Is Tyrann Mathieu high?

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Hahaha I really hope someone is trolling him with this because if this is actually his doing...just, wow.

Rat

Reaction score
I didn't read anything past the title of this thread.

The answer is probably "yes".

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
If you're going undrafted you might as well act like a first rounder. Baller!! :sarcasm_off:

drrew

Reaction score
It's really a shame because he has so much talent, but forget the 1st round nonsense, he's admitted that he has substance abuse issues, but here he is advertising his party at a club, and making sure to mention the after party at a different club.

That would seem to indicate he hasn't learned a damn thing from his year away from football, and is enough of a red flag for me that I'd take him off my draft board.

Happy

Reaction score
I really feel bad for the kid. His career as a pro athlete is not going to end well and it's all gonna in the public domain to boot.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
He posted this from his verified Twitter account. Can't claim ignorance on this one.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Anything is possible. Just takes one person to fall in love with a player.

drdiags

Reaction score
-The Glove-":2oup4whj said:
He posted this from his verified Twitter account. Can't claim ignorance on this one.

Guess it isn't the same as claiming your twitter account was hacked but he is doing some back-pedaling

Tyrann Mathieu ‏@Mathieu_Era 3h
I didn't say i was going 1st round.. I Did not approve that part of the flyer...

Tyrann Mathieu ‏@Mathieu_Era 4h
Smh they just be looking for stuff

Killa Kam

Reaction score
What exactly is the problem here? Even if he doesnt get drafted in the 1st round, he is still accomplishing something that people outside of the smallest fraction of athletes will ever sniff. Shit, Ive gone to nightclub parties to celebrate someone getting a couple of dollar an hour raise at their job, but this guy cant celebrate getting into the nfl?

How is that any different from this? Is he not allowed to have fun on what will probably be one of the best days of his life like every other draft pick?
BIoYiDRCMAIszIa.jpg

drrew

Reaction score
Killa Kam":2cqe0lu1 said:
What exactly is the problem here? Even if he doesnt get drafted in the 1st round, he is still accomplishing something that people outside of the smallest fraction of athletes will ever sniff. Shit, Ive gone to nightclub parties to celebrate someone getting a couple of dollar an hour raise at their job, but this guy cant celebrate getting into the nfl?

He can and certainly should celebrate, but when you have a known substance abuse problem, it's not real smart to be celebrating in nightclubs.

It shows a lack of judgement, and if you're going to pay him a lot of money to play football, you were hoping that he'd have moved past his prior lapses in judgment.

OP
OP
SeahawksFanForever

SeahawksFanForever

Reaction score
Lil Trufant is most likely going to end up being a first rounder yet his flyer does not mention that. That is the problem with Honey Badger's flyer. He can celebrate all he want even if he gets drafted in round 2 or 3

drdiags

Reaction score
@Killa. I think the issue is that the flyer made up for Mathieu is claiming he will be a #1 pick. Some may be questioning him wanting to celebrate on the first day of the draft but I agree one should be able to celebrate **possibly** getting a chance to play a game professionally most only can dream about.

The quote that he doesn't turn 21 until May 13th could be a problem but I don't claim to know his birthday so I take that with a grain of salt. I know I was drinking before I was of legal age and would try to sneak into an adult lounge if given the chance back when I couldn't wait to be legal.

Maybe he is just one of the new bad guys folks like shaking their head at after the notorious Pacman Jones disastrous early years in the league? Admit it, one bad apple is usually the one used to form an opinion on how future troubled athletes will turn out.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
drdiags":3d4btr5t said:
-The Glove-":3d4btr5t said:

Guess it isn't the same as claiming your twitter account was hacked but he is doing some back-pedaling

Tyrann Mathieu ‏@Mathieu_Era 3h
I didn't say i was going 1st round.. I Did not approve that part of the flyer...

Tyrann Mathieu ‏@Mathieu_Era 4h
Smh they just be looking for stuff

He just cancelled the party.

If he can back-pedal this fast on the field, 1st rounder for sure.

Happy

Reaction score
I guess the way I see it is the the kid seems to lack guidance. He's just doing a lot of dumb stuff that indicates there's no one behind the scenes holding him accountable for his behavior and helping him keep his priorities right. For young ballers with limited life experience coming into some money that's often been a recipe for disaster.

two dog

Reaction score
With his history, he should be sitting at home between his parents.
Further, he should be wearing a sweater vest and a bow tie.
And practicing his "yes sirs".

Fire up the bong the night after.