Golden Tate interview on KJR

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
It's getting good reviews on Twitter. Does anyone have a link?

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Good interview. Hopefully we can find a restructure with rice/miller to keep Tate.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
I really hope he sticks around. He and Wilson seem to really have good chemistry. Lets hope Rice and Miller are willing to restructure to help keep the band together.

NYCoug

Reaction score
What an excellent interview! I love how Golden got overwhelmed a few times when thinking about the possibilities with this squad. He sounds like a diehard. Gotta love that.

Golden's about to have a HUGE season this year. His career so far has almost mirrored that of Jordy Nelson's his first 3 years in the league. It wasn't until year 4 that he broke out and established himself. I think Tate does the same this season. He sounds ready to lace em up and go right now! The whole team does!

Hawknballs

Reaction score
GoldenIsThyTate":2h39eg8z said:
cut him...

agree. He just doesn't want it enough.

121108-tate-400x400.jpg

jlwaters1

Reaction score
I really like Golden Tate. I think he's a dynamic player and I hope there's a way we can keep Harvin, Tate, and Baldwin for several more years. I really like Rice too, but I can't see him being around next year unless his deal get's restructured.

I think he's very valuable to the team and has a knack for making big plays. I keep thinking of the big catches he made against the Jets (for a TD), the one against Miami along the sideline when he went to the ground and still caught it. The long pass against the Bears in the first half, All of those show his tremendous body control and ability to go get the ball. I love that.

drdiags

Reaction score
Tate is a playmaker. He is a little quirky but he is coming along nicely as a pro. He may not be able to be re-signed after this year but I am hoping they can figure out a way. He may have been in many folks eyes a Harvin-lite, I see nothing wrong with having both of these guys on the field at the same time. This season will prove that out one way or the other.

Loved his line of thinking in the interview and his honesty in his concerns when Harvin came on-board.

CANHawk

Reaction score
The amount of disrespect Golden Tate gets on this board really pisses me off.

Dude is a baller and totally broke out last year. He had a huge hand in several of our biggest wins last year (Green Bay, Chicago, Minnesota) and was a huge factor in our almost come from behind playoff win at Atlanta. He even threw a fricken TD pass (no bonus points given for style). Guy's a fricken stud, yet people think he still doesn't deserve to be here this season. Pathetic...

Golden's going to make a lot of people look really stupid after this season.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
CANHawk":nu4efn4g said:
The amount of disrespect Golden Tate gets on this board really pisses me off.

Dude is a baller and totally broke out last year. He had a huge hand in several of our biggest wins last year (Green Bay, Chicago, Minnesota) and was a huge factor in our almost come from behind playoff win at Atlanta. He even threw a fricken TD pass (no bonus points given for style). Guy's a fricken stud, yet people think he still doesn't deserve to be here this season. Pathetic...

Golden's going to make a lot of people look really stupid after this season.

I agree.

There was a point last year where both Tate and Rice were catching TD's consistenty. They turned into a legitimate threat over these games.
If we could keep Tate for a reasonable sum, I'd do it. I think he ready to have a great year. It sounds like from the interview he finally get it and
understands the importance of putting in the time in the classroom.

I've never been more excited for both an offense and defense and their potential. I can't wait for training camp.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
CANHawk":2csyvrt7 said:
He even threw a fricken TD pass (no bonus points given for style).

And what that pass lacked in style it made up for in accuracy. That was not the easiest throw to make and Tate put it right in Rice's hands.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Tate has pulled our tails out of the fire in a few games.

The idea that we are somehow made any better with his loss OR that we somehow will be just as good without him, is folly.

The guy is not just very very good, but also driven. Once he gets the ball he is a careening and spinning dervish with no other need in the world save to get the first down or get to the end zone.

Those guys are rare.

He isn't getting respect on this team because he took a few years to break out, but he is absolutely one of the most dangerous players on our offense. I really hope we don't screw up and not bother to keep him.

NYCoug

Reaction score
The more and more I see of Golden, the less and less I see Percy Harvin and instead see Steve Smith (Carolina one). Undersized but with the ability to go up and fight for the ball as if he were much bigger. I think Golden's going to be our Steve Smith/Jordy Nelson type guy who can just make a play on the ball in the air and rack up tough yards after the catch. I'm hoping he stays long-term.

Plus, he's a good example of a guy who unlike Chancellor, Sherman, Thomas, Wilson, etc. didn't have the immediate success and was kind of on thin-ice at one point, or so it seemed. He responded beautifully and is making Pete and John look pretty smart. I'm thinking they'll reward him much in the way they've rewarded Chancellor, although probably not as expensive.

Axx

Reaction score
Golden Tate is a competitor. we all saw him compete for the ball in the green bay game.