventh round kicker.
Unless Fells pans out at TE I am guessing we draft one. I am guessing we draft a qb-value vise it looks or feels to me to be good draft for talent. Of course the Hawks will scout more than the PAC 12.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I edited in my 7th round WR. Ace Sanders, wr/returner South Carolina. dude's electric. A poor man's Tavon Austin without the high end speed.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
kearly":2e67s1wb said:
Nice mock. I wish Kiko Alonso was faster because I don't think Seattle would be against adding a MLB if he was fast enough. I think Kyle Long has good upside and he fits Seattle well, I just think he ends up at guard and I don't want Seattle spending their best pick on something they don't need at all.

I'm probably Matt Scott's biggest fan around here, but I'm not sure how I'd feel about taking him in the 4th. If we traded down and picked up an extra mid round pick, I'd be okay with it, but I've really warmed on the idea of Daniels, Aplin, or Rodgers with the last pick in the draft.

I literally thought you were going to write "random Duck" in the 7th round section. Too bad, that would have been funny.

Yea, ideally i'd take Matt Scott a few rounds lower, i just figure if we want him 4th is about where he'll probably go to some QB starved team. I've never seen any of those other 3 guys you mentioned so can't comment on them.

I would have gone "random Duck" in the 7th round, but I think I already got all the draft eligible Ducks that I want. Although I suppose I could have thrown Jackson Rice, Punter in there....