new take on the Chancellor hit

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
That come from the 42-13 game, didn't it?

Why, come to think about it, it did.

Cheers, brothers. :229031_cheers:

JesterHawk

Reaction score
Hawk-A-Loogie":3mqlu23t said:
Vernon Davis was claimed 100% sure that it was a helmet to helmet. LOL

I am 100% sure that Vernon Davis wasn't 100% sure about anything after that hit.

Navyhawkfan187

Reaction score
That game in its entirety is on Youtube for your viewing pleasure, or at least it used to be, I haven't watched it yet this week.

CHawk

Reaction score
Davis couldn't be sure if it was a Kam helmet or train that hit him

sprhawk

Reaction score
The ref who thru that flag should be flogged heavily. The only way to keep that play from going into the endzone was precisely the way Kam not only played it but kept it clean too.

Reminds me off that Sherm INT where he wasn't even in the screen shot and "pluck" Thanks C ya. U Mad Bro.

Gotta luv a good secondary.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Guarantee if it was a Niner hitting one of our receivers, no flag.
Oh wait, they don't have any hard hitters like Kam.

gtcotcakya

Reaction score
If I recall correctly he was flagged but not fined, correct? Isn't that tantamount to the league saying the hit was clean and the ref was wrong?

olyfan63

Reaction score
Wow... unbelievable, that video at 6:30 where Undertaker throws Mankind off the top of the cage--16 feet of fall, and 300 pounds of human beef landing sideways on a table... holy shiite, un-freaking-believable!! How did he survive? I'm thinking head injuries, and if it was a planned stunt, the sheer planning and execution to pull it off and not kill the dude was amazing in itself.

EDIT:
There is some discussion of it here:
http://www.wrestlingforum.com/classic-w ... -cell.html
Still... FREAKIN AMAZING!!

EDIT2:

Later in that SAME match, Mankind, after somehow getting up from the first fall and climbing back to the top of the cage, fell through the roof again when Undertaker threw him down and the cage fencing gave way. Not planned. Knocked him out cold. Somehow, he got up and resumed fighting after that fall too! Unbelievable shtuff...!!

From: http://www.the-coli.com/tsc/55235-did-u ... XoqDrVwp8E
Originally Posted by Alpha Dog
Found this:

Even though the fall from the cage was planned and well executed, Terry Funk and Vince McMahon broke kayfabe at the time, both were involved in feuds with Mankind to come down ringside and check on Foley's condition. Later, Foley would claim that he had introduced the idea of the throw from the top of the cage earlier in the day; the wrestler portraying Undertaker, Mark Calaway, at first resisted, asking him, "Mick, do you want to die?", but reluctantly agreed.

As he was being wheeled up the aisle, Mankind got off of the gurney, and, despite a dislocated shoulder, walked back towards the ring and climbed back on top of the cage, much to the delight of the fans. The match continued, even though the roof of the cage was buckling under both of them with every step they took.

Mankind's second fall through the roof of the CellDuring the ensuing fight, The Undertaker chokeslammed Mankind on the roof of the cage. Unlike the throw from the top of the cell, what happened next was not planned or even anticipated by either Foley or Calaway, as the section of the cage roof that Foley landed on gave way and Foley fell hard into the ring where he suffered a concussion and was knocked out cold for around a minute and a half. Power Slam wrestling magazine claims that this second fall was also planned, and in Have A Nice Day, Foley does not specifically claim that this was unplanned, and he also states that he and Calaway hoped that it might cause a slight break in the cage. The weight from the two wrestlers (almost 600 pounds) on top of the cage both before and after Foley's fall was said to be a key reason for the collapse of the cage. Making matters worse, the ring was one of the older style rings used by the WWF, which had less give to its surface so as to make the matches more realistic looking on television. In addition to the fall, a steel chair lying on the roof of the cage fell through and struck Foley in the face, dislocating his jaw and knocking out one and a half teeth as well as creating a large cut beneath his lip

In the end, the match left Foley with a dislocated jaw, a dislocated shoulder, a bruised kidney, 2 broken ribs, one and a half missing teeth, a concussion, and 14 stitches for the cut beneath his lip. He took 2 months to recover, and the match almost certainly helped shorten his active wrestling career.

I think there's better money in football for the physical abuse. Mankind's TWO falls in the same match make Kam's hit on Davis look ordinary by comparison, and it was a helluva hit!

seatt1eslew

Reaction score
Good Stuff.

Yet, it is his presence in the locker room, that makes him a steal. Go Hawks!

MLOhawks

Reaction score
Heh, for some reason when I saw the name "Ross" I was expecting to hear that high-pitched flamboyantly gay guy talking (I think he is friends with Chelsey Handler maybe? Can't remember).

Never understood how wrestling gets any viewers, even as a kid I hated it. It's just so dumb and fake as hell. And they learn how to fall and how to absorb impacts, so not only is it choreographed, but the "falling" is fake too. It's a modern mystery, how can so many people waste their time on something so idiotic? Boggles the mind.

Now, MMA and the UFC is another story, love that sport.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
I was excited when Chancellor laid that hit, but it made me really uncomfortable when Davis got up and he clearly was jacked up a head injury. Comes with the territory but I hate seeing dudes get hurt, even whiny ones from the 49ers.

I can see how the flags got thrown even though incorrect. The volume of the smack with that force (and in real time) combined with the visual of his head snapping back can lead to that mistake. The magical pass interference flag Chancellor got int he Packers game is the one that bothers me.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
What gets me is that, although Davis was airborne, he saw and readied himself for the hit....and still got CREAMED!! Haha! KamTrack Express ticket to the turf. 8)

rastahawk

Reaction score
All I remember from that play was seeing Vernon Davis open near the sideline and then the ball touching his hands and thinking "crap"! Then all of a sudden... Well you all know what happened next.

Latest posts