New poster - 49ers Fan

chris98251

Reaction score
Young2Rice":1xkjdcol said:
RolandDeschain":1xkjdcol said:
Welcome to the forum, Beeker. As long as you avoid replying to arguments with "5 rings", you should be fine. I seriously don't get why so many 49ers fans do that. Do you see anybody replying to Germans with "WW2"? I mean, really. :)

@Seahawkgal: The Rams don't scare me quite yet, but their D-line should terrify every team in the league. It's almost unfair.

We do the "5" rings thing because we know it riles you guys up.

:D

But I can see that as being very obnoxious....kind of like "42-13." Pretty much the same thing.

You don't get it but thats OK, we try to treat our guests with some degree of understanding.

42 - 13 was last season,

5 rings happened in the last century or the last millennium

Thats a lot like wanting to date Diana Riggs when she looked like this.ThidH5031825710909212pid1

But saying now when she looks like this leaves something to be desired by many.ThidHA71958795374pid1

drdiags

Reaction score
The 42-13 thing seems like a fair poke to the ESPN NFC West posters who had a field day with that 7-9 thing. They were merciless and no matter how much the fans responded about how it was getting old, didn't seem to deter the humor-challenged from keeping up with that retort.

I suspect the 42-13 thing lives until week 2 of the upcoming season.

Welcome to all the opposing fans. I understand we are going to try to have a civil football discussion on the main forums, with the Smack shack being the place to be for the down and dirty stuff between fan bases (as well as our usual suspects lobbing love bombs at each other).

I am sure at some point some of our folks will push to have a guy banned if the smack cuts too deep but I am told our mods will not let it be totally one-sided on tolerance.

Enjoy your stay.

EDIT: Also, since the 9ers are the hunted, some of our fans have a stalking like desire to post all things 9ers or anti-9ers. Gets them pumped up. You will notice the theme in our Smack, NFL Forum and even here prior to our mods moving the topics to the appropriate forum. Just to give you a heads up.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Young2Rice":i5zmzx3y said:

But I can see that as being very obnoxious....kind of like "42-13." Pretty much the same thing.

If you read this forum regularly, you should know I've called for everyone around here to stop saying "42-13" as a catchphrase, or just in response to stuff. It's stupid. As stupid as the 5 rings thing, though the rings one has more ego/arrogance to it.

Young2Rice

Reaction score
hawker84":2r5bpx9r said:
TRUE, but that doesn't mean the most recent A** thwomping does not taste oh so sweet still...because it does.... and yes i said thwomping....

I'm sure it does.

On my end it that trouncing stung like hell until we beat ATL in the NFCC.

Young2Rice

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":f6ryrxs0 said:
Young2Rice":f6ryrxs0 said:

If you read this forum regularly, you should know I've called for everyone around here to stop saying "42-13" as a catchphrase, or just in response to stuff. It's stupid. As stupid as the 5 rings thing, though the rings one has more ego/arrogance to it.

I can dig that. :thirishdrinkers:

Young2Rice

Reaction score
Its your guy's forum.

Sorry, didn't mean to rattle the cages. I'm sure this topic has been beaten to death.

Giedi

Reaction score
Beeker49":36ywtty1 said:
Hey y'all. Just wanted to give a quick shout to introduce myself. Lifelong 49ers fan, not looking to cause trouble here. I'm actually looking forward to the next several years of NFC West competition. The Hawks look REAL good, and IMVHO, will be the major obstacle to my 49ers getting back to the SB again.

Anyways, I know I'll catch my fair share of grief, and that's cool - I've got thick skin.
you just put a bulls eye on your butt, good luck!

OP
OP
Beeker49

Beeker49

Reaction score
The Radish":2dqfi94n said:
Hey beeker good to see you made it.

Welcome to Seahawks.net

Got another new guy coming Forty9ers who says you folks all hate Ray-Duh fans.

So see, we do have a common frame of reference.

:roll:
Radish - thanks for the welcome. And it's Raydurdurdur fans :3-1:

OP
OP
Beeker49

Beeker49

Reaction score
Axx":3kix1ntp said:
I expect you to come on this website and post after week 2 regardless of the outcome
Damn skippy I will. If it's a Hawks win, I'll take my lumps. If it's a Niners win, I'll gloat ( a little).

OP
OP
Beeker49

Beeker49

Reaction score
Young2Rice":1m3l9wnr said:
RolandDeschain":1m3l9wnr said:
Welcome to the forum, Beeker. As long as you avoid replying to arguments with "5 rings", you should be fine. I seriously don't get why so many 49ers fans do that. Do you see anybody replying to Germans with "WW2"? I mean, really. :)

@Seahawkgal: The Rams don't scare me quite yet, but their D-line should terrify every team in the league. It's almost unfair.

This - in response to the 5 rings comments. I won't say 5 rings, you don't hit me with 42-13 .... :thfight7:

OP
OP
Beeker49

Beeker49

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcomes - I've been reading .Net for a while now, and I have a fair idea of who will be civil, and who (may) be a total douche. Hope that word doesn't get me banned.

Also - Hawker, I told ya I'd be fine brah. Thick skin.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Beeker49":afiyz68f said:
Thanks for the welcomes - I've been reading .Net for a while now, and I have a fair idea of who will be civil, and who (may) be a total douche. Hope that word doesn't get me banned.

The word "Douche" is actually setup to auto fill on this board whenever the word Harbaugh is typed. Depending on the thread, it can be Hardouche, Douchebaugh, or Massenbaugh if typed in the right order.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Beeker49":cszznabm said:
Young2Rice":cszznabm said:
RolandDeschain":cszznabm said:

This - in response to the 5 rings comments. I won't say 5 rings, you don't hit me with 42-13 .... :thfight7:

That is like saying I won't watch the history channel if you won't watch the news.

OP
OP
Beeker49

Beeker49

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":1nwxvoxb said:
Beeker49":1nwxvoxb said:

The word "Douche" is actually setup to auto fill on this board whenever the word Harbaugh is typed. Depending on the thread, it can be Hardouche, Douchebaugh, or Massenbaugh if typed in the right order.
That's actually pretty damn funny!