2005 Seahawks or 2013 Seahawks?

If you had to take one team, which would it be?

• 2013 Seahawks

Votes: 81 87.1%
  • 2005 Seahawks

Votes: 16 17.2%

• Total voters

kearly

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":3ehzwhsf said:
According to FO, the 2005 Hawks was vastly superior on offense to the 2012 Hawks. It's not even close. That team was the #1 offense. The 2012 Hawks defense was vastly superior to the 2005 Hawks. 2012 Hawks had the leagues best defense.

The 2005 team won the Super Bowl. The 2012 team didn't make the Super Bowl.

Until the 2013 team proves they're better than the 2012 squad, the 2005 team is still the best.

FO has it right. The 2005 team didn't lose one of their most critically important players to an ACL and then have to play on the road to a rested 13-3 team at 10am. Postseason results are a poor way of evaluating a team. TONS of luck involved.

Keep in mind too- the Hasselbeck/Holmgren era Seahawks never won a playoff road game. Wilson won his very first, and should have won his second despite a pair of major handicaps.

Leroy Hill played for both teams and said the 2012 version would win by at least a touchdown.

themunn

Reaction score
kearly":2pvqgxqw said:
SalishHawkFan":2pvqgxqw said:
According to FO, the 2005 Hawks was vastly superior on offense to the 2012 Hawks. It's not even close. That team was the #1 offense. The 2012 Hawks defense was vastly superior to the 2005 Hawks. 2012 Hawks had the leagues best defense.

Until the 2013 team proves they're better than the 2012 squad, the 2005 team is still the best.

FO has it right. The 2005 team didn't lose one of their most critically important players to an ACL and then have to play on the road to a rested 13-3 team at 10am. Postseason results are a poor way of evaluating a team. TONS of luck involved.

Keep in mind too- the Hasselbeck/Holmgren era Seahawks never won a playoff road game. Wilson won his very first, and should have won his second despite a pair of major handicaps.

Leroy Hill played for both teams and said the 2012 version would win by at least a touchdown.

So what you're saying is the best way to judge a team isn't by their postseason results, but by their regular season results?
What's the point in even having the postseason if it's all just luck?
The 2005 Hawks went 13-3 and went to the superbowl.
And whilst yes, we lost Clemons, if you think that one player is the reason we lost the game then maybe we should really be saying Marquand Manuel cost us the Superbowl?
He might not be as good at his position as Clemons, but the drop off from his to Eric Pruitt is far greater than Clemons to Irvin.

You're playing a game of what-ifs again, even if we didn't lose Clemons and beat Atlanta, we still have to go to San Francisco and beat them. Sure we beat them at the CLink, but the playoffs are a different beast, and it's still not gimme that we would have beaten them - especially considering they managed what we couldn't and travelled to Atlanta and won.

I *think* the 2012 Seahawks would beat the 2005 Seahawks in a one-off one-on-one match up. But until another team matches their achievement, the 2005 Hawks are still the benchmark that everyone in the team should be striving for, not the 2012 Hawks.

hawker84

Reaction score
Erebus":8lfx2ylx said:
Considering the 2005 Seahawks didn't win the Super Bowl, there's no reason at this point to take them over a team that could win the Super Bowl.

incorrect they did win that superbowl... just not on the official record... anybody that watched that game knows Seattle was the better team and should have won...

hawker84

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":2ehkoahz said:

This^^^ i chose 2005 team, until proven differntly.

jack_patera

Reaction score
that '05 team was good...obviously, they made it to sb...but, and this could just be me, i HOPED they were going to win...

but with '13 edition, i KNOW they are gonna win...and it comes down to qb play really...the original matty ice was very solid, but he had his times when he was off, offense was too...key on alexander boom offense done...this version way more weapons as well as better defense...

i'm actually surprised at how not close this is in my mind, especially since '05 went to sb...'13 version by a mile...

Steve2222

Reaction score
SonicHawk":38eyxs9q said:
LB goes to 2005.

I'd take Bobby Wagner and KJ Wright over Lofa Tatupu and DD Lewis/Kevin Bentley easily.