NBA returning to Seattle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seahawksfan425

Reaction score
Seattle SuperSonics ‏@BringBackSonics 6m
Per @Kjrmitch: David Stern goes to KJ behind closed doors and says sorry, you're not going to win. The owners aren't going to deny the move.

I want to believe...

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Seahawksfan425":5tf7q2sx said:
Seattle SuperSonics ‏@BringBackSonics 6m
Per @Kjrmitch: David Stern goes to KJ behind closed doors and says sorry, you're not going to win. The owners aren't going to deny the move.

I want to believe...

That was a theory the Mitch was talking about earlier today on his radio show and I too wish that this scenario played out, but I doubt it.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Stern wants to play this out. He has got a lot of people in two cities sweating and waiting for him and this is EXACTLY WHERE HE WANTS TO BE. We'll have to wait until he has his limp orgasm or whatever before he finally decides to expidite the thing, like he should've done last week.

kigenzun

Reaction score
David Stern is evil. The solution is simple NBA. Retire Stern, and give us an expansion franchise and the #1 pick for stealing Kevin Durant & Co.
We don't want the Kings, and we don't want nothing... so give us what you owe us... fire David Stern... and let us have our own 'start over from scratch expansion franchise' back.

Subzero717

Reaction score
kigenzun":1w1hzorn said:
David Stern is evil. The solution is simple NBA. Retire Stern, and give us an expansion franchise and the #1 pick for stealing Kevin Durant & Co.
We don't want the Kings, and we don't want nothing... so give us what you owe us... fire David Stern... and let us have our own 'start over from scratch expansion franchise' back.

I for one do not want an expansion team. The league is watered down enough already.

The Outfield

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":6stgm0eu said:
kigenzun":6stgm0eu said:

I for one do not want an expansion team. The league is watered down enough already.

Same. And on top of that, we'd likely have to wait an additional 1-2 years for an expansion team.

RealDeal

Reaction score
I want the kings more now then I did, the reason is cause Sacramento fans and KJ keep throwing us seattle people under the bus. So I have no shame in taking the kings.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Very interesting series of twits from Tim Montemayor, don't know what to think of them:

Tim Montemayor ‏@TheMontyShow 9m
There is an effort to satisfy both cities in the #NBAKings saga: I am told there is a plan being talked about where #Seattle would …

Tim Montemayor ‏@TheMontyShow 7m
…get an expansion team in 2014/2015 and most of the requirements for that process are already met through the current situation #NBAKings

Tim Montemayor ‏@TheMontyShow 6m
The #NBA has gone to great lengths to find a way to satisfy both situations without creating more “disfunction and animosity” in either city

Tim Montemayor ‏@TheMontyShow 4m
The lone sticking point is the #Seattle groups willingness to wait another year which I am told they have fought hard against #NBAKings

Tim Montemayor ‏@TheMontyShow 2m
I have also confirmed via two sources that David Stern has told #Seattle this is the only path that assures an #NBA return to the market

Tim Montemayor ‏@TheMontyShow 1m
Stern has made it clear he will not push or force any other club to relocate to #Seattle he feels the process is bad 4 all parties involved

Tim Montemayor ‏@TheMontyShow 38s
If the #Seattle chooses to move ahead with the #NBAKings #Stern told them “it’s would be tough to overcome Sacramento’s obvious advantage”

Team is there, strong group, KJ, and fan support RT @mtmoore55: what’s the “obvious advantage”?! I’m slow! @TheMontyShow

I was told the day #Seattle signed w/ Maloofs that they would have to double they strongest points of Sacramento to get team, have they? No

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Blitzer88":1zyjj6to said:
Very interesting series of twits from Tim Montemayor, don't know what to think of them:

I have also confirmed via two sources that David Stern has told #Seattle this is the only path that assures an #NBA return to the market

Wait, am I translating this right? Sounds like: "expansion is the only way you're ever getting a team in Seattle again, so kiss those Kings goodbye and hope the next commissioner's nice enough to consider expanding a league that can't really afford it."

Wonderful.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":2zczttkv said:
Blitzer88":2zczttkv said:

Wait, am I translating this right? Sounds like: "expansion is the only way you're ever getting a team in Seattle again, so kiss those Kings goodbye and hope the next commissioner's nice enough to consider expanding a league that can't really afford it."

Wonderful.

Thats how I read it. I hate Stern!

Shaz

Reaction score
I would love an expansion team, if that's deal then the Kings stay and Seattle waits 1 more year for the Sonics

Throwdown

Reaction score
He's also from the Bay Area and was on with Brock Huard a few weeks back, dude sounds like a wack job.

IMO anyone claiming sources right now is talking out their ass, NBA is on hush til the decision in May.

JOz56

Reaction score
Throwdown":3rxl10sx said:
He's also from the Bay Area and was on with Brock Huard a few weeks back, dude sounds like a wack job.

IMO anyone claiming sources right now is talking out their ass, NBA is on hush til the decision in May.

This.

Also:

If the #Seattle chooses to move ahead with the #NBAKings #Stern told them “it’s would be tough to overcome Sacramento’s obvious advantage”

All credibility is lost with this. Sactown has no obvious advantage. At all. All they have is the sentimentality angle, and we all know the NBA gives too craps about that.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
JOz56":2t460vla said:
Throwdown":2t460vla said:

This.

Also:

All credibility is lost with this. Sactown has no obvious advantage. At all. All they have is the sentimentality angle, and we all know the NBA gives too craps about that.

"Sacramento's obvious advantage?" Last I knew, drugs that damaging were still illegal. Let's see: Better arena plans? Nope. Better ownership structure? Nope. Larger market? Nope. Hell, they don't even have the sentimentality angle. I'd bet the Sonics are still viewed much more favorably than the Kings in terms of sentimentality everywhere outside of Sacramento proper. Stern didn't have credibility before. That just says he doesn't give a shit about what he say or does.

Throwdown

Reaction score
The only advantage they have is being the incumbent city, the Kings have been told to go about business as usual and prepare for next season as if they were in Sacramento though, theres that for you.

But I'm pretty sure Hansen's been given the go ahead too as he's reaching deals to get the Key ready, and they have 41 dates (probably playoff dates too) on hold.

IMO, I wouldn't read into anything strongly until MAYBE after Friday when the recommendation is made, we may get some news, maybe not. The NBA owners are incredible when it comes to being on gag order, they'll say a lot and still say nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.